Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
DVLA makes £9m from motorists' phoneline (Read 23,774 times)
NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: DVLA makes £9m from motorists' phoneline
Reply #15 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 7:02pm

Dave wrote on Aug 26th, 2008 at 6:57pm:
So they let the communications provider of the 0845 number keep it all.

No the communications provider of course then gives it back to them via crooked accounting in the form of cheaper outgoing calls, lower cost switchboard and line rental or a cheaper maintenance contract than they would get if an 01/02 number was used.  But of course they really aren't getting a revenue share are they. Wink Roll Eyes Cry
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2008 at 7:02pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

sandibee

Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 1:12pm

I just want to say thank you for providing the geographic number for DVLA as otherwise my phone bill would have suffered considerably.  I waited sometime for a response even though the call had been answered and then the woman who spoke to me really took her time to provide the information I wanted.  I returned my tax disc and other paperwork for a refund on 16th March and was surprised I had not received even an acknowledgment which is supposed to come within 20 days.  It turns out that means 20 "working days" and the refund does not come for 30 "working days" which is around two months!! Amazing that it takes them that long but of course it means that everyone will get concerned and phone them thus adding to their income unless people know about you site.  So many thanks.  So sad the way government departments have become private companies with their main aim being to make as much money as possible rather than providing a decent service.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #17 - Apr 16th, 2009 at 8:39pm

[quote author=sandibee link=1182395357/15#16 date=1239883953]I just want to say thank you for providing the geographic number for DVLA as otherwise my phone bill would have suffered considerably.[/quote]

Welcome to saynoto0870.com sandbee.  Its good to hear we managed to save you from being fleeced by the double talk management of the DVLA who have kept on saying they are going to introduce a non premium rate (probably 03) phone number and then never do so.

[quote]So sad the way government departments have become private companies with their main aim being to make as much money as possible rather than providing a decent service.[/quote]

Amen to that.  Its good to welcome someone else who is clearly a true devotee to the cause of preventing these ripoffs to the forum.
« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2009 at 8:40pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge