Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Marks & Spencer in database (Read 17,122 times)
dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Marks & Spencer in database
Jan 14th, 2008 at 2:31pm

Has anyone else noticed, that within the Marks & Spencer entry in the alternative numbers database there is a strange "foreign" entry for Tesco at Marks Farm, Braintree? I suppose that has somehow found its way into that section due to the word "Marks" which has somehow been misinterpreted? I do not believe it should be there, but I would expect to find it under "Tesco".

One other issue is that if one does a search for "M&S" or "Marks and Spencer" this gives the result of nothing found on the database. Surely these plus "Marks and Spencers" should be common tags, so that a search for any of these four locates the same database? The common parlance is I believe "M&S" rather than "Marks & Spencer"?
« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2008 at 2:32pm by dorf »  

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Marks & Spencer in database
Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2008 at 2:38pm

dorf wrote on Jan 14th, 2008 at 2:31pm:
Has anyone else noticed, that within the Marks & Spencer entry in the alternative numbers database there is a strange "foreign" entry for Tesco at Marks Farm, Braintree? I suppose that has somehow found its way into that section due to the word "Marks" which has somehow been misinterpreted? I do not believe it should be there, but I would expect to find it under "Tesco".

That is due to the way the search engine works; it searches the "Other Information" field aswell as the company name.

dorf wrote on Jan 14th, 2008 at 2:31pm:
One other issue is that if one does a search for "M&S" or "Marks and Spencer" this gives the result of nothing found on the database. Surely these plus "Marks and Spencers" should be common tags, so that a search for any of these four locates the same database? The common parlance is I believe "M&S" rather than "Marks & Spencer"?

Search of M&S finds the entries, as too does "Marks & Spencer" (note the ampersand rather than the word "and").

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 10:48am

I would just like to mention that I thought it prudent to phone M & S customer services to tell them that I am going away and will be using my credit card abroad. The telephone number for this department is 0845 900 0900. I went onto the database and dialed this number which is 'unverified'...01244 681 666 and hey, it worked and my telephone call was taken by a very nice Indian gentleman(!) who I could actually understand and he even answered the telephone immediatly. So anyone wanting M & S customer services I would reccomend this number. Smiley

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 7:24pm

sherbert wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 10:48am:
I would just like to mention that I thought it prudent to phone M & S customer services to tell them that I am going away and will be using my credit card abroad. The telephone number for this department is 0845 900 0900. I went onto the database and dialed this number which is 'unverified'...01244 681 666 and hey, it worked and my telephone call was taken by a very nice Indian gentleman(!) who I could actually understand and he even answered the telephone immediatly. So anyone wanting M & S customer services I would reccomend this number. Smiley

This number has been verified. Thanks for the feedback.  Smiley

IP Logged

LordZeus

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 5:47pm

Hi, I know this might be irrelevant but I do have geographic number to contact M&S Money - 01244 879 080.

# Number amended by contributor ~ DaveM
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2008 at 8:14pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge