Send Topic Print
"Phone Rage" (Read 4,986 times)
jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

"Phone Rage"
Mar 6th, 2008 at 10:38pm

Did anyone watch "Phone Rage" on Channel 4 tonight (Cutting Edge, 9pm)? Certainly an interesting programme about call centres (although obviously slightly off-topic as it didn't have anything to do with NGN numbers as such - aside from the "in call" comments by a caller saying it was expensive to call from their mobile).

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

evilmcwoo

Essex
Re: "Phone Rage"
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 9:21am

I was in it Smiley

only a cut away 'face looking at a computer screen shot' though...

evilmcwoo  
IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2008 at 12:59pm

evilmcwoo wrote on Mar 7th, 2008 at 9:21am:
I was in it Smiley

only a cut away 'face looking at a computer screen shot' though...

And what is your own position on the abuse of these 084/7 numbers by call centre operators?  In particular the fact that their senior management frequently deliberately train their staff to lie that 0845 and 0870 are local rate and national rate in response to any complaint about their use?

Or does your call centre only use 01/02/03 numbers or 0800/0808 numbers?

<div style=

IP Logged

evilmcwoo

Essex
Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2008 at 5:47pm

Personally I think it is disgusting. I would not use a service if I knew that I was being ripped off. As a call centre staff member (and human being) I personally always give out freephone numbers/geographical numbers as I am fully aware of the awful practices that go on in certain companies... In fact my department can only be reached via geographical number/freephone number!!

It also doesn't help that the company that I work for is currently changing from freephone, 24 hour numbers to 8-8 weekdays 8-6 saturday 0845 numbers. Which, by the way, the company are pleased to announce that all of the proceeds apparently are given to charity (or so we are told...!!!)...

Currently all of our 0800 numbers are still in use, as well as the geographic numbers. There is also the number for overseas callers: 0115 9955100. I will keep you updated.

Unfortunately I feel as though we are all being tarred with the same brush when it comes to criticism over call centre staff... there are a few rebels (with brains) amongst us!! A lot of us were horrified by the examples of staff that they used during the programme.. we are NOT all X Factor wannabes!
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2008 at 5:55pm by evilmcwoo »  
evilmcwoo  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge