Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Prlm'ntary Ombudsman Accepts Case For 03 Nmbr (Read 27,198 times)
SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: Prlm'ntary Ombudsman Accepts Case For 03 Nmbr
Reply #15 - Mar 25th, 2009 at 3:01pm

My dear friend,

As usual when it comes down to the issues, as opposed to the personal abuse, we find ourselves very largely in agreement.

We seem to disagree on the degree of power and influence that certain bodies can exercise and the extent to which things happen through weakness and incompetence, rather than malevolence. I am firmly committed to the cock-up theory.

We probably agree that it is valid to work on the inside as well as through the media. Let us please try to keep away from public discussion of how effective any one campaigner has been at either. I maintain that this can only be helpful in giving tips and inspiration for further efforts.

Everything said in this forum is in the public domain and thereby open to public scrutiny by anyone who is aware of it and wishes to read it. Like me, you are content to open up certain thoughts and ideas to the view of those who agree with, mildly disagree with and totally oppose you.

I cannot claim any representative status in my campaigning efforts, as I have none. Reporting, or posting transcripts of, every press release, exchange of emails, telephone conversation and face to face discussion in this forum would do nothing to change that situation. I work mindful of the views of many others, both within and without the membership of this forum, but totally on my own account.

Acting as a authorised spokesperson for a group that may claim to have some form of representative status can provide better access through many channels. This does however demand establishing proper credentials for the claim of representation, which may be subject to scrutiny, and a means of granting authorisation on behalf of the group for what may be said or done. I see this as the only way that either of us could elevate our position in the way you suggest that you have done, whereas I have not.

If the relevant decisions are taken in smoke-filled rooms, then that is where I want to be, either in person or through the ideas conveyed by others. I do not believe that either of us would rather be outside on the pavement proudly and publicly declaring our opposition to what is being done, but having no effect on it. I seek results, not acclamation for the nobility of unsuccessful efforts. I suspect that we do actually agree on this fundamental point.

David

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge