Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Can't create shortcut (Read 4,666 times)
Jeceris

Can't create shortcut
Nov 26th, 2008 at 5:09pm

Why can't I create a shortcut for the site? Right clicking from the Homepage does nothing. Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Re: Can't create shortcut
Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 7:55pm

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 8:35pm

I'd forgotten about this. As I use Firefox (mostly on Linux) I didn't even remember right clicking was disabled.

I actually think it's high time this issue was raised again. What exactly is the rationale behind disabling right click? It doesn't do anything to stop people saving content, viewing the source, etc. What it does do is prevents less experienced web users from using their web browsers in the way they are accustomed.

I'd like an answer, rather than it just be brushed under the carpet again by telling the OP that they are stupid and should use another method to bookmark the page or paste a number in.

Many of us have given up a lot of time in replying to queries on here and hunting for alternate numbers. Yet the usefulness or impact of our efforts is significantly reduced by the policies of the website, including the lack of an API, the lack of input from the owner who is collecting the Adsense revenue, and now the use of obfuscation which I'd class alongside the behaviour of companies who go out of their way to hide geographical numbers.

Disabling right click is pointless, and of all the faults of the website, this would be dead easy to fix in minutes and have no impact on the amount of revenue generated for the owner. Please get rid of this ridiculous feature.

IP Logged

Forum Admin
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 6:27pm

Jeceris,

I can confirm that you should now be able to create a shortcut to the site (using the method you normally use).

Right clicking being disabled on the site has been in place for a number of years since the site was redesigned.

The facility to right click should now work throughout the site (and not just in the forum - as it was before).

If you have any problems please let us know.

Thanks
Daniel
(Forum Admin)

Check Out the main website at http://www.saynoto0870.com
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge