Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Doctors charge for Road Accident consultation (Read 36,586 times)
Barbara
Supreme Member

Re: Doctors charge for Road Accident consultation
Reply #15 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 10:29am

This all seems appalling & the last thing anyone involved in a road accident needs to be bothered with when they will have more important issues (eg pain!) on their minds.  My thought is that, if there is such a notice in the surgery, lie to the receptionist about why you wish to see the doctor!  I do see from the posts that, in many, perhaps most, situations, the cost may be payable by someone else or their insurance, I can still see problems where eg a pedestrian is responsible for being hit by a car, a car drives off (getting the reg no may not be a priority), a pedestrian and a bike collide (either being responsible).  Many people do not have house insurance (incredible but true, think about the situation after the 2007 floods), often the poorest so that couldn't cover it and fully comp car insurance is just unaffordable for most drivers under 25.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #16 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 11:12am

Just to point out, there is nothing new in all this, I have been driving for 40 years and this has always been the case.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #17 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 11:18am

Barbara wrote on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 10:29am:
 My thought is that, if there is such a notice in the surgery, lie to the receptionist about why you wish to see the doctor!  .

That would be fraud and I would not suggest that route, infact I am surprised that you are suggesting it Sad

« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2009 at 11:19am by sherbert »  

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #18 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:05pm

Keith wrote on Jul 22nd, 2009 at 4:18pm:
Although not a tel. no. issue I thought SCV would be interested in this re HS charges.

I was in my local surgery today and saw a notice that stated anyone seeing a doctor following an RTA would have to pay a £22 fee prior to the initial consultation.

What next? Anyone feeling unwell has to pay a fee.

Why do you have to pay a fee to see your doctor because you have had a car crash or been run down by a car?

My surgery has a £45. fee, payable before treatment IF you are asking for treatment due to RTA if you have not previously been to A&E.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #19 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:10pm

Sherbert, I have never thought it was a receptionist's business to know why I wish to see a GP - consultations are supposed to be confidential!

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #20 - Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:40pm

Barbara wrote on Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:10pm:
Sherbert, I have never thought it was a receptionist's business to know why I wish to see a GP - consultations are supposed to be confidential!

Not these days, when I have gone to or telephoned the receptionist and ask for blood test results ot whatever, she looks at my file on the computer and tells me. I think you will find that consultations are confidential to the practice and not the doctor. If you should see a different doctor to your usual one he has access to your details, so from then on the confidentiality has been dispersed.
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2009 at 12:41pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge