Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Abbey (Santander) blocking their 01 & 0800 numbers (Read 74,317 times)
samwsmith1

York
Re: Abbey (Santander) blocking their 01 & 0800 num
Reply #15 - Apr 8th, 2010 at 5:12pm

Heinz wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 at 4:07pm:
I went into my A&L branch a few weeks ago to make an appointment to open an ISA early in the new financial year.

The nice young man who made the appointment insisted on printing out details for me - and a local (01) number was shown on the letterhead!

I noticed it that evening and, as I have free evening calls, I tried it about 7:15pm.  It worked and, after 5 or 6 rings, the same young man answered!

Needless to say, that number is now in the database.

I was surprised when I opened an account with them that the business card I got given had a local 01904 number it (01904 640 506) - just added this to the database which can be verified.

IP Logged

reserved

East Sussex
Reply #16 - Apr 11th, 2010 at 6:35pm

Using the branch locator on this page: http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/home/index.aspx   will get you the branch geographic number  Wink

It's contacting their Customer Services which is the problem  Angry
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2010 at 6:36pm by reserved »  

IP Logged

reserved

East Sussex
Reply #17 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 8:05am

reserved wrote on Apr 11th, 2010 at 6:35pm:
It's contacting their Customer Services which is the problem  Angry

Having said that I used 0800 0566066 yesterday with no problems  Smiley

IP Logged

floella2

Reply #18 - Apr 15th, 2010 at 7:38pm

Still no joy with Abbey though? Walked a mile to my local branch today a) out of principle and b) because it was sunny!

I would love a proper number for these guys because other than blocking calls to 01908, I have been reasonably happy with them.

Any joy anybody? I have made my feelings clear to the complaints team and even emailed the CEO but as yet it hasnt been taken seriously.

IP Logged

jamesbond

Suffolk
Reply #19 - Apr 19th, 2010 at 2:47pm

Usually a CEO would ensure that the customer gets a reply, because I do believe he wants to keep the customer.  Who knows in this day and age.

James Bond

IP Logged

floella2

Reply #20 - Apr 21st, 2010 at 3:30pm

The CEO forwarded onto his Executive Support Team, and they replied with an 0845 number for the complaints dept.

I forwarded this back to the CEO, who again forwarded it to his Executive Support Team. This time he failed to remove his email header so it was quite clear to see that he was the initial recipient.

Amongst other things, I asked him if our Spanish counterparts have to call a premium rate number to discuss their money. (Anyone remember Rip Off Britain? Other couuntries must see us as mugs!)

However, my questions were not answered!

The gentleman's email address is Antonio.Osorio@santander.co.uk if you wish to raise any issues with him.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: Abbey (Santander) blocking their 01 & 0800 numbers
Reply #21 - Nov 19th, 2013 at 4:00pm

Please move the 0800 092 2212 alternative for 0845 600 4388 to the Verified list.

Dialling from my landline, I used it this afternoon and, following the IVR menus, got through successfully to discuss transactions on my current account.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #22 - Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:39pm

floella2 wrote on Apr 21st, 2010 at 3:30pm:
Amongst other things, I asked him if our Spanish counterparts have to call a premium rate number to discuss their money. (Anyone remember Rip Off Britain? Other couuntries must see us as mugs!)

However, my questions were not answered!

I know this is late but I only just saw this thread due to the more recent last post.

However I can assure you that problems with the use of ripoff 902 contact centre numbers in Spain in general and in particular when calling them from Spanish mobiles and for Santander itself are every bit as bad as in the UK.

Spanish 902 numbers widely used for customer service lines (including those run by Santander in Spain) cost 58 cents or around 50p per minute to call from my Orange Spain mobile.  Also in Spain there is no ASA or other regulator who forces users of 902 numbers to disclose the vast additional call cost.  They are always presented as though they are a normal number.   As all other Spanish landline numbers also begin with a 9 it is very easy to become confused about this as a foreigner.

I did not know 902 numbers in Spain cost 58 cents per minute till I ran out of credit in only five minutes on my Orange Spain mobile when trying to call their English speaking 902 customer service line.  Their ordinary customer service line on 470 is free to call from an Orange Mobile but they refuse to deal with you if can only speak halting tourist Spanish like I can.  Instead they cut you off an text you telling you to call the 902 number but not telling you it costs 58 cents per minute plus connection fee of up to 30 cents.  900 numbers by contrast are Freephone numbers from a landline including a public pay phone but not from a mobile.

Coming back to Santander as you can see from the Spanish equivalent of saynoto0870.com at http://wiki.nmn900.net/Banco_Santander the use of 902 numbers by Santander in Spain is widespread as also confirmed at http://www.santander.com/csgs/Satellite/CFWCSancomQP01/es_ES/Corporativo/Contact... They do list a different geographic number to call them from overseas but what is the betting that is blocked if you call it from within Spain?

The current description of 902 numbers and their cost at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_Spain is completely wrong and I will have to try and attempt to correct it.  This should be fairly easy to do given that it is in English.

Given the general Spanish tendency to ignore almost all forms of complaint and bury them I bet it takes even longer for Spanish companies to comply with the forthcoming EU directive than their counterparts here in the United Kingdom. Shocked Sad Cry
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2013 at 3:42pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge