Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Warranty Wise - Claims (Read 31,790 times)
gerryambler

Re: Warranty Wise - Claims
Reply #15 - Dec 6th, 2009 at 6:54pm

Just a quick word in response to Lawrence; punters can read all the policy booklets available and glean which they believe/think/interpret offers the best-value cover: it's only when a claim is made that the car-owner finds out the truth of the policy-blurb, i.e. if a suspension spring fails [and they do frequently on certain Vx models  --  to my certain knowledge] W/D will not cover (a) the cost of replacing the matching spring (as  the manufacturer advises) and (b) any consequential damage to a tyre [as often occurs]. . . .

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #16 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 3:01pm

In response to Lawrence, 0845 was local rate up to 1st July 2004 when BT stopped such tariffs & pushed their inclusive packages.  What people using this site are generally seeking is an alternative number which won't cost them any more than a geographical number and are thus included in any package - for most purposes, this means numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03 (the last being the number recently introduced by OFCOM for those organisations who want a single number without geographical link but who do not want to cost their callers a "premium").  The premium often comes from a revenue share where the called party receives part of the sum the caller pays (the telecoms company receives the other part), this revenue share has been abolished on 0870 but still exists on 0844, 0871 (although this is regulated by other thas Ofcom, I think it is called PayphonePlus).   If you are not receiving anything on your 0845, I presume your telecoms company is keeping the whole premium paid by your callers, you may have views on this!   Also, you have to remember that 0800 numbers are not helpful to mobile phone users as they are not freephone for them and are charged, I believe, at a higher rate than normal calls.  It should also be remembered that calls from mobiles to 084X etc numbers can cost up to 40ppm.

In summary, you are probably best to promote your geographical number, or move to 03 if you wish.  I think I have got all this right, I'm sure the others will correct me if I am wrong!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #17 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 5:55pm

The days of national calls costing more than local ones are generally gone. BT, Virgin Media and other landline providers have been charging the same for a local call as a national one for at least half a decade now. The only anomaly is on some of TalkTalk's tariffs where local calls are inclusive but national ones are not.

So in actual fact, providing the 01282 number does not disadvantage customers, although there is always the possibility that some may perceive that a national call is (more) expensive when it is not.

This is the point of the 03 numbers. If an organisation wants a non-geographical number, and doesn't wish to derive subsidy from callers, use an 03 number. Calls regulations mean that all landline and mobile providers must bill them on the same terms as 01/02 numbers. So where inclusive minutes apply for 01/02 calls, so to do they for 03 calls.

IP Logged

Warrantywise

Warrantywise
Reply #18 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 11:37pm

Hi Guys

This is all NEWS to me and indeed are very interesting reviews. I am actually meeting with my Telecoms company tomorrow as they are trying to sell us a new phone system. I will enquire about the "03" numbers for all Warranty Wise phone numbers!

My only gripe with this at the moment is that a vast majority of people do not commonly recognize the 03 number as costing the same as an 01 or 02 number and therefore it could affect our incoming calls and have the opposite effect than it is supposed to! As i hope you can see, we do everything to comply with TCF (treating customers fairly) requirements and my overall aim is to be as consumer friendly as possible.

The only problem with our 01282 number is that the majority of consumers have unfortunately come to expect 0800 and 0845 numbers from larger companies and associate local numbers with smaller organisations... I think ofcom or whoever is in charge should do some major advertising to get the public to realise what these numbers are all about. Just talking to you guys has been a revelation to me and my warranty company!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #19 - Dec 7th, 2009 at 11:59pm

Warrantywise wrote on Dec 7th, 2009 at 11:37pm:
My only gripe with this at the moment is that a vast majority of people do not commonly recognize the 03 number as costing the same as an 01 or 02 number and therefore it could affect our incoming calls and have the opposite effect than it is supposed to! As i hope you can see, we do everything to comply with TCF (treating customers fairly) requirements and my overall aim is to be as consumer friendly as possible.

See the Hall of Fame - Private Sector. From there you can get to the Public Sector Hall of Fame, which is considerably fuller!

It is a problem, particularly in the private sector where perception is reality rather. It's difficult for me to say how widespread awareness of 03 numbers are. I hope that as public sector organisations start to use them, the public will become aware and more of the private sector will use them.

Warrantywise wrote on Dec 7th, 2009 at 11:37pm:
The only problem with our 01282 number is that the majority of consumers have unfortunately come to expect 0800 and 0845 numbers from larger companies and associate local numbers with smaller organisations...

Again, unfortunately it's perception being reality I suppose.

Bear in mind that 0800 is actually only of benefit to landline callers who pay for their calls at the time of ringing (or payphone callers). Mobile callers are almost always disadvantaged and landline callers with inclusive tariffs it makes no difference whether it's 01/02/03 or 0800.

I certainly think you should give consideration to including both sets of 08 and 01282 numbers at least on your website and probably in your printed literature.

The GEM Assist T&Cs does just that. The AA has also recently published alternative 01 numbers for breakdown emergencies and membership enquiries.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2009 at 12:00am by Dave »  

IP Logged

catj

Reply #20 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 12:01am

Have you got space near the number for something like:

Calls to 03 numbers are inclusive in landline and mobile talk plans. Outside of inclusive plans, 03 numbers cost the same to call as 01 and 02 numbers.

Ofcom should have insisted on this already.

If anyone wants to improve the wording or challenge the facts, have at it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge