Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Problems with 18185.co.uk (Read 50,514 times)
Boxter

Problems with 18185.co.uk
Dec 8th, 2009 at 2:17pm

Well seem to be having problems now with 18185 and am thinking of closing my account down. Now I have my bill sent every month to my email but for the last two months, I have not had any. Well went in to my account last month and found that someone had put a star before the start of my email. Anyway took it out and saved it. Then this month the same thing happend again, went to look again and the star was back. I have not put it there so it must be 18185, why?. Anyway have tried to contact them and there is no way to get hold of them.

Next I just made a call and it now says, 10p per minute. Thats normal landline numbers. It's getting bad now. Well you do get what you pay for.

Example

*mrblogs@anonymous.com
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:06pm by Boxter »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: Problems with 18185.com
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 3:27pm

Do you mean www.18185.co.uk rather than .com?

From their web site......

Your 18185 account number can be found in the subscription confirmation email from 18185. You can also call our freephone number 0808 170 1818 from a registered telephone for a customer number reminder.

IP Logged

Rushworth

Re: Problems with 18185.com
Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 3:35pm

I have posted under "Call Providers". There does appear to be a serious problem

IP Logged

Boxter

Re: Problems with 18185.co.uk
Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:16pm

sherbert sorry about that, ment .co.uk.

It's nothing to do with my account numbers, i have that. It's to do with 18185 messing up my email deliberately, so I don't get my bill sent.

Btw that 10p call problem seems to have been sorted. There is still no working email to get hold of them. I did try > service@18185.co.uk but it was rejected.

So far poor service. Any others that offer cheap calls like 18185?
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:17pm by Boxter »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:49pm

Could the reason your emails are being rejected is because you are putting .com at the end (as you quotes in your original post) and not .co.uk?

Just a thought.

IP Logged

Boxter

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:58pm

sherbert my email is 2000% correct. I have not had this problem before and has only started in about the last three months.

It's 18185 playing about. There must be something wrong with them, keep putting a star at the start of my email. Thats why I don't get my bill sent to my email at the end of the month.

But apart form that, there is no way to contact them. Thats the trouble with a faceless company like 18185.

Edit. Even some others have had problems contacting 18185.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1061959&highlight=contact+...
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:06pm by Boxter »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 6:47pm

Boxter wrote on Dec 8th, 2009 at 5:58pm:

But that was last year!

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 10:14pm

Are you sure you are supposed to have received a bill? I joined both 18185 and 18866 a while ago, but have never received a bill. I only use them on the rare occasion I need to make a daytime call or call a mobile, so I only have a small balance on each and assumed there is a minimum before they actually send a bill. Do you have a large balance?

Unless they send you final demand notices, what's the problem with not receiving a bill? It just means you don't have to pay now!

No star in my e-mail address, though.

IP Logged

Boxter

Reply #8 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 10:39pm

Yes I am sure. I have been with 18185 for over a year now and have always had an online bill sent to my email. Only in the last few months have problems started.

I use 18185 quite a bit, so it does matter and I would like a bill. Just because you don't need a bill, don't mean I should not have one. Everyone to there own.

sherbert that just proves that getting hold of 18185, is a big problem. So how old that topic is, is really irrelevant.
« Last Edit: Dec 8th, 2009 at 10:40pm by Boxter »  

IP Logged

Ricardo

Reply #9 - Dec 8th, 2009 at 11:19pm

I receive monthly bills from 18185 via email but last month the first I knew was when the direct debit was taken from my account. I have just checked my account details and like the OP found that my email address had a x in front of it, hence the reason for not getting my normal email. I have removed it now and will see what happens this month.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #10 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 8:48am

Boxter...

I notice on their web site this...

.......... you can check all your invoices via your personal pages on this website.

Perhaps they have decided to stop sending emails?

IP Logged

Boxter

Reply #11 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 4:18pm

sherbert do you work for 18185 or something?

I know I can see my bill online but I have it sent to my email. There is nothing on there website to indicate they have stopped sending emails.

Thanks for telling us Ricardo, I'm glad it's not just me. 18185 if you are reading this, sort it out, or i dump your rubbish service.

Maybe sherbert can get is sorted. Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2009 at 4:19pm by Boxter »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #12 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 4:25pm

Boxter wrote on Dec 9th, 2009 at 4:18pm:
sherbert do you work for 18185 or something?

Maybe sherbert can get is sorted. Wink

No I don't work for them, just trying to help you out with some ideas. I think I will cease now as you don't seem to appreciate what I am trying to do for you. You came on this site asking for help and advice and that is what I was trying to do. Cry

Remember people who help out on this site do so voluntary and in their own time as they like to help other members. So thanks instead of rudeness would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2009 at 7:12pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #13 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 6:38pm

Boxter, there's no need to be rude. I meant that there may be a threshold below which you will not receive a monthly bill. I haven't paid for any calls at all, it isn't that they simply haven't e-mailed me an invoice to tell me how much to pay. Have they actually taken money from you in the months you received no invoice?

IP Logged

Boxter

Reply #14 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 9:08pm

jrawle  I'm not being rude but if sherbert wants to sulk about it, then thats up to sherbert.

Anyway Lets get this straight. I came on here to warn others of problems and to see if anyone else had, the same problems with 18185. As we can see, someone else has.

It seems some of you like to defend 18185. There is no threshold, limits or anything else, only 18185 being a pain in the backside. If there was limits, I would of found out by now or it should be stated on there website. Sayno to 0870 does recommend 18185, so I think it's only fair that, people are aware of any problems with them.

I pay my bill DD but I still like and have always had, a bill sent to my email. Why now has 18185 started to be stupid and put a star in emails, to stop people getting them.

Still no one can tell me how to get hold of 18185, so I can ask them.

If anyone else has had problems with 18185, please post here. We would all like to know.  Smiley

Thank you.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2009 at 9:15pm by Boxter »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge