Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
BT Launch New Home Phone Saver Service. (Read 22,898 times)
Trenod

Re: BT Launch New Home Phone Saver Service.
Reply #30 - Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:52pm

Very true. The Post Office, for example, has a couple of 'bolt-ons' giving anytime calls to UK mobiles: 100 minutes for an extra 3 a month and 500 minutes for 8. Until very recently, they even gave inclusive calls to UK mobiles and international numbers at the weekend (6pm Friday to 6am Monday, a very long weekend), as well as inclusive 0845/0870 in all plans. The latter is now only available on their Anytime and Anytime Plus plans.

Ironically, if BT's call barring features do indeed block calls to all 08 numbers other than Freephone, the inclusive 0845/0870 calls might no longer be connected!
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2019 at 10:55pm by Trenod »  

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #31 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 1:09am

I note interesting discussion and comments, whilst still awaiting an answer from BT - with due patience.

There is one question, on which I would appreciate some reassurance.

I assume that there is an issue with a family member or another user of a BT line who is unable to show due discretion when deciding which numbers to call. It is a reasonable request to seek an understanding about what improper (or undesired) behaviour will be prevented by use of the "premium rate" call barring feature.

Can I be reassured that there is such a genuine situation behind this, or is this just a matter of general interest?

IP Logged

Trenod

Reply #32 - Jul 16th, 2019 at 11:17pm

There are two reasons I asked. Firstly, I have a relative, who lives with me sometimes, who cannot be trusted to use the phone responsibly or to seek permission before dialling. Secondly, I often receive junk calls that caller display identifies as 'international' or beginning with '09' (possibly spoofed IDs) and would not want to dial such numbers accidentally when navigating through the list using the small buttons on my slimline phone, as no doubt a charge would be generated (whether the numbers were 'real' or not).

Incidentally, I note that I stated incorrectly in my post of 28th June that BT's minimum monthly charge for one calling feature is 5.75. It's actually 5.50. I can no longer edit the post.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content 1999-2019 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge