Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Virgin Media Virgin Mobile WRONG INFO (Read 39,497 times)
bigjohn
Supreme Member

Re: Virgin Media Virgin Mobile WRONG INFO
Reply #15 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 5:48pm

Have you managed to make an inclusive 01/02 or UK Mobile call since 14 Aug 15:35 ? If you have not made a call try a short test one and report back .
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2015 at 5:59pm by bigjohn »  

BJ.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 9:59pm

SilentCallsVictim wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 4:42pm:
...When we have formal confirmation of these charges and the answers to these questions, to counter any suspicion that the inclusive allowance had been exceeded in this case, then we will have a major issue to address.
I made a 20sec call on my virgin mobile to one of these numbers and didn't get charged.  So I would therefore put it down to a tariff setting on virgin's side.

My tariff is one of the new ones but maybe an old tariff charges for some of these numbers from outset rather than include them in any inclusive allowance.

I admit though that this isn't likely I would say and it's more a case of allowance has been exceeded (maybe a daily allowance for these numbers?!?) but it is possible.

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #17 - Aug 16th, 2015 at 10:56pm

bbb_uk wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 9:59pm:
SilentCallsVictim wrote on Aug 16th, 2015 at 4:42pm:
...When we have formal confirmation of these charges and the answers to these questions, to counter any suspicion that the inclusive allowance had been exceeded in this case, then we will have a major issue to address.
I made a 20sec call on my virgin mobile to one of these numbers and didn't get charged.  So I would therefore put it down to a tariff setting on virgin's side.

My tariff is one of the new ones but maybe an old tariff charges for some of these numbers from outset rather than include them in any inclusive allowance.

I admit though that this isn't likely I would say and it's more a case of allowance has been exceeded (maybe a daily allowance for these numbers?!?) but it is possible.

We know that things do go wrong and have done so with Virgin Media in the past, and also currently with Virgin Mobile's MNO. Until we know that the charges raised on the OP's bill in this case have been formerly justified, and for improper reasons, all we can do is speculate.

First line call centre agents should not make ill-informed general remarks, but they count for nothing.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #18 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 12:00pm

I have just been in contact with VM and I asked for the 03 tariff and this is the information I received

0300  and 0345 numbers are charged at different rates

0300 numbers were charged differently as they are for calling the bank or utility company for example
0345 numbers are included in call packages

I have received 3 different versions

Maybe VM needs taking to task but I do not have the expertise for such an undertaking.

Can other members contact VM and ask for an explanation in regard to charges for 0300/0345 numbers.

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

kasg

West Sussex
Reply #19 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 12:03pm

Good grief, where are they getting this twaddle from? Not only is there no difference in charging, but their description of what 0300 is for is completely wrong. And what about the other 03 ranges, like 0330, 0333, 0344, 0370, 0371, ...? It's 03, they're all charged the same way, end of story.
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2015 at 12:03pm by kasg »  

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #20 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 12:20pm

For this conversation to go somewhere we need to separate two separate issues.

Many organisations allow, or encourage, call centre agents to try to help customers by spouting their poor understanding of issues. We have read many examples of this here. This is a serious problem, as it serves neither the customer nor the organisation being misrepresented. The point has been well made.

Three cases of alleged incorrect billing were given at the start of this thread. These seem to contradict the published tariff. We want to know the true terms of the tariff, as this is allegedly in breach of the Ofcom General Conditions. Can we please sort this out.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #21 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 4:50pm

I have been in contact with VM over the weekend via E Mail explaining the situation. I received a call this morning and they have agreed to refund all call charges. I pointed out that  the staff did not fully understand the 03 call tariff and they were going to address the issue.

I usually demand compensation but in the instance I didn't because over the weekend I have received 1gig internet usage - 100 FREE talk minutes and a £5 refund for my inconvenience.

It definitely pays to complain Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #22 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 5:52pm

We still haven't got to the bottom of WHY you were charged for these calls, what rates were applied and which other 03 numbers they might be applying these erroneous rates to.

While you have been refunded for your calls this month, there's the real possibility that if other people  have been hit with this they won't be refunded unless they each individually complain.

Additionally, if the underlying issue hasn't been fixed this will happen all over again next month. Educating call centre staff has to be secondary to fixing any inherent issues within the billing system.

« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2015 at 6:02pm by Ian01 »  

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #23 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 6:50pm

@bazzerfewi, could you, if you don't mind, make a call to one of those numbers you got charged for but this time only for about 20/30 secs and see if you got charged.

If you don't then it's just likely a one-off billing system problem but if you do then this would indicate that anyone else on the same tariff as yourself will get charged for these calls which should be included within any inclusive minutes.

This is really the only way to proceed I believe, if need to.
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2015 at 6:50pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #24 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 7:18pm

I have made 2 calls and I will contact you when they are registered on the system

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #25 - Aug 17th, 2015 at 10:29pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Aug 17th, 2015 at 7:18pm:
I have made 2 calls and I will contact you when they are registered on the system
If you're registered for online billing then it only took about an hour for my test call to show.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #26 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 7:30am

Hi the call has been counted as inclusive minutes as it should be it was an error on VMs part but.
It does not excuse the fact that agents are giving out the wrong information in regard to 03 numbers. One agent even told me that a 0300 number was used differently to a 0345 number.

Thank you for your help

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #27 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 8:15am

The agent is correct. Different 03 numbers are used for different things. However, all 03 numbers should be charged at the same rate irrespective of their use.

030 - reserved for public services, charities and healthcare organisations
033 - for any business or organisation
034 - reserved for migration from the matching 084 number
037 - reserved for migration from the matching 087 number.

Numbers starting 03 are used for sales and enquiry lines, customer service lines and many other things. Most government departments and local authorities now use 03 numbers.

« Last Edit: Aug 18th, 2015 at 8:22am by Ian01 »  

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #28 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 9:39am

Yes I appreciate that the 0300 range is allocated to specific sectors but the agent has given incorrect information in regard to call charges. It concerns me because other VM customers do not keep track of their bills and would have been charged incorrectly, it took me 3 days to rectify this problem.

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #29 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 2:06pm

What day of the month does your inclusive allowance restart?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge