<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MyTrip.com (Read 5,453 times)
OD

MyTrip.com
Jul 19th, 2019 at 7:42am

I have been in a very long dispute with MyTrip.com for 2 months and have been on the phone with them several times. Their UK number is listed as +448447747881 on their website.

When you call that number there is no message about any service or access charge. The company had placed me on hold multiple times for hours waiting for a manager or supervisor to answer. Sometimes no manager would come and I'd just be disconnected.

My EE bill is now extremely high because of this. Please be aware about this issue before calling companies. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is not the type of company to play fair as I have learned through my dispute with them.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2019 at 7:44am by OD »  

IP Logged

OD

Re: MyTrip.com
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 7:42am

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #2 - Jul 19th, 2019 at 8:10pm

OD wrote on Jul 19th, 2019 at 7:42am:
I have been in a very long dispute with MyTrip.com for 2 months and have been on the phone with them several times. Their UK number is listed as +448447747881 on their website.

When you call that number there is no message about any service or access charge. The company had placed me on hold multiple times for hours waiting for a manager or supervisor to answer. Sometimes no manager would come and I'd just be disconnected.

My EE bill is now extremely high because of this. Please be aware about this issue before calling companies. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is not the type of company to play fair as I have learned through my dispute with them.

Hello OD and welcome to SayNoTo0870.com

I have checked the link you provided in your second post and it show's 2 numbers for MyTrip.com

The one you list is for bookings made before 07/02/19 and another 020 number for bookings made after that date.  Most people I would now assume will use the 2nd number.

Regarding the charges you have incurred you can claim them back under the Consumer Contracts  (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 - see here

The appear to have a complaints process
here

Alternatively my only other advice is to get in touch with Citizens Advice's Consumer Helpline
here

I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: Jul 19th, 2019 at 8:20pm by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

OD

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2019 at 11:03am

Hello CJT-80

Unfortunately my booking fit the 0844 description :/

Thanks very much for your advice. I have already contacted Citizens Advice and definitely submitted a complaint to MyTrip. Hopefully I can get some compensation but I highly doubt it, seeing how my original dispute with them ended. Its a £300 mistake that I hope others learn from.

Thanks for that Consumer Contracts Regulations link maybe that will help.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2019 at 9:05pm

OD

Thank you for letting us know.

I hope you get/have got somewhere with persuising this via Citizens Advice.

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge