Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Ebuyer (Read 131,439 times)
LeeUK

NE UK
Ebuyer.com Returns Department
Reply #30 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 3:55pm

Hi,

Trying to return an LCD TV I bought from Ebuyer.com at the weekend which turns out to have lousy picture and sound quality despite the 5 star customer reviews it had.

Filled out the RMA request online and now it's telling me to phone their technical support team on 0870 467 5191 who will be able to review my request fully.

I've searched the forum for a geographic number of their returns department but didn't come up with one.

The online returns system has given me an address to return the item to once I phone and get the RMA number:

Returns Department
Ebuyer (UK) Ltd
PO Box 222
Howden
DN14 7UW

I've looked all over the Ebuyer.com website and can only find nasty looking 0872 and 0871 numbers.

Thanks.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Re: Ebuyer.com Returns Department
Reply #31 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 3:59pm

We have several threads running about ebuyer. We have not yet managed to uncover an alternative (they seem very secretive about it!) You should be able to contact them through the website (they might even do call back if you ask). Absolutely refuse to ring the 087x numbers, and if they won't do call back, insist they give you an alternative.

I'd also recommend shopping elsewhere at suppliers that don't use 08xx numbers.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Ebuyer.com Returns Department
Reply #32 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 4:01pm

jgxenite wrote on Apr 29th, 2008 at 3:59pm:
We have several threads running about ebuyer....

I believe that they've all been joined together and are all in this thread. I have joined LeeUK's post to it.
« Last Edit: Apr 29th, 2008 at 4:01pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

LeeUK

NE UK
Re: Ebuyer
Reply #33 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 4:05pm

Thanks, I'll email them and try and get a ring back. If they refuse I'll just return the TV and contact my credit card.

This was the first time I've used Ebuyer and wont be using them again.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #34 - Apr 29th, 2008 at 4:07pm

Well, ebuyer can be OK as long as you don't have to ring them! That is the only (fairly major) drawback to buying anything with them - that and the fact they are an internet only business - you can't go into a local store and get help from them.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

mal-3

Ebuyer customer services?
Reply #35 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 11:52am

Anyone help with an Ebuyer number for customer services. Can only find technical support 0870 942 0780 or 02080994712, and they won't put me through.

TIA

Ebuyer (UK) Limited
Howden
East Yorkshire
DN14 7UW
0871 5213300

IP Logged

mistryd

Ebuyer
Reply #36 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 3:10pm

Hi,

I am looking into buying an LCD tv from a website called www.ebuyer.com
I know that they give free delivery. But I want to discuss what kind of wall bracket I need for my room.

So, the company is Ebuyer
I want to call them for some assistance whilst buying the LCD tv as I don not know much about them
The Company is based in Howded - Their address is: Ebuyer (UK) Ltd, Howden, East Yorks, DN14 7UW

I would really appreciate your help in finding a geographical number to contact them

They have provided two numbers.... 1) For general enquiries : 0871 521 33 00      2) For product advice: 0872 111 22 22

Once again thank you for reading my request and good luck in finding the number!!

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #37 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:14pm

I have found this one...0845 123 1100...which should prove cheaper, especially after 6 oclock from a BT land line. They are open until seven.

Hope that helps Smiley

IP Logged

mistryd

Reply #38 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:47pm

Thanks a lot Sherbert
This will be very helpful

For future reference, if someone could still find a geographical number, it'd be great for everyone

IP Logged

floella2

Reply #39 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 6:08pm

Number doesn't work.
All I can really suggest is pressing * 10 times as soon as you get the first announcement. This bypasses the menu system & should save about a minute.

Cheers

IP Logged

Gene_Nygaard

STD Number for Ebuyer (ltd) Uk
Reply #40 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 8:38pm

I am trying to find an alternative number other than 0870 or 0871 or 0845 for a company called Ebuyer (ltd) Uk, located at Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7UW.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks

IP Logged

irrelevant

Re: STD Number for Ebuyer (ltd) Uk
Reply #41 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 11:40pm

Google comes up with this number....   01430 433 616  depends which department you want I guess.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2008 at 11:40pm by irrelevant »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: STD Number for Ebuyer (ltd) Uk
Reply #42 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 12:31am

Gene_Nygaard wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 at 8:38pm:
I am trying to find an alternative number other than 0870 or 0871 or 0845 for a company called Ebuyer (ltd) Uk, located at Howden, East Yorkshire, DN14 7UW.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks

irrelevant has found the best clue yet we have to finding the number for Ebuyer. The number given is probably a clue. Perhaps someone could try some 01430 4336xx numbers.
« Last Edit: Sep 23rd, 2008 at 7:47pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

jrawle
Supreme Member

Didcot, Oxfordshire
Reply #43 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 11:39am

While I don't like the use of a rip-off 087 number, it has to be remembered that eBuyer is primarily an online shop. They provide an online returns facility, and an eNotes system. I've certainly never had the need to contact them by phone.

There is now also a very busy discussion forum at http://forums.ebuyer.com/
As well as lots of other customers who can give advice, eBuyer staff and others with inside knowledge lurk there too. It's probably more useful than speaking to someone on the phone for many queries.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #44 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 11:42am

My opinion on the matter is that if ebuyer was primarily an online company - and therefore didn't want to field calls - they shouldn't be advertising their contact numbers everywhere.  The fact that they plainly advertise their 0872 number EVERYWHERE on the site means that they want you to call them, and they want to make the maximum money they can out of that fact.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge