Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
WHERE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT SAYNOTO0870.COM ?? (Read 275,829 times)
gdh82

Re: WHERE DID YOU HEAR ABOUT SAYNOTO0870.COM ??
Reply #30 - Oct 30th, 2005 at 9:14am

My brother made me aware of this site and he learnt of it from the Money Saving Expert site. 
Keep up the great work and Thank You!

There's more of us that them, stick together and challenge 0870/0845 etc etc

IP Logged

Alisonsvilla

NE
Reply #31 - Mar 8th, 2006 at 11:44pm

the dvd forums-another brilliant site.

IP Logged

west8ham

Reply #32 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 10:52pm

I was told of your site by an NTL telephone operative after I complained and complained about the cost of the many calls I had had to make to 0870 numbers.  I noticed that many heard of you via the Daily Mail - I have told many friends/family/acquaintances about the site and no-one had heard of it - they must all be Sun readers like me I'm afraid!!!  So maybe the Sun needs to publish something about it (if it hasn't already - although no harm in mentioning it again eh!).

IP Logged

sergeant121

Have you noticed how many
politicians are lawyers?

Reply #33 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 11:08pm

west8ham wrote on Apr 7th, 2006 at 10:52pm:
I noticed that many heard of you via the Daily Mail - I have told many friends/family/acquaintances about the site and no-one had heard of it - they must all be Sun readers like me I'm afraid!!!  So maybe the Sun needs to publish something about it (if it hasn't already - although no harm in mentioning it again eh!).

With the Sun being New Labour's tame mouthpiece to the masses and with Gordon and company being some of the worst abusers of 0870 numbers, there's not a lot of hope of that ever happening!
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2006 at 5:38pm by sergeant121 »  

How can you tell when a lawyer's lying?  His (or her) lips move.

IP Logged

west8ham

Reply #34 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 11:34pm

Well that told me eh!! Oh how we are controlled!!

IP Logged

sandhog

Reply #35 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 8:49pm

I heard about this seemingly very useful site on the Bank Action Group site.

That one came, believe it or not, from the betfair forum, where there is currently a massive thread about claiming back bank charges.

Strange how one thing leads to another! I joined this organisation yesterday and I've already arranged to change to a cheaper electricity supplier.

Being fairly hard-bitten and cynical, I'm keeping an eye out for pitfalls, but, so far, things have been very easy to do.

The bottom line, of course, will be the critical test! So far, so good.

regards,

Sandhog.

ps
   Can someone direct me to a good broadband provider?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #36 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 8:57pm

sandhog wrote on Apr 8th, 2006 at 8:49pm:
Can someone direct me to a good broadband provider?

I suggest you have a look at the forums on MoneySavingExpert, this site's sponsor.

Also take a look at ADSL Guide, ISP Review and Net4NowWink

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 10:57pm

I would say www.newnet.co.uk is one of the few that delivers a full speed broadband service and excellent customer service whilst still having some of the lowest prices.  I am currently with www.f2s.com but am about to move to NewNet after much research,

IP Logged

sandhog

Reply #38 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 11:23pm

Thank you both for your replies.

I'll look into it. It's great to get helpful leads.

regards,

Sandhog.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #39 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 12:10am

west8ham wrote on Apr 7th, 2006 at 10:52pm:
I was told of your site by an NTL telephone operative after I complained and complained about the cost of the many calls I had had to make to 0870 numbers.  I noticed that many heard of you via the Daily Mail - I have told many friends/family/acquaintances about the site and no-one had heard of it - they must all be Sun readers like me I'm afraid!!!  So maybe the Sun needs to publish something about it (if it hasn't already - although no harm in mentioning it again eh!).

I take it you mean, the cost of calling your banks and utilities etc from your NTL line, rather than NTLs customer service.

I used to have NTL freedom through a BT line, and had to call their call centre a few times to complain.  Luckily it was via a freephone number, rather than their preferred 0870 number which is just as well considering it took half an hour to answer the calls!!

But when it came to cancelling the service, they had blocked all non 0870 access, and an e-mail request to close my account was greeted with a request to call their 0870 number.  During my cancellation process, the salesman tried to stop me leaving, but I explained that as I'm paying for an 0870 call, I'd rather keep the cancellation process as short as possible!!

Thankfully I don't have to deal with NTL again, but there are still companies out there that despite this site, you can't get around calling their 0870 number.  At least with sales enquiries you can decide to take your business elsewhere, but if you're calling customer services with a complaint that you do need fixing, then it won't bother them if you give up after being on hold for half an hour!!

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 8:03am

Shiggaddi wrote on Apr 9th, 2006 at 12:10am:
Thankfully I don't have to deal with NTL again, but there are still companies out there that despite this site, you can't get around calling their 0870 number.  At least with sales enquiries you can decide to take your business elsewhere, but if you're calling customer services with a complaint that you do need fixing, then it won't bother them if you give up after being on hold for half an hour!!

A useful way to deal with the 0870 or 0871 only merchants like TopUpTv is to insist on paying by Direct Debit and then when you want to cancel the service just stopping the Direct Debit.  Strangely enough if I do that I find they then tend to call me to ask if I haven't made some terrible mistake.  I always have great pleasure in telling them I have not and I cancelled that way so as not to call their 10p per minute 0871 number customer service line.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #41 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 12:50pm

Quote:
I would say www.newnet.co.uk is one of the few that delivers a full speed broadband service and excellent customer service whilst still having some of the lowest prices.  I am currently with www.f2s.com but am about to move to NewNet after much research,

Quote:
A useful way to deal with the 0870 or 0871 only merchants like TopUpTv is to insist on paying by Direct Debit and then when you want to cancel the service just stopping the Direct Debit.  Strangely enough if I do that I find they then tend to call me to ask if I haven't made some terrible mistake.  I always have great pleasure in telling them I have not and I cancelled that way so as not to call their 10p per minute 0871 number customer service line.

Have you seen their phone numbers? NEWNET
Need Help/Information?
Sales: 08700 590 590
Support: 08700 599 599
E-mail: sales@newnet.co.u

~ Post tidied up by Dave
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2006 at 7:33pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 1:29pm

derrick wrote on Apr 9th, 2006 at 12:50pm:
Have you seen their phone numbers? NEWNET
Need Help/Information?
Sales: 08700 590 590
Support: 08700 599 599
E-mail: sales@newnet.co.uk

But the alternatives are listed in the database on this website:-

Tech Support:-     01329 226724
Sales:-                01329 226722

And I would defy you to list any ISP who does not have 0845 or 0870 quoted as their main contact number for tech support.

But what counts is if there is an alternative to the 0870 (as there is here) and if the tech support is answered quickly (which it is in Newnet's case) and if the staff have a brain (which they do in Newnet's case) are not in India (which they are not in Newnet's case) and are open all evening on Weekdays (as they are in NewNet's case).
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2006 at 1:30pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

sandhog

Reply #43 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 3:30pm

Interesting, NGM.

I did some checking last night, but must admit that I'm not au fait with the subject, so don't really know what I'm doing.

On the face of it, "Madasafish" seemed every bit as good, if not better, than NEW, but may I ask why your research led you to favour the one you mention?

I do spend hours online, but don't download much of anything really. Perhaps I don't need " the biggest and the best".

Anyway, any advice would be gratefully received, as I know as little about broadband as I do about building igloos!

regards,

Sandhog.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Apr 9th, 2006 at 4:13pm

sandhog wrote on Apr 9th, 2006 at 3:30pm:
I do spend hours online, but don't download much of anything really. Perhaps I don't need " the biggest and the best".

Anyway, any advice would be gratefully received, as I know as little about broadband as I do about building igloos!

regards,

Newnet is one of a handful of remaining providers that gives you full speed broadband at the speed you think you are paying for most of the time (Zen is another but charge the earth by comparison).

Most of the other major providers like AOL, Wanadoo, Plusnet, Tiscali especially go for the maximum 50:1 contention ratio they are allowed at peak times and their own backbone network is also hevaily overloaded so you might be getting 100k or 200k speed at 7pm in the evening even if you get 8MB at 3am.  With NewNet you get full speed and outstanding customer service.  Madasafish's headline price of £11.99 rises to £17.99 after 6 months.  Newnet remains at £12.99 for their 2Gb service permanently.  Or you could consider the Freedom2Surf product with 5Gb allowance for £14.99 or 20Gb for £19.99.  They also throw in free connection.

I suppose if you are a new customer you are going to be influenced by offers of free connection but don't forget that they lock you in for a year as a consequence to what, in the case of Tiscali especially, would be an utterly diabolical service you would want to escape as soon as you could!

I am at home 7 days a week and use web surfing and emailing many hours a day and I only average 2Gb or 3Gb a month.  I even watch 2 or 3 hours of video clips a month although no more than that.  If you were only at home in the evenings and at the weekend you would definitely be under the 2GB allowance.

NewNet are the kind of ISP who bend over backwards to be helpful.  Other ISPs either have sulky morons or handle your call in India!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge