Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
FOI response - Thames Valley Police (Read 43,621 times)
idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Re: FOI response - Thames Valley Police
Reply #15 - Sep 29th, 2005 at 9:17pm

I have now submitted a complaint to the Information Commissioner regarding TVP's failure to provide the requested information.

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - Oct 12th, 2005 at 9:50pm

I've just finished my letter to the IC concerning TVP and I'll post it tomorrow.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #17 - Jun 6th, 2007 at 3:19pm

idb wrote on Sep 29th, 2005 at 9:17pm:
I have now submitted a complaint to the Information Commissioner regarding TVP's failure to provide the requested information.

After twenty-one months, the IC has now responded with the following:

<<
Re: Freedom of Information Request – Thames Valley Police

Thank you for your recent email.

I have been in contact with the Police regarding this matter and have been informed that there is now a telephone number on its website that can be dialled by those unable to dial 0845 numbers.

This number is 01865 841148 and routes the call to the same system as the 0845 number. As I understand it, your grievance regarding these numbers stems from your inability to dial the 0845 number from outside the UK. It seems that the Police took your comments and concerns seriously and have responded by providing a telephone number for easy access.

I would be grateful if you would confirm whether this information satisfies your complaint.
>>

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
FOI success - Thames Valley Police
Reply #18 - Jun 6th, 2007 at 5:16pm

It may have taken an outrageous 21 months to get the number but there is a bonus - its sets a precedent which can be used to force (pardon the pun) other police forces to similarly divulge their underlying numbers.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Re: FOI success - Thames Valley Police
Reply #19 - Jun 9th, 2007 at 5:29pm

Heinz wrote on Jun 6th, 2007 at 5:16pm:
.... there is a bonus - its sets a precedent which can be used to force (pardon the pun) other police forces to similarly divulge their underlying numbers.
I totally agree.

However, this doesn't really have to apply to just police forces but other government departments as well.  The problem regarding surgeries is that it appears that in some cases the surgery themselves aren't aware of their underlying geographical number as NEC themselves will have done all this behind the scenes and it's not in NECs interest to inform surgeries of their real geographical number.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #20 - Jun 21st, 2007 at 8:11am

I wonder whether NGN's Ghost will use the above to ascertain the geographical equivalent(s) of Surrey Constabulary's 0845 numbers now?

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

moneysavin

Reply #21 - Jul 22nd, 2007 at 3:50am

Heinz wrote on Jun 21st, 2007 at 8:11am:
I wonder whether NGN's Ghost will use the above to ascertain the geographical equivalent(s) of Surrey Constabulary's 0845 numbers now?

In a recent Murder Enquiry which required people to phone in from India,Surrey Police were asking people to call a Freephone  000 800 number.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2007 at 3:54am by moneysavin »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge