Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32
Send Topic Print
Parliamentary update (Read 500,448 times)
idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Re: Parliamentary update
Reply #90 - May 19th, 2007 at 5:36pm

Order Book Part 1

Mark Lazarowicz (Edinburgh North and Leith):To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many telephone helplines are sponsored by his Department with the prefix (a) 0870 and (b) 0845; and whether alternative geographic numbers are available in each case.

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #91 - May 19th, 2007 at 5:39pm

Uncorrected Evidence 251

MINUTES OF EVIDENCE

TAKEN BEFORE

PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION SELECT COMMITTEE

PUBLIC SERVICES: PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST

Thursday 1 March 2007

Q67 David Heyes: It is the repetitive nature of the complaints that is so frustrating to us. There seems to be no learning taking place. We will resolve some ourselves, as MPs, and then ultimately they get referred on to the Ombudsman. The casework MP helpline facility is good but I do not get any sense that there is any kind of feedback for the organisation to learn from what takes place there, the admission of failing. You have talked in general terms about the need to make things better, to get more systematic. You have said you have improved procedures in place. I do not have any sense of what that is. What things have you been doing that are going to have a really dramatic impact on this still appalling figure of 90,000 you just mentioned?

Mr Gray: Could I give you two or three examples, and I can give you some more later if you want, of the sorts of things we have done, largely in response to complaints - and of course complaints are not the only feedback we are getting, but where complaints have played a significant part. We have now introduced a much simplified, two-page version of the tax credit award notice, reflecting a lot of the concerns we have been having. We have introduced a much shorter tax return for self-assessment taxpayers. We had a lot of complaints that everybody was getting the 40-page version, that this was unnecessary for large numbers of people and could we not think of a way of introducing something for people whose circumstances required self-assessment but were relatively straightforward. We introduced a two-page version which is now getting a 95 % positive rating in our research. We have introduced a simplified statement of account for self-assessment once an assessment has been made and, again, that has had a very welcome response. On telephone lines, for example, we do of course have quite a lot of people dealing with us phoning from overseas. Our standard phone lines, 0845 numbers, were not readily accessible to people calling us from overseas, so we have now introduced a dedicated phone line there. These are the sorts of things we have been doing.

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #92 - May 19th, 2007 at 5:40pm

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 09 May 2007 (pt 0013)

Departments: Telephone Services
David Taylor: To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions whether all customer helplines operated by his Department are freephone numbers. [132996]

Mrs. McGuire: No.

Most DWP helplines use 0845 numbers. The cost of contacting 0845 numbers varies dependant on the time the customer calls, the contract they have with their network provider, and whether calls are made from residential lines or mobile lines. BT advises that the most popular tariff used by residential lines is BT Customer Option 1 or 2. Under these schemes, the cost of peak time calls to 0845 numbers is 2.55 pence per minute.

Customers using mobile telephones are charged at their network provider's tariff for 0845 calls and may incur a charge even when dialling an 0800 number depending on the contract they have with their network provider.

If a customer indicates that they are concerned about the cost of a call, a call back will always be offered.

A breakdown for the Department's helplines and call rates are shown in the following table.

Helpline Call rate
Jobcentre Plus Jobseeker Direct
0845 Local rate

Jobcentre Plus Employer Direct
0845 Local rate

Jobcentre Plus First Contact (making a claim)
0845 Local rate. Currently an 0845 number but this is being replaced by an 0800 number. All First Contact, Contact Centres will have moved to the 0800 number by the end of May 2007.

National Benefit Fraud Hotline
0800 Free to landline callers.

Disability Careers Service Helpline
0845 Local rate.

Benefit Enquiry Line

Child Support Agency National Helpline
0845 Local rate.

The Pension Service
All the following services are provided by different 0845 local rate telephone lines: General enquiries Change of circumstances Claims for State Pension Pension forecasts Winter fuel queries Welsh Language Line

Pension Credit Application Line

International Pension Centre
0191 standard rate number for those who live, or have previously lived overseas.

Debt Management
Debt Management does not operate a "helpline" as such but access to debt centres is via an 0845 local rate number.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #93 - May 19th, 2007 at 5:43pm

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 10 May 2007 (pt 0014)

Hospitals: Telephones
Mr. MacShane: To ask the Secretary of State for Health (1) what payments her Department has made to Patientline; [135483]

(2) how many complaints she has received about Patientline. [135484]

Andy Burnham: The Department has not made any payments to Patientline. Contracts are agreed directly between the NHS trust and their chosen service provider. The service provider pays the costs of installation and managing the service and charges the patient directly, if they choose to use its services.

Since August 2005, some 182 members of the public have written to the Department about integrated bedside television and telephone services. The number of complaints this correspondence may contain is not identified separately.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #94 - May 19th, 2007 at 5:44pm

Order Book Part 1

Mr Denis MacShane (Rotherham):To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what recent meetings her Department has had with Patientline; what the outcomes were of those meetings; and if she will make a statement.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #95 - May 21st, 2007 at 6:22pm

I see my subscription to this thread is again not operating properly and I have had to look at the updates manually.

Do I detect the hand of Daniel at work here.  I can't think of any other explanation other than an alleged technical glitch with the forum database.

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #96 - May 22nd, 2007 at 12:23am

idb wrote on May 19th, 2007 at 5:40pm:
Under these schemes, the cost of peak time calls to 0845 numbers is 2.55 pence per minute.

That is the Ex VAT price.  The Inc VAT price is 3p per minute.

It is illegal to quote ex VAT prices for pricing designed for retail customers.

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #97 - May 22nd, 2007 at 12:26am

idb wrote on May 19th, 2007 at 5:40pm:
Helpline Call rate
Jobcentre Plus Jobseeker Direct
0845 Local rate

Jobcentre Plus Employer Direct
0845 Local rate

Still the lies contine even in answers to Parliamentary Questions.

Truly disgusting. Shocked Angry Cry

<div style=

IP Logged

bill

Reply #98 - May 22nd, 2007 at 10:11am

NGMsGhost wrote on May 21st, 2007 at 6:22pm:
I see my subscription to this thread is again not operating properly and I have had to look at the updates manually.

Do I detect the hand of Daniel at work here.  I can't think of any other explanation other than an alleged technical glitch with the forum database.

I think there must have been a technical glitch with the forum database.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #99 - May 22nd, 2007 at 10:21am

bill wrote on May 22nd, 2007 at 10:11am:
I think there must have been a technical glitch with the forum database.

What makes you say that Bill?

<div style=

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #100 - May 22nd, 2007 at 2:07pm

NGMsGhost wrote on May 21st, 2007 at 6:22pm:
Do I detect the hand of Daniel at work here.

What made you say that Jules?

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #101 - May 22nd, 2007 at 3:10pm

Heinz wrote on May 22nd, 2007 at 2:07pm:
What made you say that Jules?

The only man with the power and the possible motive to do this.

By the way I would be most grateful if you could stick to referring to me by my forum name, especially when you haven't yet even yet revealed your own real world identity in the forum Lips Sealed.

And by the way I never use Jules. Angry Smiley
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2007 at 3:13pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #102 - May 26th, 2007 at 3:31pm

Questions for Oral or Written Answer
beginning on Monday 4 June 2007
(the 'Questions Book')

Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire): To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, if he will list the agencies of his Department which advertise 0870 numbers as their contact numbers; and if he will make a statement.
(139845) 

Mr Owen Paterson (North Shropshire): To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what total revenue was raised by the use by agencies responsible to his Department of 0870 numbers in each year since 1997.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #103 - May 26th, 2007 at 3:33pm

House of Commons

Hansard Written Answers for 24 May 2007 (pt 0021)

Mark Lazarowicz: To ask the Secretary of State for Transport how many telephone helplines are sponsored by his Department with the prefix (a) 0870 and (b) 0845; and whether alternative geographic numbers are available in each case. [138489]

Gillian Merron: The requested details on 0870 and 0845 telephone helplines in the Department for Transport are as follows:

Number of 0845 and 0870 helplines
Services accessed from each
Whether alternative geographic numbers available

Department for Transport (Central)

DVLA
(1)17
Information services, automated self services, technical helpdesks, reporting unlicensed vehicles
No, apart from one general switchboard for public use

DSA
(1)4
All related to practical and theory driving test bookings
No

HA
(2)4
HA information line and central switchboard traffic England phone service and publications
Only the 0845 lines have corresponding 0121 numbers

MCA
(1)1
MCA Infoline
No

VGA

VOSA
(3)3
Public hotline, operator license credit card payment and national number
All also have geographical numbers available as contact numbers

GCDA

(1) All 0870.
(2) Two are 0845 and two are 0870.
(3) One is 0845 and two are 0870.

« Last Edit: May 26th, 2007 at 3:34pm by idb »  

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #104 - May 26th, 2007 at 3:34pm

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 24 May 2007 (pt 0013)

Mark Lazarowicz: To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer how many telephone helplines are sponsored by his Department with the prefix (a) 0870 and (b) 0845; and whether alternative geographic numbers are available in each case. [138486]

John Healey: The Treasury has no 0845 or 0870 telephone lines.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 32
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge