Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
AN Additional Solution (Read 17,496 times)
NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Re: AN Additional Solution
Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2005 at 12:47pm

So I hope you will all be making your suggestion about people not being charged until they speak to a call centre member of staff in your response to the Ofcom NTS consultations.  Also that they should not be charged whilst placed on hold for several minutes by a call centre operative to have a discussion with their manager.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2005 at 4:08pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

andy9
Supreme Member

Reply #16 - Nov 9th, 2005 at 1:35pm

I think that is expressed as a hope for the future, and would rely on different charging systems. Difficult to see what it has to do with FOI.

IP Logged

beginner

Reply #17 - Nov 9th, 2005 at 2:10pm

In my opinion, we should ditch discussions of only charging 'when an operator is reached' etc, because it just muddies the water (and will be open to further abuses no doubt).
The only way forward is to simply have a phone call being a phone call (like it used to be!), where it was clear what a call was costing.  Premium rates for 'added-value' calls should all be 09 - everything else at normal geographic rates, do away entirely with 0870/0845.

IP Logged

dorf
Supreme Member

I hate Qs on Premium NGNs

UK
Reply #18 - Nov 9th, 2005 at 4:38pm

I agree beginner,

Since now if you use the best value carrier you can expect to pay only 3 p for a 2 hour call at any time during the day, the time queuing on a Geographic number is now insignificant and not really a problem any longer.

In any case, in the original days of the telephone system you still had to pay by the minute if the person attending to your call went away to ask someone or to look for something to do with your conversation. Then you were paying whilst you waited, but now if you use the lowest cost providers on a Gepgraphic number you are not.

Ofcom are completely ineffectual

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge