Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
If 0870's are reduced to geographic rate... (Read 35,436 times)
NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Re: If 0870's are reduced to geographic rate...
Reply #15 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:42pm

Dave wrote on Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:37pm:
In a free market, providers can set their own prices of numbers, but 0845 and 0870 don't really allow for this. They stiffle competitive forces that should be driving down prices, hence the problem. What's more, they are used as a direct substitute for geographical numbers, which they clearly are not.

Dave,

Either this person has no brain or more likely they are a sales person for 084/7 number retailer.  And in my experience the latter species almost never have a brain and usually have no conscience either.

Still it shows these people are running scared of their cash cow being killed off if they feel the need to publish such pathetic defences of their deliberate confidence trickery in this forum.

NGM

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:49pm

bloggs wrote on Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:42pm:
Follow that logic then:

1) Allow terminating call providers (ie the suppliers of 08X numbers) to set their own tariff, which could then be moved up and down depending on market conditions.

2) At the same time end revenue share on such numbers.

Would this make you happy?

You now give yourself away as an industry person with the use of the industry jargon "terminating call providers" and "revenue share".

What you have just proposed was Ofcom's preferred Option 2 in their last consultation which was given a resounding rasperry by the vast majority of respondents including BT.  You are asking for so called "increased granularity" in the 084/7 pricing structure.

This won't work because the abusive BT and the abusive Ofcom have allowed the public to be mistrained for years that 084 and 087 are just ordinary local and national rate.  In fact that is point one in the staff mistraining manual that you and your 084/7 number misselling friends give to the dumb call centre staff to answer any complaint about the cost of 084/7 calls.

It is because the public don't realise they are paying a revenue share that these numbers that they must all be compulsorily moved to number starting 09 to alert the public to that fact that they are paying extra for these calls.  In addition there must also be compulsory call price announcements of the call cost per minute.

Perhaps you can now reveal who you work for and the purpose of your deliberate wind up in this forum? Angry

IP Logged

bloggs

Reply #17 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:53pm

Hello? If revenue share was banned on 08x, people wouldn't pay revenue share when they dialled such numbers.

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:12am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #18 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:56pm

bloggs wrote on Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:53pm:
If revenue share was banned on 08x, people wouldn't pay revenue share when they dialled such numbers.

Elementary!  Shocked

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 7:01pm

bloggs wrote on Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:53pm:
Hello? If revenue share was banned on 08x, people wouldn't pay revenue share when they dialled such numbers.

Correct so services like the one you want would in theory not be economically viablle and so would have to move to 09.  Also if I had my way 070 PNS would be abolished and forced to move to 09.

But due to the incompetence of Ofcom scam services like your one will simply move over to 0844 at 5p per minute at all times and any loss of revenue for the service provider in the week will be made up for by the tripling in cost for 0844 compared to 0870 at the weekend.  Ofcom incredibly plan to allow 0844 to carry on uncontrolled by ICSTIS even though it is a classic revenue share number.

Why do you persist in playing this game of making out you are a naive telecoms user when you in fact clearly know everything there is to know about how these numbers work.

IP Logged

bloggs

Reply #20 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 7:03pm

Dave wrote on Nov 22nd, 2005 at 6:56pm:
Elementary!  Shocked

I missed a point: If revenue share was banned, but TCP's were allowed to set their own rate, would you still complain?
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:11am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #21 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 7:16pm

TCPs set their own rate for whom? The caller or the called party (service provider)?

If it is the SP who is paying, then no, because the numbers can then be charged the same as geographical ones.

The point I am making to you is that your caller is paying for the NTS. There is no market force to drive that price down. The only force at work is that you can choose from many providers who offer different services (including different pay rates).

The caller must cough up, what is essentially a fixed rate, reguardless of their provider.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:08am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

bloggs

Reply #22 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 7:22pm

Surely, with revenue share confined only to 09x, 08 numbers would be a less thorny issue?
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:07am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 7:32pm

But Ofcom do not propose to confine it to 09 do they. Angry

Ofcom propose to allow the scamming to continue completely uncontrolled at up to 5p per minute (where your hypothetical re-routing service could clearly migrate) on 0844 and at up to 10p per minute where they know perfectly well the public will still imagine its national rate (coz 0871 sounds jus like 0870 mate dunnit!) even though it will be regulate by ICSTIS.

So now you suggest that even though there is to be no revenue share on 0870 to the person called under Ofcom's proposals the called telecoms service provider will still be able to get a rake off to let them run the service like on 070 numbers (so 084/7 numbers will then inevitably still go on costing consumers more to call).  Are you sure you don't work for Ofcom with a mind that works in such a variety of devious anti consumer ways as yours clearly does. Shocked
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:07am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #24 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 7:35pm

bloggs wrote on Nov 22nd, 2005 at 7:22pm:
Surely, with revenue share confined only to 09x, 08 numbers would be a less thorny issue?

Why exactly does a bank or insurance company need a revenue share? Why does it have carte blanche to charge me extra to call than calling a UK landline on a geographical number? Why is it cheaper to call companies abroad from the UK than it is to call UK companies from the UK?

The whole point of the National Telephone Numbering Plan was to have RS (premium) numbers prefixed 09.

084 was local and 087 was national rate, was it not? The regulator and the telecoms companies must have known full well that if prices of geographical calls was to fall (as it would do with competition), then there would be a problem with these numbers and the charging arrangements.

The excuse that revenue sharing is different to "premium rate" is just some rubbish drawn up by the regulator. Infact, the regulator regards 084/087 services as value-added services. I have yet to have one company admit to me that it receives revenue and thus provides a 'value-added' service to me.

IP Logged

bloggs

Reply #25 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 7:53pm

« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:06am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 8:06pm

You started off this thread by saying you didn't want revenue share banned from 084/7 because it would mean that you would have to pay for your calls to be rerouted.  Have you now changed your mind then? Undecided

Yes if revenue share was completely banned from 08 and 070 number ranges and all revenue share was only allowed on 09 with compulsory pence per minute price announcements, and with line subscribers having to request that 09 service on their line be activated, and with a PIN number being needed to make any 09 call, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

But I doubt all the people you currently con into calling your 0870 number by telling them it is national rate would be as easily conned about an 09 number with compulsory call price announcements and call access under the control of the line subscriber. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:06am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

bloggs

Reply #27 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 8:14pm

Surely it is possible to ban revenue share without reducing the rate to call the number. Most Ofcom responses I've read seem to upset about the fact that revenue is shared between the TCP and the Customer.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:05am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 8:32pm

So you admit that this is in fact Ofcom's underhanded stealth intention then?  Ban revenue share but not make the calls any cheaper so the bloated and fat telcos get even cheaper and the mobile phone ripoff to 084/7 gets even worse.  Since you seem to have read so many consultation responses and used the deliberate red herring of pretending that you had your own 0870 number for call redirection to start this dialogue can you now reveal who is your employer.

But to clarify I am totally opposed to 084/7 calls costing the caller any more than for a geographic call.  The fact that revenue share abolition is required as part of this is incidental.  The fact is that I want it made totally illegal by Ofcom for 084/7 calls to cost the caller any more than an 01/02 call at his phone providers's tariff (including mobile phone providers) for geographic numbers.  I don't give a damn about TCPs, Transit TCP or any of the rest of your disgusting telco industry scam talk.  All I care about is that 084/7 calls turn back into normal price calls.  Anyone who wants to charge the caller more than their geographic rate must use 09.

Also all the consultation responses I have read indicate that the respondents are very unhappy indeed about being charged more for 01/02 calls and that the revenue share business is not in fact their major concern.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:05am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

bloggs

Reply #29 - Nov 22nd, 2005 at 8:42pm

Whatever you may think, I do have my own 0870 number for PERSONAL USE.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005 at 12:04am by DaveM »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge