Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
DX Group (DX Secure/DX Mail/DX Courier etc) (Read 98,888 times)
defweb

DX Group (DX Secure/DX Mail/DX Courier etc)
Dec 6th, 2005 at 4:25pm

the number has changed so the information on the site index is now incorrect. grateful if anyone could assist in finding out new geographical number

old number: 0870 9501760
new number:0870 9501000

~ Thread title edited by Dave: Company has now changed its name from Special Mail Services to Secure Mail Services and is now part of DX.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2010 at 4:26pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

defweb

Re: Special Mail Services SMS
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 9:35am

0870 number has been updated on website as per above but geographical is still wrong! any help finding this out would be mush appreciated.

i believe they are located at

1 Kyoto Close
       Moulton Park
       Northampton
       Northants
       NN3 6FL
       GB
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2006 at 10:02am by defweb »  

IP Logged

bill

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 2:27pm

That postcode appears to refer to only one premise:

Horiba Instruments Ltd
Kyoto Close
Moulton Park Industrial Estate
NORTHAMPTON
NN3 6FL

BT.com shows:

Horiba Instruments
Kyoto Close
Moulton Pk Indust Estate
Northampton
NN3 6FL

(01604)  542500

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 9:28pm

UK Info confirms their address at that postcode, but offers a different number......0870 7741587

Northampton chamber of commerce http://www.northants-chamber.co.uk/member-profile.php?id=11036 offers a box address
Special Mail Services
PO Box 390
NORTHAMPTON
NN3 6YG
Found this on the SMS site.

* Why do Special Mail Services use an ‘0870’ telephone number?

‘0870’ numbers are in standard industry use and enable calls to be routed anywhere in the UK. We use an ‘0870’ telephone number to safeguard the anonymity of our geographical location to prevent and minimise opportunities for theft. Calls to this number are not charged at Premium Rate. For tariff charges please refer to your telephone service provider.

Having looked at their site, I would consider it naive to trust your passport and money to a company that refuses to give their address, nor even an administration address. Their contact page has no way offered to make contact. In fact the only time you see their number, is the 0870 on the booking page.

But perhaps you can make contact via the yank embassy

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/sms.html

Special Mail Services (SMS) is a private courier agency contracted by the U.S. Embassy London to provide courier services on behalf of the Consular Section. SMS has an office located in the Embassy. The Embassy cannot assume any responsibility for the efficiency, integrity or reliability of the SMS. The service provided is solely a matter between the customer and SMS.
Even though the yanks use them, they don't vouch for them. Interesting!

Read a full review of their service here. In fact there are 93 comments about their service
http://www.reviewcentre.com/review177964.html

The user friendly bit is
Average RatingsValue for money      1.8/10            
Overall value      1.8/10      
Recommended      16%
AND THIS IS FROM 93 COMMENTS!
http://forums.virtualfestivals.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t57547.html
Full of bad comments
BINGO!!
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=92202584fd905cd5b7acedcad26ea481&...

From a comment dated 15 June 2005
SPECIAL MAIL SERVICES LIMITED

Kyoto Close
Moulton Park
Northampton
NN3 6FL
Tel: 01604 782 882
Fax: 01604 782 888
CONFIRMED HERE  http://www.postwatch.co.uk/pdf/policydocs/Oct_2004_complaints_Code_of_Practice.p...

OR TRY THIS
http://www.identitycards.gov.uk/library/CompanyProfilesv1-1.pdf
Reading the right part gives
Switchboard number..........+44 (0) 1604 782881

So out of 2 sites, try numbers starting 01604 78288?
and go sequentialy

BEST OF LUCK
I'D AVOID THEM IF YOU CAN

EDIT
For the hell of it, I just tried ringing them. I've got voipstunt so it's free.
881 just rings, but then it is the switchboard, and it is 2140 on a saturday
882 has a recorded message, with yet another 0870 offering...........  0870 950 1000
888 just rings
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2006 at 9:45pm by a very nice man »  

Wooden balance bikes for only £35 + postage. www.easycyclers.co.uk
IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #4 - Apr 1st, 2006 at 9:58pm

All of that searching, and I didn't try the obvious.

Special Mail Services

Tel: 01604 642643

courtesy of BT.com and confirmed by 192.com the other obvious one

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #5 - Apr 2nd, 2006 at 9:35pm

A few months ago, my Dad applied for a new passport and SMS delivered it via their own postal system, and a note on the back of the envelope stating it has not been delivered by Royal Mail, and if it was wrongly delivered, don't put it back in the postbox, but ring their 0800 number and they'll collect it.

Unfortunately I didn't make note of the 0800 number before throwing the envelope away.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

cowbutt

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 10:13am

Shiggaddi wrote on Apr 2nd, 2006 at 9:35pm:
A few months ago, my Dad applied for a new passport and SMS delivered it via their own postal system, and a note on the back of the envelope stating it has not been delivered by Royal Mail, and if it was wrongly delivered, don't put it back in the postbox, but ring their 0800 number and they'll collect it.

Unfortunately I didn't make note of the 0800 number before throwing the envelope away.

That 0800 number is 0800 019 7847. As an aside, I successfully used one of the 01604 numbers to speak to a customer services rep; I got through to sales and politely asked to be transferred.

IP Logged

davehu

Re: Secure Mail Services SMS (Special Mail Service
Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2006 at 10:59am

I have had nothing but brilliant service from this company - unlike so many others they are reasonably fast at answering any queries and also get back to you when they do.  Their delivery service options are as acceptable as one would expect .  I have had lots of things delivered through SMS and each time they have done what they have said.  I thought it would be nice to put a good comment on a site like this rather than only ever seeing negativity.
Another number to try calling is 01604 782952, takes you into their automated system which is better than dealing with a real person

IP Logged

PurpleHaze

Low earth orbit
Reply #8 - Jul 28th, 2006 at 7:08pm

After two weeks waiting, I called SMS to try and find out what had happened to my passport:

Call Centre Drone: "We tried to deliver to you on the 28th, and again on the 1st"
Me: "Well, I was in all day on the 1st. No one rang the doorbell, and I didn't find any card downstairs"
CCD: "Oh, we don't leave cards in blocks of flats. Someone might find out we're trying to deliver"

It's only fitting I suppose that the Home Office should use such a perverseley kafkaesque company

Of course that will be no defence when you are hauled off to prison for failure to carry your mandatory identity card which is sitting in an SMS warehouse somewhere...

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #9 - Jul 29th, 2006 at 2:08pm

Another irony is the government own Royal Mail, yet alot of their departments are using rival carriers, and TV licencing has stopped using the post office, and send their letters out through UK Mail.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

DMJ

Reply #10 - Aug 10th, 2006 at 7:42pm

[quote author=davehu link=1133886347/0#7 date=1150797595]
Another number to try calling is 01604 782952, takes you into their automated system which is better than dealing with a real person [/quote]

I received a letter from Secure Mail Services to organise delivery of a letter from my bank, providing the 0870 number 0870 950 5730. (The company address is given as Secure Mail Services Limited, PO Box 390 Northampton NN3 6YG).

I tried the 01604 782 952 number suggested by davehu, which worked a treat. It is an automated voice-recognition line, designed for re-scheduling delivery appointments. But it worked fine for me - my voice is too deep for many voice recognition systems, and so it proved this time! Instead, I was put straight through to a very helpful operator, with whom I made the desired delivery appointment.

Dave

IP Logged

Sraha

Reply #11 - Nov 27th, 2006 at 11:41am

Another number to try is 0870 264 2806. Whilst it's still an 0870, I got through straight away, whereas I was on hold for aaages with the other number.

IP Logged

a very nice man
Supreme Member

England
Reply #12 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 12:04pm

Sraha wrote on Nov 27th, 2006 at 11:41am:
Another number to try is 0870 264 2806. Whilst it's still an 0870, I got through straight away, whereas I was on hold for aaages with the other number.

Sort of defeats the idea of this site, don't you think?

IP Logged

owenblacker

London, GB
Reply #13 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 2:48pm

DMJ wrote on Aug 10th, 2006 at 7:42pm:
I tried the 01604 782 952 number suggested by davehu, which worked a treat. It is an automated voice-recognition line, designed for re-scheduling delivery appointments. But it worked fine for me - my voice is too deep for many voice recognition systems, and so it proved this time! Instead, I was put straight through to a very helpful operator, with whom I made the desired delivery appointment.

I just tried that number and it worked perfectly. My only complaint is that I now have Swing Out Sister's "Break Out" going round my head, as that was the hold music. Time to dig out my headphones  Wink

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #14 - Feb 21st, 2007 at 4:25pm

0800 019 7847 (free from landlines) also works OK.  It is also in the database

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge