Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Yodel/Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL) (Read 571,978 times)
trimglafix

Re: Yodel/Home Delivery Network Ltd (HDNL)
Reply #90 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 10:06am

"Thanks for this. I've added the 0800 number to the top entry. I've also put the 0151s into the Other Information field of the entry with the head office switchboard."

Thank you for your prompt action & the welcome Dave. These numbers hould save people a lot of time.

"BTW, will they deal with calls about redelivery (and any other type of enquiry) on the switchboard number, 0151 290 8500?"

Not at the tiem I called. I only called it once, but I was going round in circles with the receptionist (as she called herself). She refused to put me through to anyone else (I asked many times to speak to her boss) or give me any number other than the 0871 number. She had clearly been told to make sure customers chasing parcels use only the 0871 number.

"I'm not sure of the point of this name change, clearly there is always money to be thrown at exercises like this. It has previously been known as Business Express and White Arrow, so it's had its fair share of name changes."

I beleive it is because Googling hdnl brings up more negative comments on the company than positive. This proves that complaining on the net does work. Well done all those who put the effort in.

"And the name "Yodel"; I thought Parcelnet changing its name to Hermes was bad!  Grin [/quote]"

Fully agree!

The technique I used to get the number(s) I required works with a lot of large companies. Just add or subtract 1 to a Geographic number you have for the company & listen to who answers. Do the same if you only have a geographic fax number.
I got lucky in getting the 0800 number; I got diverted to a mobile answer machine of somebody who anounced his name on the message. I then left a message using a confident tone & his first name only  (like a friend would). He then called me back from his mobile without withholding his number. Once I had this it was in his best interests to give me a suitable alternative to prevent me hassling him!

Keep up the excellent work. This site is invaluable.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #91 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 10:31am

kimbaroo wrote on Dec 9th, 2010 at 10:04am:
I came acrossthis thread today when I became completely exasperated with both Amazon and HDNL.  I waited in all day yesterday having seen on the tracking info for my order that it was out for delivery.  At 7pm it was inexplicably returned to the Hull depot.  I called HDNL main office who were very unhelpful and told me they didn't have contact details for the Hull depot and didn't know when my package would be delivered.  I called Amazon who spoke with Hull who said they'd bring it today or tomorrow.  I asked for it to be sent today as I will be out tomorrow.  This cannot be guaranteed apparently.  Last time I had to deal with HDNL I ended up driving from York to Hull to collect my package as I couldn't take time off to wait in all day, they refused to leave in our communal (but safe) hallway and would not redeliver to my work address.

I eventually found a number for the Hull depot - 01482352993.  The lady is spoke to sounded very fed up and said "I know I'm not being very helpful here but that is just how it is.  I can't tell you when it will be sent out".  Ridiculous!!!

I can verify that the above number is correct and will get you straight through to the Hull HDNL depot but in my experience this didn't get me very far.  Come on Amazon - fork out for a better delivery company!!

You stayed off work for it, but have you looked out of your window? Have you seen the conditions?

I believe we should be understanding as a result of the conditions. I would have thought that it was returned to the delivery office because it was the end of the driver's shift.

They can only be in one place at a time and with the weather in the area the Hull depot serves, it's understandable that deliveries are going to take longer. This will also create a back-log.

Whilst I sympathise with your response, I cannot see how this is down to the bad operation of the company.

Perhaps the best thing to do is request that it be delivered on the next day someone will be at home. If they try to deliver when no one's in, its wasted time for them as well, so it would suit both parties to attempt delivery at a time someone is going to be in.

I am also waiting for a parcel which was expected to be delivered on Tuesday by City Link. The depot is about 20 miles away and had it been closer I might have gone and collected it.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2010 at 2:46pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #92 - Dec 9th, 2010 at 11:24am

trimglafix wrote on Dec 9th, 2010 at 10:06am:
"BTW, will they deal with calls about redelivery (and any other type of enquiry) on the switchboard number, 0151 290 8500?"

Not at the tiem I called. I only called it once, but I was going round in circles with the receptionist (as she called herself). She refused to put me through to anyone else (I asked many times to speak to her boss) or give me any number other than the 0871 number. She had clearly been told to make sure customers chasing parcels use only the 0871 number.

Thanks for the feedback. I've made some changes to the entries.

0800 157 7777 is now at the top with a note in bold saying "Redelivery for all areas" followed by "Arrange redelivery online at www.myhdnl.co.uk". Where possible, I assume it's easiest to use the website (I write this having not used the website - I am making assumptions over its usefulness).

These companies are all computerised now anyway, which is why they like you to speak to a central call centre rather than individual depots. Allowing consignees to book redeliveries over the internet means that they interact with the system without needing an agent to do so, as is the case when you ring.

"I'm not sure of the point of this name change, clearly there is always money to be thrown at exercises like this. It has previously been known as Business Express and White Arrow, so it's had its fair share of name changes."

I beleive it is because Googling hdnl brings up more negative comments on the company than positive. This proves that complaining on the net does work. Well done all those who put the effort in.

It seems to me like the suits think they can buy their way out with a new "brand" name. How about improving the way your company works?

I'm sure that they would say that they're getting better; whether they are or not, I don't know.

This company has had several names over the years. But you don't have to change your name to improve your image. Look at how Škoda has transformed its image over the last couple of decades!

The technique I used to get the number(s) I required works with a lot of large companies. Just add or subtract 1 to a Geographic number you have for the company & listen to who answers. Do the same if you only have a geographic fax number.

Please help out where you can, advising us by posting in the forum (in the Requests section) about any numbers not working (say why, eg not recognised, always busy) or those that do work and are unverified. Similarly, sometimes companies change 08 numbers or get additional ones, so please let us know so these can be added. I respond quickly to messages posted on the forum about this.

If you find new alternatives not listed, then post those as well. This site works through user input; telling us of updates, additions and numbers that need removing.

IP Logged

Nanook

Reply #93 - Dec 10th, 2010 at 11:27am

The HDNL number 0151 290 8500 is a telephone receptionist for suppliers not customers. Saying this He/She IS able to re-direct your call to the CUSTOMER SERVICES , they will of course try and make you call the 08 numbers but stand your ground. They have the facility to NOT force you on to the 08 network.

I do have to say that even though I did get through to the CUSTOMER SERVICES team, and manager. Circles and cirles. Nothing has been achieved and they speak to you as though you are an idiot. I feel for them, they are not given any resources to resolve any issues, just take the gumph we dish out at them. The issues are COMPLETELY LITTLEWOODS directors who own HDNL.

You may have to beg for your money back as well. Enter a chain of correspondence, that will only ever be flashed in front of someone eyes eventually.   Only to be told, that as the moon was not in the right place, or the sun was behind a cloud, They DON'T give refunds. lol

IP Logged

BarGin

Reply #94 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:43pm

Would anybody on here be able to help me with the address for the Hayes, Middlesex branch of Yodel please?

IP Logged

Sh0rtS1ght

Falkirk (Near Edinburgh)
Reply #95 - Jul 3rd, 2012 at 10:59pm

Hey guys i a newbie on the forum here but i have used the site quite a lot, i was wondering is there a useful number for the Edinburgh depot that might work?? I tried number on the website but i am getting nowhere

Thanks

Sh0rty

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #96 - Jul 5th, 2012 at 7:37pm

Sh0rtS1ght wrote on Jul 3rd, 2012 at 10:59pm:
Hey guys i a newbie on the forum here but i have used the site quite a lot, i was wondering is there a useful number for the Edinburgh depot that might work?? I tried number on the website but i am getting nowhere

Thanks

Sh0rty

Hello and welcome to SayNoTo0870.com.

There are two entries in the database that appear to relate to this particular depot:

• Verified:

• Yodel       0871 244 0525             0131 333 3651             Edinburgh depot

• Unverified:

• Home Delivery Network       0871 977 0800             0131 333 5383             Edinburgh Depot Address: HDNL Edinburgh. Unit 8A, Newbridge Industrial Estate, EH28 8LD

• Yodel             0844 248 0555       0131 344 2162             For Tracking Numbers starting with JD

Please can you indicate which it is that you tried unsuccessfully and in what way you got nowhere? Was there no answer etc? This will help us to amend the listings and prevent others from going along the same road that you went along.

IP Logged

DMAC

Reply #97 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 11:35am

Just to let you know I tried the number for the Edinburgh office of yodel 0131 334 2162, and this works.

IP Logged

DMAC

Reply #98 - Sep 13th, 2012 at 11:36am

BTW this is the office at 23 South Gyle Crescent, not the one at Newbridge.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #99 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 6:12pm

DMAC wrote on Sep 13th, 2012 at 11:35am:
Just to let you know I tried the number for the Edinburgh office of yodel 0131 334 2162, and this works.

Hello and welcome to SayNoTo0870.com.

Thanks for posting this; I've added an entry to the database for this with its address.

I've also renamed the Newbridge branch (0131 333 3651) as such.

IP Logged

kasg

West Sussex
Reply #100 - Sep 14th, 2012 at 8:21pm

Just checking, there are two numbers mentioned in this thread:

0131 334 2162
0131 344 2162

Both are in the database, one verified, one unverified. Which one is correct?

IP Logged

trampyjoe

Reply #101 - Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:43am

Here's the address and phone number for the Northampton Depot (Service Center) -

11 Kilvey Road, Brackmills Industial Estate, Northampton, NN4 7BQ tel 01604 766423

I called them yesterday so i know the number works Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:43am by trampyjoe »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #102 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 11:55am

trampyjoe wrote on Sep 15th, 2012 at 8:43am:
Here's the address and phone number for the Northampton Depot (Service Center) -

11 Kilvey Road, Brackmills Industial Estate, Northampton, NN4 7BQ tel 01604 766423

I called them yesterday so i know the number works Smiley

Thanks. I have listed this.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #103 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 8:52pm

kasg wrote on Sep 14th, 2012 at 8:21pm:
Just checking, there are two numbers mentioned in this thread:

0131 334 2162
0131 344 2162

Both are in the database, one verified, one unverified. Which one is correct?

Thanks for pointing this out.

DMAC, above, gave the number as 0131 334 2162 which now rings once and trips to a message "The service you have requested is not available. Goodbye and thank you for calling." The female voice is the voiceover used by a PBX...

I have therefore removed the entry until such a time as we find a working one.

I have gone through the entries for Yodel and removed some that no longer work:
  • Wrexham
    01978 291559 - network redirection message to 0871 244 0525

• Blackburn - Daveyfield Rd, Roman Road Ind Est, Blackburn, BB1 2LY
    01254 57243 - network redirection message to 0871 244 0525

• Aberdeen - Greenbank Pl, East Tullos Ind Est, Aberdeen, AB12 3BT
    01224 249299 - not recognised

• Yate - Beeches Trading Est, Waverly Rd, Yate, BS37 5QZ
    01454 273125 - not recognised
    01454 316101 - not recognised

• Newhaven - Beach Close, Beach Road Ind Est, Newhaven, BN9 0BY
    01273 516181 - network redirection message to 0871 244 0525
    01273 517866 - not recognised

• Newbridge - Unit 8a, Newbridge Industrial Estate, Newbridge, EH28 8LD
    0131 333 3651 - not recognised
    0131 333 5383 (unverified) - not recognised

• Glenrothes - 9-10 Faraday Rd, Southfields Ind Est, Glenrothes, KY6 2RU
    01592 771950 - network redirection message to 01738 474000
    01592 770105 - not recognised
    01592 773511 - not recognised

• Woodford Green - 404 Roding Ln Sth, Woodford Green, IG8 8EY
    020 8551 4468 - not recognised
    020 8550 9611 - not recognised

• Oban - Lochavullin Rd, Torran Gorm Ind Est, Oban, PA34 4PL
    01631 570664 - not recognised

• Carlisle - Site 24 - Unit 11, Brunthill Rd, Kingstown Ind Est, Carlisle, CA3 0EH
    01228 515149 - not recognised
    01228 514412 - not recognised

• Sunderland - Commercial Rd, Hendon, Sunderland, SR2 8QS
    0191 565 3025 - not recognised

All were verified except where stated. Maybe they have closed and been replaced by an adjacent depot.

IP Logged

rafi2

Reply #104 - Dec 20th, 2013 at 10:49am

I am trying to contact the Edinburgh depot as a they tried to deliver a parcel yesterday, but I was out. As suggested on their website I tried to track the parcel at   myyodel.co.uk.
According to the boxes they had ticked my parcel was -
       ......   Awaiting collection
and  ......   in transit
and  ......   at the delivery service centre awaiting collection  (!)
So exactly where is the parcel ?

I have tried all the numbers given for Edinburgh Newbridge but they all either say "service requested is not available" or "Not recognised". 
UndecidedThey would appear to be 'not contactable'.  So at a standstill.
My parcel is supposed to be delivered now on Saturday but anytime between 7am and pm, so do I have to stay in all day.
They now say on the website they can leave the parcel with a neighbour who has to sign for it, but why could they not have done that yesterday.  We all take in parcels for each other here. Undecided
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2013 at 11:06am by rafi2 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge