Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
NTL jump on the band wagon ! (Read 43,892 times)
IAVOID0870

South East
NTL jump on the band wagon !
Mar 9th, 2006 at 2:08pm

Hiya,

Angry I got my bill from NTL this morning and they are very proudly announcing they are changing their numbers from 8th May 2006:   Angry
I Quote:

From 8th May we will be removing our 0800 052 2000  Cry customer service number and our broadband technical support helpline numbers 0845 650 0121, 0845 650 0125 & 0845 6500925 and replacing them with new numbers.

So from 8th May the numbers you will need to remember are: 0845 454 0000* for all customer service calls and 0871 225 1111* for all broadband technical issues.

*calls cost no more than 5p per minute for 0845 numbers and 10p per minute for 0871 numbers from NTL landlines. All chargeable calls are sunject to a 6p connection charge.
calls from non-ntl lines may vary.

WHAT A SURPRISE  Roll Eyes  only a matter of time I surpose.

IP Logged

bill

Re: NTL jump on the band wagon !
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2006 at 3:18pm

IAVOID0870 wrote on Mar 9th, 2006 at 2:08pm:
.... only a matter of time I surpose.

And, if your place has had a BT line in the past, that time is now - go back to BT for nothing so you've got some choice.
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2006 at 3:18pm by bill »  

IP Logged

JoePublic
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2006 at 4:10pm

As well as NThell it applies to Teleworst.

See NTL/TW statement here on Cable Forum.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/244/ntl-to-end-free-calls-to-customer-servic...
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2006 at 4:13pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

crabtree

Wigan
NTL axing free phone support
Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2006 at 10:57pm

IP Logged

Alternative

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2006 at 10:48pm

All is not lost!  I am an NTL user and I certainly don't intend to use these premium rate numbers to ring them giving a middleman a profit as well as NTL a kick-back each time I call.  All we need do is to find the geographical numbers for their various offices and once you dial into any particular office, your're then 'in the system', and I feel sure that receptionists & secretaries will transfer as appropriate.

Alternative (to NGN's!)
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2006 at 2:01am by Alternative »  

IP Logged

MEMBER02

NTL CS TO CHANGE FROM 0800 TO 0845
Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 1:33am

Just been notified that ntl are to change their cs number from 0800 to 0845,also the broadband/dial up internet helpline is getting its own number yes its 0871(used to be able to connect via cs free line)so thats now average 4p a minute+6p connection fee to sort any problems out via ntl,this is what i call a disgrace.

IP Logged

Alternative

Re: NTL CS TO CHANGE FROM 0800 TO 0845
Reply #6 - Apr 7th, 2006 at 5:25pm

No, there's no one off connection fee - It's a flat 9/10p per minute.  So therefore a 10 minute technical call is likely to cost you £2:00.  Ten minutes to wait on hold thereby costing around £1 and then another £1 for the cost of the 10 minutes actually held in conversation with a technical reperesentative.  Not good!!
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2006 at 5:27pm by Alternative »  

IP Logged

nanstallon

Falmouth
Reply #7 - Apr 30th, 2006 at 6:28pm

This is par for the course for ntl.  I sacked them for lousy service, and eight months later they demanded the monthly payment over the past eight months.  They went on to threaten a personal visit and I have stood firm.  I wouldn't have anything to do with them.

John

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2006 at 12:43pm

I cancelled my NTL freedom service back in March.

They then helped themselves to another months subscription in April, and I was able to call them on the 0800 number to complain.

I was half expecting them to say they have no record of my cancellation, but instead they said it was a fault on their system, and promised a refund.

Guess what?  2 week later, and the amount has still not been refunded to my credit card.  Hardely surprising considering the poor service I had that made me cancel in the first place.

Looks like another e-mail to the director is in order, as he was very quick at sorting out my problems in the past.

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

jimbo2005

Reply #9 - May 16th, 2006 at 7:13pm

So does anyone know the goegraphic equivalent to 0871 225 1111?  It should be in swansea so are there any NTL numbers which are 01792?  Thanks.

IP Logged

raym

NTL now using 0845 & 0871 numbers
Reply #10 - May 27th, 2006 at 10:49pm

I am surprised no one has complained yet that NTL are removing their 0800 052 2000 customer service number and replacing it with an 0845 No. Also their Technical support line has gone from an 0845 to an 0871 No.

So now you can call any land line in the country free using their all inclusive package, but if you need to contact them for any reason, you have to pay for the privilege.   

If anyone can tell me that is not one enormous wrip off on their own customers I do not know what is.  Even worse there is no simple method of emailing them with a query or complaint on their Web site.

It is time that OFTEL stopped this money making scheme and insisted that all when 0845 No's and 0870 No's were given out, they were accompanied by an alternative Geographical Number.

IP Logged

Shiggaddi

Saltash, Cornwall
Re: NTL now using 0845 & 0871 numbers
Reply #11 - May 28th, 2006 at 11:58am

People have complained to NTL, and I even complained on the phone to someone high up in NTL, who I had a direct number to.

There is another thread running on the subject, and if you want to complain and make your voice known, the direct line I have is someone called Vicky on 0161 296 2516, who is very rude and won't appreciate the complaint about the rip off numbers, and will even tell you that the calls are National rate, and as a business they have a right to use those numbers.

However, complaining to normal customer service won't get anywhere.  Even after telling her that National rate is misleading, she wouldn't listen, and just used the excuse that every other company uses these numbers, and of course they haven't changed their description on the website.  I can see a complaint to trading standards coming on here!!

I realy hait itt wen peeple canot spel proply. Itt getts onn mye nervs sew mutch annd streses mee owt. Knot onley iz itt vary bade speling butt allso bade gramer.

IP Logged

IAVOID0870

South East
Reply #12 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 2:05pm

Huh  Sad I think NTL are still trying it on........

If you call 0800 052 2000 which still works at the moment, they advise the following:

Our numbers have changed, in future please call 08** then,

"calls from a BT land line cost X amount - but calls from a NON bt land line may vary"

Are they having a laugh or what ?

To me that means as I have all 3 supplied services (TV/Phone/Net) by NTL they can rip me off to call them as I have a NON bt land line, but one of their land lines.

Answer = TOP WHACK costs to call my own provider on their supplied land line.

GRRRR  Angry   Angry   Undecided

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #13 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 5:55pm

IAVOID0870 wrote on Jun 6th, 2006 at 2:05pm:
Our numbers have changed, in future please call 08** then,

"calls from a BT land line cost X amount - but calls from a NON bt land line may vary"

Are they having a laugh or what ?
They are actually following ASA (Advertising Standards Authority) guidelines then.  They have to do this because different teleco's charge different amounts and generally BT are the cheapest simply due to how these numbers operate/work.  I'm not sure of NTL's cost but I assume its a penny or so more.

I do agree with you though that NTL should say how much it costs for their own customers but doing this would then highlight they charge more than BT which isn't good company practice for any company never mind NTL.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2006 at 5:57pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

Smasher

UK
Reply #14 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 7:43pm

I have a friend in Swansea who had a bad time with NTL but phoned BT who sent an engineer to reinstate the severed BT line into his house for free, and he's now happy and satisfied as he's a BT customer.  I've also kicked him in the direction of Primus as that plan suits him best. 

If NTL are going to act like that then as I say, screw them.  BT are happy to install a line free if there is competition  Grin Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge