Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
The Utility Warehouse Discount club (Telecomplus) (Read 109,816 times)
Barbara
Supreme Member

Re: The Utility Warehouse Discount club (Telecompl
Reply #15 - Nov 27th, 2006 at 10:29am

PS to above.   Have just spoken to my agent whose response was: "Excellent, the more peaple who complain the better, we have already done so.   If you have any problems in the meantime, contact me & I will raise them for you".   I pointed out that I had found an alternative number on this site.   Thought it might be an idea if everyone who reads this & is a member of UWDC contacts their agent as well to get them to complain.   Long shot but it might have some influence.   

Also, what is Orange broadband like?   Our son took out a contract phone (it is the only network that works at all where we live) and was offered free Orange broadband which he cannot use in his student accomm as he has no phone line & we didn't take up as we have UWDC!

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Re: The Utility Warehouse Discount club
Reply #16 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 10:23pm

Heinz wrote on Nov 26th, 2006 at 12:34pm:
4PetesSake wrote on Nov 25th, 2006 at 10:09pm:
If you want cheap phone calls and you have a BT phone line you can use call providers such as 1899 or 18185 or if you make over 125 calls a month, then sign up to Skytalk at £500 per month for unlimited calls.

Peter, missing decimal point typo there - I'm sure you meant £5.00 per month!

My sincere apologies to Sky,  HuhI did indeed miss out the decimal point. Roll Eyes It is of course £5.00 per month and it is the deal that we are currently using for our phone calls. Smiley

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #17 - Nov 28th, 2006 at 11:04pm

Barbara wrote on Nov 27th, 2006 at 10:15am:
Oh my goodness!!   I have been with UWDC for over 18 months & had generally been very pleased with the service, I had found the broadband trouble free (in contrast to the problems experienced with broadband by most people I know who use other servers - I have the unlimited download officially at 256k but which automatically loads at 1mg which is fine for me).   As I have always concentrated on checking the bills, I hadn't noticed the change in the customer service number.   Needless to say, I have now fired off a very angry email to them and will pass my comments to my agent, who as the person whom we have dealt with for all our computer needs for nearly nine years as his son was a friend of our son, may just take some notice.   I did notice that their new package was rubbish.  

Now I also need advice.   As I may well now seek an alternative provider, does anyone know a good broadband service with unlimited download (we don't have cable or satellite, I know AOL and Tiscali are rubbish - the latter charging extra to a relative for what should be unlimited download!) at a reasonable price (currently pay £15.95 per month), together with a good inclusive call package (24/7 as I do most calls during the day and we pay line rental to UWDC as well).   I don't want to be bothered with extra boxes or dialling codes before numbers, I did try OneTel but they were awful.   Ideally I want UK call centres (which UWDC did have last time I called them).   I also use UWDC for electricity (we have no gas and when we changed to them it was the first time we had ever changed), can't remember who we were with previously but they were really rubbish, they were seriously criticised on Look East recently & when we changed I had to report them to the regulator who confirmed their poor reputation.

Any help gratefully received & thanks for alerting members to this issue.

You could try UK Online for your Broadband, 1Mb speed, and unlimited download for £9.99 a month. I have just had a look at their website at http://www.ukonline.net/broadband/upto1Mb.php?sso_auth=0 you also have to buy you own modem for £29.99.
On the MSE site Primus Broadband with free evening and weekend calls and  is also recommended but their pricing structure is a bit complicated.
My brother has the 1Mb Broadband at £12.99 with Tiscali and has had no problems at all. He has unlimited downloads and free weekend calls and uses 1899 for his other calls.
Me personally I have NTL at half their stated price because I keep threatening to leave and go to Sky, but I can't do that yet as our exchange does not yet have LLU.

For a great deal on just Electricity, check out Ebico. You will find their tariffs at  http://www.ebico.co.uk/en/open/pages/powertariffsen.php
Compare their prices to UWDC and you will be signing up straight away.
Hope this helps.

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #18 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 12:37pm

I have just recived the following response quote" I apologise that you are unhappy with the changes we have made, however going forward [word missing here I think] these changes allows us flexibility with regards to expansion, better services and savings for our customers."   

You may imaging the furious response I have sent to that!  I said I would post their response here & have been asked not to give the name of the person sending the reply "under the data protection"!!!!   I have demanded a personal response to my emails from the Chairman/MD - don't expect I will get it as these people really don't care about individual customers.   I did point out that my daughter & husband have already ditched them (they were thinking of using TalkTalk so probably even worse move!) so I would expect their customer base would drop.   Also asked how charging me for a hitherto free service would save me money!!! 

Will post any response I get.   Am still interested in advice on an alternative telephone/broadband provider, just one system no predial codes and 24/7 inclusive call package (we have no cable, poor phone lines - we live in the country about 50 miles from London so what should we expect?!)

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #19 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 2:36pm

Have just noticed, while browsing both UWDC & Telecom plus websites that they now mention someone called Ant(h)ony Metters (can't remember if he had an 'h' or not).   He also seems to be based on Cheshire and gives an 0800 no & a mobile for new customers whereas existing are expected to ring 0871.  I do not remember his name on any previous occasion I ahve visited the website, all the previous senior staff seem to have disappeared and I wonder if there has been some kind of takeover.   As the offices have always been based in London & he is in CHeshire, I now wonder if they have also out sourced customer services abroad (without saying, of course).  Just thought I would update everyone one this.   I did also send an irate email to said Mr Metters demanding immediate reinstatement of geo no for customer services.

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #20 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 3:55pm

Barbara wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 12:37pm:
Am still interested in advice on an alternative telephone/broadband provider, just one system no predial codes and 24/7 inclusive call package (we have no cable, poor phone lines - we live in the country about 50 miles from London so what should we expect?!)

I live in a village too (broadband only arrived here in November 2004) and, for my landline and broadband, I took the decision to use the company most likely to provide a decent service for the 2000 or so possible customers in the area. 

My exchange is clearly still of no interest to other companies because not one of the eleven has yet installed its LLU equipment!

Many people are surprised when I tell them I have a BT landline and BT broadband but, as I only use them as my line/ADSL provideres but make only the 6 calls via them every quarter required to get free Caller Display (i.e. all my other calls go out either totally free via my CPS provider or cheaper than BT via 18185), my unbroken service and low bills tell me I'm right.

Yes, I have to program by DECT phones with the prefix for daytime calls and remember to dial it for 0845, 0870 and mobile calls - but that's no real effort when the carrot of not paying high (some would say rip-off) charges is dangled.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:56pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Anti-0870

Reply #21 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:14pm

I have just recived the following response quote" I apologise that you are unhappy with the changes we have made, however going forward [word missing here I think] these changes allows us flexibility with regards to expansion, better services and savings for our customers."  

You may imaging the furious response I have sent to that!  I said I would post their response here & have been asked not to give the name of the person sending the reply "under the data protection"!!!!   I have demanded a personal response to my emails from the Chairman/MD - don't expect I will get it as these people really don't care about individual customers.   I did point out that my daughter & husband have already ditched them (they were thinking of using TalkTalk so probably even worse move!) so I would expect their customer base would drop.   Also asked how charging me for a hitherto free service would save me money!!!  

I did say that UW Club had very poor customer service. I would not recommend talk talk, you will be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I would go to adsl guide for infomation on broadband, you don't have to register to post here, in the which ISP forum. http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=which_isp&page=0&view=collap...

And you could have a look here at reviews of all the main ISP's http://www.ispreview.co.uk/review/censura.php?csid=6416753b1343fa08560657cd6993a...

This ISP does calls and broadband but they are not cheap http://www.beaming.biz/

TBH unless you are making 60 or 70 calls a week it would be cheaper to just use a prefix like the 18185.com and have your broadband on it's own. Smiley

Edit, adsl guide have changed there name today, it's now called ThinkBroadband.com.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2006 at 12:26pm by Anti-0870 »  

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #22 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 8:06pm

UWDC should be renamed UWPC (Utility Warehouse Premium Club)

A friend of mine had UWPC's gas and electricity and then realised that she would save 26% by switching to EBICO. The switch has just gone through. She had received a letter on 8/11/06 asking her to call 0208 9555095 to give her final meter reading, but this number has now been discontinued. She rang their Premium 10p per minute 0871 number and was given a wait time of 6 minutes. After 20 minutes in the queue at a cost of £2.00 she gave up. Shocked Angry Cry

She later gave the readings to EBICO using an 0800 number, the very helpful person  in their customer services advised her that they would give the readings to UWPC. Now that is customer service. Cheesy

UWPC make a lot of their Triple value guarantee, but this only guarantees that their prices will be less than the STANDARD PRICES OF THE BIG 6 SUPPLIERS They do not compare their prices against the tariffs of the smaller companies  or the on-line tariffs of the Big 6 which are all far far cheaper.

In this age of "Deregulation", No-one should still have to be paying such extortionate energy prices, dealing with such poor customer services or paying such premium rates to do so. Sad

Even registered UWPC distributors have to phone UWPC's premium number to talk to them, Cry this is outrageous. I can see both customers and distributors leaving UWPC in their thousands.

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #23 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 8:10pm

Am still interested in advice on an alternative telephone/broadband provider, just one system no predial codes and 24/7 inclusive call package (we have no cable, poor phone lines - we live in the country about 50 miles from London so what should we expect?!)

Barbara

See my earlier post #17 on 28th November.

IP Logged

buzbee

Reply #24 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 11:44pm

Barbara wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 2:36pm:
Have just noticed, while browsing both UWDC & Telecom plus websites that they now mention someone called Ant(h)ony Metters (can't remember if he had an 'h' or not).   He also seems to be based on Cheshire and gives an 0800 no & a mobile for new customers whereas existing are expected to ring 0871.  I do not remember his name on any previous occasion I ahve visited the website, all the previous senior staff seem to have disappeared and I wonder if there has been some kind of takeover.   As the offices have always been based in London & he is in CHeshire, I now wonder if they have also out sourced customer services abroad (without saying, of course).  Just thought I would update everyone one this.   I did also send an irate email to said Mr Metters demanding immediate reinstatement of geo no for customer services.

Your probaly find that he is just a distributor. Wink They all have the same page,s as the main company but with  their personal contact numbers on.

Details of the main board members  can be found here:

https://www.telecomplus.co.uk/store/board.taf?exref=

Ravi Khanna is the Customer Services Director. So you could try rkhanna@telecomplus.co.uk or perhaps ravikhanna@
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2006 at 11:50pm by buzbee »  

IP Logged

acezing

Reply #25 - Nov 30th, 2006 at 11:59pm

Anti-0870 wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:14pm:
TBH unless you are making 60 or 70 calls a day it would be cheaper to just use a prefix like the 18185.com and have your broadband on it's own. Smiley

Do you mean a Day ?

I quote the Money Saving Expert here.

" If you make more than 6 calls during weekdays Euphony's eutalk18+ works out cheaper - but only if you sign up to an 18 month contract.  It costs £1 for the first 6 months and £5.99 thereafter, making it an average of £4.33 over the 18 months.  The package also includes free calls to 28 countries at all times, yet even if you don't need these it's still the cheapest. "
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2006 at 12:04am by acezing »  

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #26 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 9:58am

Anti-0870 wrote on Nov 30th, 2006 at 7:14pm:
TBH unless you are making 60 or 70 calls a day it would be cheaper to just use a prefix like the 18185.com and have your broadband on it's own. Smiley

1899 and 18185 are great, providing you are not making over 125 calls per month (about 4 a day). If you are making more than this and you are a Sky Customer then register for their Skytalk which gives unlimited Geo calls for just £5.00 a month with no minimum contract period. Sky CPS your pone line, however you can still use 1899/18185 for cheaper mobile/international call without any problems.

Euphony's eutalk 18+ also sounds good but I don't like the thought of having to sign up for an 18 month contract.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2006 at 9:59am by 4PetesSake »  

IP Logged

Anti-0870

Reply #27 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 12:24pm

Not everybody will have sky and I would not use sky talk, because sky have poor customer service and I will never use any of there other service again. It's because I had a lot of problem's with sky a few months ago, Sky are useless.

This Euphony's eutalk  you are on about, I would not touch that because I don't  like being tied into a contract, especially 18 months. It might be ok for some but not me, why would I pay even 5 pounds a month when I don't even spend that. 18185.com is very cheap for me, at 4p per call all day to geographical numbers and as I don't call so many rip-off 0870 and 0871 numbers, my phone bill's are even cheaper now, thanks to saynoto0870.com. Smiley

IP Logged

Barbara
Supreme Member

Reply #28 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 1:49pm

I have just received an email reply from Ravi Khanna, customer services director, which, of course, does not really address the issues.  I would like to post this here but am not sure how.  Last time this happened (in another thread) someone with more tech knowledge than me let me forward the email to them & they then posted it - is there anyone prepared to this for me this time?   Thank you.

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #29 - Dec 1st, 2006 at 1:53pm

Barbara wrote on Dec 1st, 2006 at 1:49pm:
I have just received an email reply from Ravi Khanna, customer services director, which, of course, does not really address the issues.  I would like to post this here but am not sure how.  Last time this happened (in another thread) someone with more tech knowledge than me let me forward the email to them & they then posted it - is there anyone prepared to this for me this time?   Thank you.

Highlight the e-mail copy it and then past it in here. (Use the right click on the mouse)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge