Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
The Utility Warehouse Discount club (Telecomplus) (Read 109,927 times)
4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Re: The Utility Warehouse Discount club (Telecompl
Reply #45 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 11:18am

Now that UW HQ have 0871 numbers their distributors with 0800 numbers are going to be getting lots of calls, which in view of the prices above are going to prove very costly to them personally, but will put even more money into the bank for UW.

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #46 - Dec 8th, 2006 at 9:23pm

This guy appears to be fairly big in UW:

Robin Brooks
0800 074 8489
0800 781 6666
07957 855190

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #47 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 12:08am

allegro wrote on Dec 8th, 2006 at 9:23pm:
This guy appears to be fairly big in UW:

Robin Brooks
0800 074 8489
0800 781 6666
07957 855190

In all honesty Robin is just another distributor of the Telecomplus/Utility Warehouse (Premium) Club. His freephone numbers will only get you in touch with him or one of his downline. They will not get you in touch with Customer Services. The only way to do that is via their PREMIUM RATE (10p at all times - even weekends) Telephone number.

There are lots of distributors who have progressed up the ladder by selling their products and signing up new distributors, Robin is just one of them. However he still has to keep selling one of their products each month or his commission will dip dramatically. And with their current uncompetitive products, that is going to be very hard work.

IP Logged

chukkat

Reply #48 - Dec 9th, 2006 at 7:49am

As Peter points out Robin is just another distributor/agent of T-Plus. Your find distributors posted all over the net, many with personal 0800 numbers that go to their home lines. All they can do is pass your query on to Head Office.

As more customers see the light about their uncompetive prices  and tell their friends i think that they will find it hard  to keep customers,as the only usp they have left is everything on  the one bill See:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=321656

Also more of their distributors are now admitting their prices are not that good ,and expressing their dislike of the 0871 number. See post no 188 in this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=106377&page=10

Hopefully the penny will drop about the 0871 customer service number, but dont hold your breath!!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2006 at 8:07am by chukkat »  

IP Logged

roryt

Reply #49 - Dec 19th, 2006 at 3:56pm

Hi
I had broadband from UW when they were offering a 512 broadband connection and free calls. I've had it for about 18 months but its been in the last 2 months that its gone pear shaped. Last month I had problems with the service and 3 days ago it packed up all together. I'm now being informed by them that if i want to find out if there is a fault on the adsl i have to call an 0906 number at 75p a min. I then asked about a MAC code to transfer the service and was told i would need to pay £50 as the service was less than 12 months old. I refuted this and was then told i'd been subject to a free upgrade that i should have had a letter about (but of course I did'nt) when i asked for written conformation of my agreement to the upgrade they said they would have to check and come back to me. I'll let you know how i get on but i've definitly had enough and will be moving everything i have with them away. I reckon i spent around 4k with them last year and they have lost it for a couple of quid, not very bright is it?

IP Logged

chukkat

Reply #50 - Dec 19th, 2006 at 5:54pm

I cant believe the customers are as satisfied as some of their senior distributors would have you believe, if they are  how come the total number has hardly risen over the last couple of years , despite the efforts of an ever growing army of distributors? It would appear that the 14,OOO plus distributors (?) must be recruiting new customers at approximately the same rate that existing customers are leaving. I wonder why?
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2006 at 5:54pm by chukkat »  

IP Logged

Cruz

Reply #51 - Dec 19th, 2006 at 7:51pm

chukkat wrote on Dec 19th, 2006 at 5:54pm:
I cant believe the customers are as satisfied as some of their senior distributors would have you believe, if they are  how come the total number has hardly risen over the last couple of years , despite the efforts of an ever growing army of distributors? It would appear that the 14,OOO plus distributors (?) must be recruiting new customers at approximately the same rate that existing customers are leaving. I wonder why?
I think the post above yours explains that!

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #52 - Dec 20th, 2006 at 11:10pm

roryt wrote on Dec 19th, 2006 at 3:56pm:
Hi
I had broadband from UW when they were offering a 512 broadband connection and free calls. I've had it for about 18 months but its been in the last 2 months that its gone pear shaped. Last month I had problems with the service and 3 days ago it packed up all together. I'm now being informed by them that if i want to find out if there is a fault on the adsl i have to call an 0906 number at 75p a min. I then asked about a MAC code to transfer the service and was told i would need to pay £50 as the service was less than 12 months old. I refuted this and was then told i'd been subject to a free upgrade that i should have had a letter about (but of course I did'nt) when i asked for written conformation of my agreement to the upgrade they said they would have to check and come back to me. I'll let you know how i get on but i've definitly had enough and will be moving everything i have with them away. I reckon i spent around 4k with them last year and they have lost it for a couple of quid, not very bright is it?

WARNING

Do not take the upgrade to Broadcall or you will be tied in for another 12 months.
You will also have noticed that their 0208 Geo number has been removed and replaced with an 0871 10p per minute at all times number (5p if you have their phone service)
Get you MAC and leave as soon as possible.
For a good deal on Gas and electricity checkout either Ebico or npower's On-Line tariff.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2006 at 11:11pm by 4PetesSake »  

IP Logged

roryt

Reply #53 - Jan 8th, 2007 at 3:56pm

Hi All

After the obligitory wait for the return call that never came I got my mac number through in the post. looks to me like they know they have not got a leg to stand on in supposedly sending out upgrade letters then changing the service without authorisation.

so if your in the same position then argue and save yourself £50. The gas is moved, so is the broadband so just the phones and the electric to go!

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #54 - Jan 9th, 2007 at 9:53am

Thanks for the update, once you have changed everything it would be worth posting just how much money you are saving, a friend of mine who switched his mobile, home phone, gas and electricity made a saving of £80 a month. (£45 on the mobile which he switched to ntl/Virgin, £30 on his gas and electricity which he switched to npower online and £5 on his home phone which he switched to skytalk. Fortunately he never took UW's Internet as he was happy with ntl.

We personally are saving about £25 a month on Gas and Electricity and £5 a month on the phone which we also have with skytalk. We never took their Mobile or Internet - thank goodness. Smiley

IP Logged

Mike by the Sea

Hastings
Reply #55 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 7:26am

4PetesSake wrote on Dec 3rd, 2006 at 9:06am:
Well said Chukkat, I knew I was not the only one to have seen the light after parting with my £199.50. I am sure that there are many distributors/ex-distributors or CGA's who could share their experiences on this forum.

Come on guy and girls! It's time to come out of the woodwork!

Hi Peter

I've come out of the woodwork.  Smiley Nice to be here.

IP Logged

moneysavin

Reply #56 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 5:31pm

Nice to see that people still write highly  Grin  of this outfit see:

http://www.youthejury.com/reviews/?p=1758

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #57 - Feb 10th, 2007 at 8:50pm

Mike by the Sea wrote on Feb 10th, 2007 at 7:26am:
4PetesSake wrote on Dec 3rd, 2006 at 9:06am:
Well said Chukkat, I knew I was not the only one to have seen the light after parting with my £199.50. I am sure that there are many distributors/ex-distributors or CGA's who could share their experiences on this forum.

Come on guy and girls! It's time to come out of the woodwork!

Hi Peter

I've come out of the woodwork.  Smiley Nice to be here.

Hi Mike

I'm glad to see that you have joined here as well. I have read all of your posts about UW over on MSE. Are you still selling UW products have you decided to go into voluntary redundancy.

I came across a UW client by chance the a couple of weeks ago who was well in credit for his Gas and Electricity and due to an administrative error by UW, they did not take his monthly payment. He then got a nasty letter from UW threatening him with a debt collecting company etc. He asked me if I knwe anything about UW, so I shared with him my honest, "inside" views. He has now switched to Ebico and is saving a lot of money.

IP Logged

lala

Reply #58 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 2:17pm

Quote:
I was invited to be a distributor with these people. I was wheeled along to a smart hotel and sat at back,every time the main man made what he thought was a good point i noticed that certain members of the audience burst into applause in a kind of happy clappy way. I later found out they were existing distributors.

Great emphasis was placed on them being Britains fastest growing company,the share options,  get your own company car ( Bright Yellow Mini,with large pink pig emblazoned on it). Cheapest Gas and Electric.

Regetfully i  parted with nearly £200 quid to join. As time went on i discovered

That some of their distributors mislead people to get them to sign up.( Their are also a lot of genuine distributors!!!) The mini is only allocated when you reach a certain level if you don't reach your sales targets you have to pay about £250 per month for it. You only get a small amount each month  from every customer you sign up ,the real moneys in recruiting more distributors. The services are not that cheap and their  broadband has no bandwidth.They have been selling  gas and elec at a loss ,  and it has now  been  offloaded to Npower to supply and run for them.The claim to be Europe's fastest growing company well the article was published in a low distribution magazine about 2 years ago,and was based on information that was collated in previous 12 months,that is 2003! Since then their shares have  suffered a roller coster ride in terms of both profits and share price,and have gone from 400p down to 140ish today..Not a lot of good for your share options!!!!! I found their customer service poor and their time to answer awful.

Needless to say i  have nothing more to do with them. 

The same thing happened to me. I asked them for my money back, but they refused.

IP Logged

moneysavin

Reply #59 - Apr 19th, 2007 at 1:12am

I see they have been caught out yet again for circulating  misleading info.

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/adjudications/Public/TF_ADJ_42467.htm
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2007 at 1:16am by moneysavin »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge