Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 50
Send Topic Print
NEG propaganda (Read 711,159 times)
lompos
Supreme Member

Re: NEG propaganda
Reply #165 - Aug 3rd, 2007 at 9:46pm

Quote:
The number is 0845 120 3161 ....  so I doubt a geographic number could be found. However, it is run by a company called Local Care Direct

If you ring a GP surgery out of hours in the Bradford and Airedale PCT area they are supposed to transfer you automatically to the Local Care Direct out of hours service.  However, this is not true for all GPs, but I found one which transfers automatically;

01274 637 115

If you ring this number out of hours Local Care Direct answers and it starts with a menu asking you to give your location, e.g. Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, etc.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #166 - Aug 3rd, 2007 at 10:20pm

That's useful to know - thanks Smiley. Do you think that would be worth adding to the database?

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

lompos
Supreme Member

Reply #167 - Aug 4th, 2007 at 8:10am

I have added Local Care Direct to the database with a note that the geog number should only be used out of hours.  Smiley

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #168 - Aug 12th, 2007 at 10:01pm

--Admin edit 13/08/07 18:52 - Posts by Simmond001 also removed in reply to this misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2007 at 6:55pm by Forum Admin »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Stoday

East Anglia
Reply #169 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 2:40am

NGMsGhost wrote on Aug 12th, 2007 at 10:01pm:

The notorious Kath Simonds from NEG ... is now accusing me of libelling her company.

Well, let's hope she does so.

It's some time now since I've enjoyed following the McLibel trial which lasted 2 1/2 years so another with a similar result would mean I can stop watching BB.  Grin

http://www.mcspotlight.org/case/index.html

IP Logged

KVSimons

Reply #170 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 3:54pm

No, it's NOT me or any relation, colleague or otherwise!! I don't really appreciate the accusasions, maybe next time facts should checked?! But why am I surprised when you have never made contact with me or NEG to get the facts on NEG and Surgery Line?!!!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #171 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 4:14pm

KVSimons wrote on Aug 13th, 2007 at 3:54pm:
No, it's NOT me or any relation, colleague or otherwise!! I don't really appreciate the accusasions, maybe next time facts should checked?! But why am I surprised when you have never made contact with me or NEG to get the facts on NEG and Surgery Line?!!!

Apologies for the confusion on the identity question caused by the remarkable coincidence of the poster in the Petrolheads forum with a similar surname going to such lengths to defend NEG's commercial position.

As to the facts I think we know what they are other than the question of the economics of where the revenue share from the 5p per minute goes and who gets what cut out of it.

If you can enlighten us further on that point it would certainly be of great assistance.

<div style=

IP Logged

KVSimons

Reply #172 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 4:24pm

A proportion of it is retained by the carrier, the remainder of it is given to the practice. However, this amount can only be enough to pay for the actual service itself, as the practice can not make a profit. I am being guarded as to how much we give back as we are not the only 0844 providers to surgeries, many other companies in the UK now mimic Surgery Line, as it has been so successful  - we are installing 30 a month - so I can't disclose too much financial info.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #173 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 4:39pm

KVSimons wrote on Aug 13th, 2007 at 4:24pm:
A proportion of it is retained by the carrier, the remainder of it is given to the practice. However, this amount can only be enough to pay for the actual service itself, as the practice can not make a profit. I am being guarded as to how much we give back as we are not the only 0844 providers to surgeries, many other companies in the UK now mimic Surgery Line, as it has been so successful  - we are installing 30 a month - so I can't disclose too much financial info.

So of the 1200+ surgeries using 0844 numbers by no means all of these use NEG Surgeryline?  Or do NEG have 1200 and then more still use clone services of Surgeryline?

I can't imagine that the telco would need more than 1p a minute based on revenue share also being a viable possibility for internet service providers using 0845 numbers.  They probably only take 0.5p per minute.

Ms Simons you obviously understand perfectly well how this model works.  Whilst clearly one discussion to be had is as to whether it is ethical for doctors to be able to use a call rate above 01/02 geographic rates (and which mobile phone companies and BT Payphones division then seem to use as an excuse for adding a far bigger surcharge still on the basis that they seem to believe callers of these numbers are locked in to the service and have no alternative), the other matter which we find totally objectionable is NEG personnel (including yourself) actually going out of their way to misleadingly claim that an 0844 number is only a local, lo-call or low cost call.

What do you have to say for yourself in that regard given that on your own admission you are an intelligent woman with a masters degree who clearly understands perfectly well the real situation regarding the cost of these calls to doctors patients.

<div style=

IP Logged

KVSimons

Reply #174 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 5:11pm

Yes, there are 1200 practices using Surgery Line and this number is on the increase. They do not have to use 0844, however they choose to so that the vast majority of the system is paid for.

It is classed as a lo-call rate (the 0844) as you know. We did not make this up, it's the way it is. 

I am also a patient using a 0844 surgery number; I actually have to pay for the call due to my free call package at home. This will cost me probably less than £1 a year, and for this it means that I can get through to my dr.

My father is driven potty with his dr as he can't get through, and when he does all the appts have gone. So now he gets into his car and drives to the surgery.

I know which method I, and to be fair, the majority of the public would prefer.

Of course, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion and I respect that, nor do I expect to change it.

We are aware of the arguments for and against 0844, which is why to avoid placing all our eggs in one basket we are becoming more diverse with our products, meaning 0844 is not compulsory for practices or PCTs.

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #175 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 5:36pm

KVSimons wrote on Aug 13th, 2007 at 5:11pm:
They do not have to use 0844, however they choose to so that the vast majority of the system is paid for.

They don't have to use 0844, but I wouldn't be surprised if you make it seem more attractive if they use an 0844 number. Ofcourse they are going to flock to 0844 if they don't have to pay NEG any more money (and I suspect your 01/02 rates aren't exactly "BT standard rate")...

It is classed as a lo-call rate (the 0844) as you know. We did not make this up, it's the way it is.

No it isn't - according to BT, it is actually called Contactcall - http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/btbusinessProducts/displayProduct.do?produ....

I know which method I, and to be fair, the majority of the public would prefer.

Do you have any statistics to back up your claim that "the majority" would prefer an 0844 number? I've always been told that you should never say "the majority" if you can't back up your claim. You may prefer an 0844 number, but from what I've seen, my "majority" would prefer a normal geographic number that costs nothing extra to them.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #176 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 5:56pm

They do not have to use 0844, however they choose to so that the vast majority of the system is paid for.

But what they are not told is that their patients pay many times the value of their so called "free" system in extra revenue share on the calls going direct to NEG and its telecoms supplier.

Quote:

No "Lo-Call" is a very specific brand only ever used for 0845 numbers by BT and now not used even for those (as it is NOT TRUE).  As you know full well 0844 and 0871 numbers were introduced much later as further more granularly priced "revenue share" numbers by Ofcom with prices between 1p and 5p and 6p and 10p per minute at all times.  Unfortunately ue to the infiltration of the regulator with lots of former employees of companies vending these kinds of services they disgracefully then allowed the 0844 and 0871 number codes to be used to try and confuse customers that there was a connection with local and national rate - they should have mandated the use of 9 numbers.  And you and your unscrupulous and dishonest colleagues at NEG have continually sought to exploit this confusion and the weakness of Trading Standards in failing to take legal action against your company over this matter.  You also exploit the fact that the ASA does not govern the signs doctors put up in their surgeries that you give them apparently saying your 0844 number is a "low cost call".  13 times as much to call from a BT Payphone as an 01/02 number - I think not.

Remember who we are Ms Simons and that there is no point in telling us the lies you clearly habitually tell to doctors and practice managers.  Your company is ripe for investigation by the BT Whistleblower or File on Four program in terms of its selling methods.  A hidden cam from an undercover reporter accompanying you on sales visits during their training would I am sure be fascinating.

Quote:
I am also a patient using a 0844 surgery number; I actually have to pay for the call due to my free call package at home. This will cost me probably less than £1 a year, and for this it means that I can get through to my dr.

£1 here, £1 there and before you know it 35% of all your calls are to 084/7 numbers and £150 or more a year has been  added to your phone bill that ought to have been covered by your 01/02 calls plan.  How do you sleep at nights I wonder thinking of the trail of over priced phone calling you are personally responsible for leaving in your wake.

Quote:
We are aware of the arguments for and against 0844, which is why to avoid placing all our eggs in one basket we are becoming more diverse with our products, meaning 0844 is not compulsory for practices or PCTs.

Of course you are which is why it drives us completely mad when you try to lie to us by telling us that 0844 is "lo-call".  You may get away with that lie with your doctor clients or the dimbo personell of NHS health trusts but you won't get away with it in this forum.

A lie remains just that - a lie! Shocked Angry Smiley Smiley Smiley

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #177 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 5:59pm

Just thought I would point out that the total signatures at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/NGN-use-by-GPs/ has now reached 2,723.  Up about 300 since this time yesterday.

At this rate it won't be long before it is on Page 1 by size of the 10 Downing Street petitions website. Wink Tongue Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2007 at 6:00pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #178 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 6:06pm

… They do not have to use 0844, however they choose to so that the vast majority of the system is paid for.

That is most interesting. So the NEG salesperson explains the pros and cons of each then?

It is referred to, by Ofcom, as a "Special Services" number. As jgxenite points out, BT market 0844 as Contactcall. I think I have mentioned this before on this thread, so it might fall on deaf ears, but BT now refer to 0845 (when marketing it to companies) as BT0845. It used to be called 'lo-call' and this term was used on some BBC charity shows such as Comic Relief and Children in Need.

The fact of the matter is that NEG is not being forced to use the "lo-call" term, but it does so of its own choosing. In much the same way as NEG's website mentions "national rate" with regards to 0870 numbers.

We have also seen various spurious comments made by both NEG representatives and practice's management about these 5p/min 0844s being no more than a "local call" rate.

IP Logged

KVSimons

Reply #179 - Aug 13th, 2007 at 6:25pm

My goodness you really are very suspicious!! As I said, you are entitled to your own opinion and there aren't enough hours in the day for me to even attempt change your mind, or even for me to attempt make you listen to another side of the argument.

Yes we do have stats by the way; we recently had a 3rd party company carry out a survey on the pulbic to get a feel for 0844 numbers and queue systems. 71% said they'd prefer to be placed in a queue, and 82% agreed that the average cost of a 0844 call was a reasonable amount if it meant being able to get through.

Surgery Line gives surgeries a state of the art phone system and improves patient access. Patients were asked whether Doctors should use the latest technology to improve the experience of patients 89% agreed, that they should.

The Survey was conducted by IMC research between July 16th and July 20th 2007 across a 4 English cities representing a spread of backgrounds, ages, ethnic diversity etc. Three hundred people were polled in total.

Don't forget the majority of our work is done through referrals, practices recommending other practices. If patients were so unhappy, and therefore the practices then this wouldn't be the case. Many, many practices comment to us how their survey's show a marked improvement on telephone access since the introduction of Surgery Line.

I will leave it there for now, sleep well.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 50
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge