Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
YourCalls.net (Read 55,855 times)
macminiuser

Re: YourCalls.net
Reply #15 - May 4th, 2007 at 12:24pm

thanks for your kind words, ruthhart.

thought you guys might like an update, if you haven't been following the thread on MSE:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=413320

Quote:
well... there's good news and there's bad news.  the good news is the new sign-up process has been deployed:

[url="https://www.yourcalls.net:443/Features/SignUp.aspx"]https://www.yourcalls.net:44...[/url]

It looks lovely, and is much more helpful than the old application form... however, one of the directors at the last minute decided they were going to pull the plug on the CPS option - you can see on the first section of the signup page where there is clearly meant to be more than one option - it's all there, ready to go but the guy in charge made the decision to switch it off.  (from what I understand, it could be switched on again relatively easily - all the infrastructure is there and has been tested).

So, basically I lose.  Sorry everyone, but I give up - I've pushed as hard as I can at this end.

If you're in the market for a no-contract CPS £4.99 a month anytime UK calls package, send an email for the attention of the decision maker, Ben Giddings: customer.services@yourcalls.net telling him you want the Anytime product but without the line rental.

Clearly the powers that be aren't listening to me, but I'm sure with your persuasion, we can get him to turn it back on.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2007 at 6:51pm by Forum Admin »  

IP Logged

ruthhart

Essex
Reply #16 - May 4th, 2007 at 4:08pm

your welcome macminiuser!

we are all too quick to moan but never to say well done!!

I have stayed with Your Calls.net and still say the service is 100% my phone bill has reduced by over £20 a month. So I am very happy.

I can only say to anyone considering Your Calls give it a go!!!!! You won't be disapointed

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #17 - Apr 14th, 2008 at 8:23pm

Does anyone have any information on call charges, connection fee's, charges for calling features, any minimum term for moving linerental and whether they block likes of Call1899, etc about this company?

They're website doesn't display anything at all from my quick scan of it!!!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #18 - Apr 15th, 2008 at 11:59am

bbb_uk wrote on Apr 14th, 2008 at 8:23pm:
Does anyone have any information on call charges, connection fee's, charges for calling features, any minimum term for moving linerental and whether they block likes of Call1899, etc about this company?

Their website doesn't display anything at all from my quick scan of it!!!

I am a customer of yourcalls bbb_uk.  I'm on their £3.50 per month package for 01/02 calls up to 60 minutes free at any time.  I have told them their website is rubbish but they don't seem to have responded so far.  I did however get them to start including 03 numbers in call plans following my complaint to their Commercial Director copied to various people at Ofcom.  To be fair PostOffice Homephone (who I had just left in January) were also charging me g6 multimedia rate for my 03 calls and failing to make them free in the evening or at the weekend.

In answer to your questions.

1. There is No minimum contract with yourcalls.  You can leave at any time without penalty.

2. No blocking whatsoever of calls with 18185, 1899 or other similar providers.  One of their staff even previously posted in another thread on here to confirm this was so.  I use 18185 for mobile calls.

3. Stupidly the prices for Caller Display etc are only viewable in their customer area.  Here they are:-

Quote:
Caller Display                 £1.50 per month         
Call Waiting                    £1.50 per month      
Number Withheld                 £0.00 per month
Call Diversion                     £1.50 per month
Call Barring                    £1.50 per month
Ring Back                      £1.50 per month
Anonymous Call Reject    £1.50 per month
Choose To Refuse           £2.49 per month

However I see BT only now charge £4.95 per month for Option 3 if I sign for 12 months and that their line rental is the same at £10.50 as yourcalls if I do direct debit and paperless billing.  Factor in Caller Display at £1.50 per month with yourcalls (free with BT) and you can see that I'm now 5p per month worse off with yourcalls, who don't open their Customers Services in the evening or at the weekend, than with BT. Sad Cry

This isn't the fault of yourcalls.net.  It is the fault of corrupt Ofcom for allowing BT to behave in this outrageous anticompetitive way and to force what were formerly Option 1 customers to pay for free Weekend calls for other BT customers, even if they use a provider like 1899 or 18185 to make all their calls.  The whole BT game is to force you to sign for Option 3 (or whatever its now called) and 12 months contract so you can never leave them.  I refuse to return to BT because they would make me sign a 12 month contract to do so.  A matter of principle on my part now, even though price wise I really might as well now return to BT.  When I moved to yourcalls I was still saving £1.50 per month compared to BT and avoiding a 12 month minimum term.

Basically Ofcom have allowed the minimum call charge to go up 80% so people are now being blackmailed in to signing for an all inclusive calls plan and a 12 month contract as individual daytime calls are now so ridiculously more expensive.  This is what Ofcom calls increasing competition. Shocked Angry Cry
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2008 at 12:01pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #19 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 9:10pm

Thanks for that.

I may not bother moving because when you factor in caller display there isn't much difference compared to what I pay Sky now (linerental and NGNs are via BT).

I've generally not bothered complaining to Ofcon for some time because I believe it's useless however as yourcalls.net must be the worst company for total lack of pricing information, I'm going to, this once, make an official complaint to Ofcom.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #20 - Apr 20th, 2008 at 10:31pm

bbb_uk wrote on Apr 20th, 2008 at 9:10pm:
I've generally not bothered complaining to Ofcon for some time because I believe it's useless however as yourcalls.net must be the worst company for total lack of pricing information, I'm going to, this once, make an official complaint to Ofcom.

I'm only with yourcalls because of the disgraceful behaviour of Post Office Homephone 3 months ago in changing their customer services call centres from an excellent supplier with an 0800 number and open 24 hours to some bunch of cowboys in Northern Ireland who use an 0845 number but worse than that have call queues routinely of 30 minutes or more.  And the PostOffice HomePhone's free evening and weekend calls up to 60 minutes to 01 and 02 numbers did not cover these 0845 calls.

Then when I complained to them at CEO level about 0845 they avoided questions about 40 minute calls to the call centre and said the switch from 0845 to 0800 was part of PostOffice Core Brand Values (they then refuse to say what those Brand Values were).  On top of that they charged calls to the Ofcom 03 contact centre at g6 multimedia rate on my phone bill and dodged that complaint in my letter to the CEO too.

yourcalls.net were also charging for 03 but a complaint to their marketing director (admittedly also copied to Clive Hillier at Ofcom)had the matter investigated and remedied in two days.  Also since I have become a customer and after complaints about there being no complete price list they have added a facility in their customer area to lookup the cost of calling any number in the world on a per number lookup basis.  They still seem paranoid about publishing their full price list as a docment saying their competitors will then copy them.

I refuse to go back to BT on principle so long as they want me to sign a 12 month contract and I am not a Sky pay tv customer (I have Sky Freesat).

<div style=

IP Logged

oldharryrocks

Reply #21 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 3:11am

If you click on YourCallPlan on their front page they do show the cost of calling features.

https://www.yourcalls.net/Features/YourCallPlan.aspx

If you want to sign up with them you can get £15 cashback if you do it via

http://www.firsthelpline.com/homephone
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2008 at 3:19am by oldharryrocks »  

IP Logged

oldharryrocks

Reply #22 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 3:27am

Quote:
It is the fault of corrupt Ofcom for allowing BT to behave in this outrageous anticompetitive way and to force what were formerly Option 1 customers to pay for free Weekend calls for other BT customers

Have i missed something, how are BT Unlimited Weekend Plan Customers ( Formerly Option 1 ) paying for other customers inclusive weekend calls?

~ Edited by Dave: Quote box tidied up
« Last Edit: Apr 21st, 2008 at 7:17pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #23 - Apr 21st, 2008 at 5:38am

oldharryrocks wrote on Apr 21st, 2008 at 3:27am:
Have i missed something, how are BT Unlimited Weekend Plan Customers ( Formerly Option 1 ) paying for other customers inclusive weekend calls?

Because if you say make all your calls with www.18185.co.uk on a BT line you are still paying an extortionate line rental that props up BT to let them offer Free Weekend Calls out of the largest standing charge of any utility in the country by a factor of about 200% Angry

If you live in the country you can't have broadband without paying line rental to BT that subsidises a calls package you personally don't need to use if you could make your calls via Voip.

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #24 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 4:05pm

macminiuser wrote on Oct 30th, 2006 at 5:36pm:
we don't limit the use of the line in any way if you do 'transfer' it to us.  You can still use 1899, 18186, 18866, access numbers like Telediscount/Dialwise etc, broadband is unaffected etc. Technically, you could CPS your calls elsewhere if you really wanted to - there's nothing to stop you from doing so (although we ask you not to in the terms and conditions, and we're not sure why you'd want to - we're pretty cheap!)

and

macminiuser wrote on Oct 30th, 2006 at 5:36pm:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a staunch 18185 man for calls to mobiles.  I wish them all the best

But after a recent issue with my outgoing call access being blocked by www.yourcalls.net due to them failing to take payment for a bill correctly since my outgoing call access was restored by yourcalls I find I can no longer make any indirect access prefixed calls (including using the BT 1280 code as well as 18185) and now get the message "sorry you cannot use indirect access codes from this line" as soon as I have dialled the 4 or 5 indirect access code digits.

I have therefore sent the following message to BT CEO, Ian Livingston about this:-

Quote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject:      Restriction of Indirect Access (18185) Availability With YourCalls.net by BT Wholesale/Global
Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 2009 12:17:34 +0100
To:      ian.livingston@bt.com
CC:      hanif.lalani@bt.com, gavin.patterson@bt.com, colin.forward@comms-factory.com, mike.thornley@comms-factory.com, owen.bloodworth@comms-factory.com, stuart.mcintosh@ofcom.org.uk, stewart.purvis@ofcom.org.uk, claudio.pollack@ofcom.org.uk, peter.phillips@ofcom.org.uk, ed.richards@ofcom.org.uk, OfcomAdvisoryCommitteeEngland@ofcom.org.uk, OfcomAdvisoryCommitteeScotland@ofcom.org.uk, OfcomAdvisoryCommitteeNorthernIreland@ofcom.org.uk, OfcomAdvisoryCommitteeWales@ofcom.org.uk, acodp@ofcom.org.uk, anna.bradley@communicationsconsumerpanel.org.uk, dominic.ridley@communicationsconsumerpanel.org.uk, jonathan.may@oft.gov.uk, john.fingleton@oft.gov.uk, vivienne.dews@oft.gov.uk, david.saunders@competition-commission.org.uk, rachel.merelie@competition-commission.org.uk, igor.tracchia@finarea.ch, service@finarea.ch, info@finarea.ch, clive.hillier@ofcom.org.uk, gareth.davies@ofcom.org.uk

Dear Mr Livingston,

Restriction of 18185 Indirect Access Code Availability and Barring of Use of All Other Indirect Access Codes With YourCalls.net by BT Wholesale/Global/Openreach on My Telephone Number - XXXXX XXXXXX - yourcalls.net account number - Y20****

I am writing to you as Chief Executive of BT (therefore the buck must stop with you on this issue and you cannot claim it is a matter for BT Wholesale, BT Global, BT Openreach or one of the other subsidiaries of BT Group) regarding my concern over BT's apparent new policy of denying use of indirect access codes to make calls to any telephone customers of Wholesale Line Rental Services supplied by BT's competitors such as www.your calls.net

In my own case I joined www.yourcalls.net as a WLR customer in about January 2008 having previously been with Post Office Homephone for around a year before that and prior to that I was with BT Retail.  Throughout all this time and until Wednesday 3rd June I had been able to successfully make calls using indirect access codes from Finarea/Connect Telecom UK under brand names such as www.18866.co.uk, www.1899.com and www.18185.co.uk   In recent times I have only used www.18185.co.uk, mainly to make mobile phone calls and internationals calls that are not part of my Anytime calls plan with Yourcalls.net  Whilst Finarea is a Swiss company it appears to operate through its UK subsidiary - Connect Telecom UK - in terms of billing customers and its indirect access code rights with BT Global/Wholesale.

In mid February yourcalls.net wrote to me as a customer to tell me that any calls I made to 0845 and 0870 numbers up to 60 minutes would now be free of charge as part of my Anytime calls plan but in mid April they then wrote saying this had been an error on their part and customers would only get inclusive 0845 and 0870 calls if they also switched their broadband service to Yourcalls.net.  They indicated that 0845 and 0870 calls therefore remained chargeable retrospectively but that they would graciously not charge for them in February 2009, even though customers had in fact made calls on the basis that 0845 and 0870 calls were not chargeable until mid April 2009.  At this point I changed my payment details on the yourcalls.net website to details that I knew would be refused and then contacted them to indicate I did not accept paying for any 0845 and 0870 calls between their first and second emails telling me they would be included in my Anytime call plan.  Although yourcalls.net eventually issued new bills making the calls free and although I then provided a new credit card to yourcalls.net to debit my account with for some reason yourcalls.net had a problem taking the payment on the card and so restricted service on my line at some point  after Monday 26th May (I was away from home from 26th May to 3rd June).
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2009 at 4:15pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
YourCalls.net Blocking Indirect Access Calls
Reply #25 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 4:07pm

Quote:
On 3rd June I spoke to yourcalls.net and we ascertained that for some reason they had trouble processing the card payment, even though I have no issues with the Mastercard in question.  Following this and having now successfully taken the outstanding payment using the same credit card they then de-restricted my line so that it was again available for outgoing calls on their Anytime calls plan.  However when I tried to make a call last night (4th June) to a mobile number using the 18185 indirect access code I received a BT Global generated network message saying I did not have access to any indirect access services on my phone line and I should contact my telephone service provider for any further queries about that.  After calling yourcalls.net today and carrying out various tests we have also now established that I cannot use 1280 or any other indirect access code, even though they say they have changed nothing on their system to bar or restrict my use of indirect access services.

I strongly suspect that the decision to bar my phone line access to indirect access services is not one that has been taken by Yourcalls.net customer service staff but reflects some change in contractual terms between BT Global (Wholesale/Openreach) so that any new customer for WLR access services has access to indirect access services automatically barred to them so that they are forced to make all their calls with their WLR telecoms provider.   This is no doubt sold to www.yourcalls.net (or their parent company Comms Factory Ltd of Premium House, The Esplanade, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2BJ.) on the basis that it is more profitable for them but the reality is that BT actually offers the service because it is good for it commercially because most customers with WLR providers who formerly used indirect access services will now be so furious that their indirect access services have been barred by their current telecoms provider that they will immediately feel like leaving their current provider and moving back to BT Retail (where BT is required by regulation to allow access to all indirect access code services).  Another of BT's longstanding little tricks in that regard is that if I have trouble connecting to another phone number because the call is misrouting to the wrong number and I ring 100 on my yourcalls.net line (or before that PostOffice Homephone) and allow the BT operator to connect the call (made necessary by a network defect) the next thing I find will be a £4 operator connection fee on my phone bill that I was not warned about.  But if I was a BT Retail customer and called the operator on 100 the call would be connected by the operator at normal rates and the discretionary operator fee would not be charge to BT Retail's own customers.  All of this amounts to a well established pattern of anti competitive behaviour by BT to try and force customers who have moved to WLR elsewhere to come back to BT Retail and become locked in to a 1 year rolling contract with BT as a result of doing so.

As my service for making calls with yourcalls.net was only temporarily suspended due to an administrative error on their part in taking payment and as I did not change my contractual terms with them I would now be very grateful if BT Global (aka BT Wholesale, aka BT Openreach) could lift the bar to indirect access services on my phone number (XXXXX XXXXXX) that it has imposed without my own or yourcalls.net's apparent permission and without me being notified of any altered contractual terms that allowed such a bar on indirect access services to be imposed.  If this does not happen I intend to pursue the matter with vigour with Otelo and Ofcom as an example of particularly abusive anti competitive behaviour by BT Group designed to limit the success of its commercial rivals in selling phone services that make use of the BT Global Wholesale Line Rental platform.
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2009 at 4:11pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #26 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 6:41pm

This is the reply I have had from Ian Livingston, CEO of BT.   At least he has offered his help if www.yourcalls.net cannot manage to put things right through the usual channels.

However I am still awaiting a reply from www.yourcalls.net or any of their three directors. Angry

Quote:
Subject:      RE: Restriction of Indirect Access (18185) Availability With YourCalls.net by BT Wholesale/Global
Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 2009 16:16:08 +0100
References:      <4A2908DE.8050803@grenehurst.plus.com>

Mr Shersby

I received your previous email on this from earlier in the day.

I am not aware of any such policy to block calls.  Your service provider, yourcalls.net, should contact their account person at Openreach to discuss the issue or I am happy if their CEO wants to email me to explain the problem as they see it.

Ian Livingston

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #27 - Jun 5th, 2009 at 7:37pm

And here is my reply to BT CEO Ian Livingston containing some interesting information about Ofcom's document concerning the feature of Wholesale Line Rental that allows barring of calls using Indirect Access:-

Quote:
Subject:      Unauthorised Implementation of Indirect Access Calls Barring By Yourcalls.net
Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 2009 19:08:54 +0100
To:      ian.livingston@bt.com
CC:      hanif.lalani@bt.com, gavin.patterson@bt.com, colin.forward@comms-factory.com, mike.thornley@comms-factory.com, owen.bloodworth@comms-factory.com, stuart.mcintosh@ofcom.org.uk, stewart.purvis@ofcom.org.uk, claudio.pollack@ofcom.org.uk, peter.phillips@ofcom.org.uk, ed.richards@ofcom.org.uk, OfcomAdvisoryCommitteeEngland@ofcom.org.uk, acodp@ofcom.org.uk, anna.bradley@communicationsconsumerpanel.org.uk, dominic.ridley@communicationsconsumerpanel.org.uk, jonathan.may@oft.gov.uk, john.fingleton@oft.gov.uk, vivienne.dews@oft.gov.uk, david.saunders@competition-commission.org.uk, rachel.merelie@competition-commission.org.uk, igor.tracchia@finarea.ch, service@finarea.ch, info@finarea.ch, clive.hillier@ofcom.org.uk, gareth.davies@ofcom.org.uk

Dear Mr Livingston,

Thank you for your below reply to my email indicating that you are willing to assist the CEO of yourcalls.net in addressing the issue I am facing with the unwanted introduction of Indirect Access calls barring on my phone line if www.yourcalls.net are not able to achieve its removal in conjunction with their usual account person at Openreach.

On further researching the matter I see that the announcement I now experience when I try to dial an Indirect Access code (“Sorry, you may not use indirect access codes from this line. Please contact your
telephone Service Provider.”) is detailed in Section 2.19 IA - Call Barring on Page 16 of Ofcom's document to be found at www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/groups/wholesale_line_rental/working_papers/wlr_e2e.pd... entitled Wholesale Line Rental "Industry End to End Process Description".  Also according to the document "Indirect Access Call Barring (IACB) is a network based feature which rejects any outgoing call attempt by an End User using an Indirect Access code."  Since yourcalls.net deliver their entire service using Wholesale Line Rental I find it curious that their customer service staff would seem to be totally unaware of the contents of this document or of a call barring message that they have possibly allowed to be introduced on to one of their customer's phone lines.  Nonetheless I feel sure that the technical ability to remove this restriction from my phone line ultimately lies with BT Openreach rather than with www.yourcalls.net

Regards,
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2009 at 7:41pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #28 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 1:42am

Following some phone calls I made today to yourcalls.net to chase up the issue I have now received this email from Owen Bloodworth, Managing Director of Comms Factory Group (the company now responsible for the yourcalls.net telecoms brand):-

Quote:
Subject:      Your Direct Access Issue
Date:      Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:22:57 +0100
From:      Owen Bloodworth <owen.bloodworth@comms-factory.com>
CC:      Fleur Jarman <fleur.jarman@comms-factory.com>

Dear Mr ________,

Following your phone call on 5th June 2009 and subsequent emails with reference to your issue concerning the block on indirect access networks I write with the following explanation.

When your card payment failed on 28th May with the reason 'Card Declined', the Credit Control department were unable to contact you and this resulted in an outgoing call restriction order on 3rd June.  A third attempt to collect funds was successful on 3rd June following your contact with us.  When the restriction on the line was lifted the block our network usually has for Indirect Access barring was activated.  As you were able to use an indirect access code before the restriction, this standard block could not have been properly active in the first place.  It is our normal process to actively block Indirect Access calls.

YourCalls.net is only able to offer competitive line and call packages by operating efficiently and ensuring margins are achieved from the mix of all call types used by a customer.

Our Terms and Conditions expressly forbid the use of allowing alternative suppliers to override or bypass our service.  (Terms and Conditions enclosed)  The relevant section 6.b:- (You agree) not to allow an alternative supplier to override or bypass our service either through the installation of equipment or through the BT OPENREACH local exchange.

The action of dialling an alternative supplier's indirect access code routes your calls over another network via the local exchange.  We believe this to be in direct contravention of section 6.b of our Terms and Conditions.

We have no option but to request you stop using these alternative suppliers and allow all calls to pass through YourCalls.net.

If you wish to continue to use these indirect access codes we kindly request that you transfer your service to another supplier.

We hope you are now clear as to YourCalls.net’s position concerning your query.

I have just spoken to Colin and can confirm that we cannot bespoke your mobile rates and would like to point out that you can bespoke one of the main mobile suppliers by using your Golden destination.

Regards,

Owen Bloodworth

Managing Director
Comms Factory Group

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #29 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 1:45am

And this was my reply to Mr Bloodworth:-

Quote:
Subject:      Hiding Behind Terms & Conditions Re Indirect Access + Breaches of Ofcom General Conditions
Date:      Mon, 08 Jun 2009 19:32:21 +0100
To:      owen.bloodworth@comms-factory.com
CC:      ian.livingston@bt.com, gavin.patterson@bt.com, colin.forward@comms-factory.com, mike.thornley@comms-factory.com, stuart.mcintosh@ofcom.org.uk, stewart.purvis@ofcom.org.uk, claudio.pollack@ofcom.org.uk, peter.phillips@ofcom.org.uk, ed.richards@ofcom.org.uk, OfcomAdvisoryCommitteeEngland@ofcom.org.uk, acodp@ofcom.org.uk, anna.bradley@communicationsconsumerpanel.org.uk, dominic.ridley@communicationsconsumerpanel.org.uk, jonathan.may@oft.gov.uk, john.fingleton@oft.gov.uk, vivienne.dews@oft.gov.uk, david.saunders@competition-commission.org.uk, rachel.merelie@competition-commission.org.uk, igor.tracchia@finarea.ch, service@finarea.ch, info@finarea.ch, clive.hillier@ofcom.org.uk, gareth.davies@ofcom.org.uk, chris.rowsell@ofcom.org.uk, fleur.jarman@comms-factory.com, colette.bowe@ofcom.org.uk, philip.graf@ofcom.org.uk, robert.thelen-bartholomew@ofcom.org.uk, hanif.lalani@bt.com, michael.rake@bt.com, tony.chanmugam@bt.com

Dear Mr Bloodworth,

Hiding Behind Terms & Conditions Over "Indirect Access" Availability Removal vs Repeated Breaches of Ofcom General Conditions by www.yourcalls.net

I am in receipt of your below email in relation to the blocking of the Indirect Access facility on my phone line (telephone number ***********) by yourcalls.net and/or BT Openreach.

I must say that I am very disappointed indeed by your response as it clearly represents the apparent easy way out for you without having to then bother to take the time and trouble to actually investigate how the block on Indirect Access on my phone line came in to effect and/or why I and many other longstanding customers with YourCalls.net have continued to be allowed to use Indirect Access regardless of what you now claim is in your Terms & Conditions.  However given that companies can change their Terms & Conditions at any time to a customer's disadvantage I am perfectly prepared to believe that you amended your Terms & Conditions to contain that clause just before you emailed me.  Why should I have any faith at all in what your company tells me when you are still in breach of an Ofcom General Condition related billing guidance by describing calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers on customer bills as being a  "National Rated Call" and a "Local Rated Call" when Ofcom has specifically told you that you must no longer make such claims about those numbers.  Even more incredibly you still describe 0844 numbers as being a "Local Rated Call" as you did for my call on 9th April 2009 at 12.27pm to 0844 2484951.  I am sure that if I actually called an 0871 number you would probably and try still describe that as being a "National Rated Call", despite them being no such thing and regulatory responsibility being imminently in the process of being transferred to PhonePay Plus.

I find it a bit much that you refer me to abiding by your Terms & Conditions that you had not notified me, at any time in the last 18 months with you as a customer, that you had altered when you felt quite free for six or more months after August 2007 to breach Ofcom's amended General Condition requiring calls to 03 numbers to be charged at 01/02 rates (with yourcalls instead charging them at g9 multimedia rate) and then also felt at liberty to make a deliberately misleading price indication on February 18th 2009 by sending me an email telling me that my 0845 and 0870 calls were now covered by my Anytime calls plan only to send an email on 8th April saying that had been an error and that only customers who also switched their broadband service to you would get 0845 and 0870 calls included in their calls package (unlike BT customers who would get them without taking broadband from BT).  Then to add insult to injury you indicated you intended to only not charge for the 0845 and 0870 calls on which you had given customers a misleading price indication that they were now free between 18th February 2009 and 28th February 2009 and that you appeared to require us the customer to pick up the tab for your error from 1st March 2009 to 8th April 2009.  Only after a complaint did you agree to refund the cost of those 0845 and 0870 calls from 1st March to 8th April 2009 and your company then still refused to correct the invoices it had sent me to correctly show the status of those calls as being free calls.  So I don't think I need any lecturing in abiding by Terms & Conditions by your company when you seem to feel quite free to breach Ofcom General Conditions on a regular basis knowing that lethargic and telco friendly Ofcom will of course fail to impose any financial penalty at all for these flagrant breaches of their own rules by one of the companies that also pays the membership fees of their staff.

Continued/........
« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2009 at 3:06am by Dave »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge