NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Re: YourCalls.net
Reply #30 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 1:47am

Quote:
You also have still have not answered why Yourcalls.net has now backtracked on the previous commitment given by someone who was or still is a member of your staff (known by the forum name of macminiuser) on the www.saynoto0870.com discussion forum to the effect that "we don't limit the use of the line in any way if you do 'transfer' it to us.  You can still use 1899, 18186, 18866, access numbers like Telediscount/Dialwise etc, broadband is unaffected etc.  Technically, you could CPS your calls elsewhere if you really wanted to - there's nothing to stop you from doing so" and "I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a staunch 18185 man for calls to mobiles.  I wish them all the best" and "By all means use Dialwise or Telediscount or calling cards or Skype or whatever - but when you need to have an important conversation and can't be dealing with dropped calls and echoey scratchy lines, you won't have to sell your granny to dial direct from your Yourcalls.net line - that's where we're coming from". (see Post Number 4 at www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1161955510/0#0) ; The same member of your staff also made posts to this effect in the www.moneysavingexpert.com discussion forum's home phone calls section.  So can I therefore take it that as with your company deliberately misleading me on 18th February that my 0845 and 0870 calls were part of my calls package or still incorrectly describing the cost of 084 and 087 prefixed calls as Local Rated and National Rated calls that your company just thinks it can tell customers one thing and then do another thing without advising customers it has changed its policy?

I have carefully checked the emails your company has sent me in the last 18 months and not one of them advises me of an alteration to your Terms & Conditions removing my right to use the Indirect Access service.  As BT Retail makes a profit while still allowing its customers to use the Indirect Access service (albeit that they are required to do so by regulation) then I cannot see why your company is unable to also do the same?  I take line rental, Caller Display and the Anytime Calls package from yourcalls.net each month for a cost of over £15 per month or £180 per annum but are you telling me that you cannot make a profit from me unless you also force me to make all my mobile phone calls with you at uncompetitive rates in the weekday daytime?  You could not stop me having a mobile phone with bundled minutes to call mobiles cheaply and avoid using your service that way so why should you be able to stop me calling them on a cheaper carrier than yourcalls.net on my landline using a service that Ofcom's predecessor OFTEL introduced with the very purpose of ensuring more competition in telecoms prices for the consumer.  But now no one seems to want competition in the telecoms industry and you all seem to want to try to lock consumers in to 12 or 18 months contracts in which the customer cannot shop around at all.  This may be justified on a mobile phone contract where an expensive new handset is given to the customer as part of it but how is it justified on a domestic landline where your company is making no up front capital investment in me as a customer whatsoever.  BT Openreach's own document on this technical facility actually confirms that the sole purpose for its creation is in fact anti-competitive.  See http://www.openreach.com/orpg/products/wlr/downloads/isdn2_specific/WDA_PRODUCT_... - "You are therefore able to ensure that all your End User’s calls are routed over the network of your choice, helping you to maximise your call revenues".

Mr Bloodworth you had every opportunity to just rectify the small and quite simple problem I had with your company in it turning off Indirect Access on my phone line when I did not want you to do so but now due to your stubborn intransigence over this matter you force me to pursue with Ofcom the question of your deliberate and persistent breaches of their General Conditions over the description of 084 and 087 prefixed phone call costs on phone bills (for which your company clearly ought to be fined by Ofcom but inevitably will not be), your failure to make available to customers a full price list of all call types a customer can make on their phone line with yourcalls.net and your earlier failure to comply with Ofcom's amended General Condition requiring you to include 03 calls in call packages covering 01 and 02 calls for over 6 months.  There is also the matter of the misleading price indication about the cost of 084/7 calls given by your company on 18th February and your failure to refund most customers for the cost of those calls throughout the entire period of that misleading price indication unless they made a complaint to your company.

Is the reason for your continued unwise intransigence on this matter therefore perhaps because BT Openreach now simply refuses to authorise any new connections using their WLR service for yourcalls that do not deny the customer Indirect Access functionality?  I strongly suspect that this is the real reason I cannot have my Indirect Access functionality back with yourcalls.net but that neither you or BT Openreach are prepared to admit that this is the case.

I look forward to your further comments on this matter.

Yours sincerely,

<div style=

IP Logged

macminiuser

Reply #31 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 12:46pm

NGMsGhost - I have posted a reply to you over at MSE: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1596609.

Before you rip me a new one, I don't work for Yourcalls.net any more, having left on principle.  The principle being I didn't want to work for a bunch of cowboys, and that I was largely ineffectual in getting them to change any of their "a customer's happiness has no bearing on whether or not we expect them to pay" policies.

Although I now work for Verizon so I've somewhat jumped out of the frying pan and into... well, an even bigger frying pan.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2009 at 12:50pm by macminiuser »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #32 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:18pm

macminiuser wrote on Jun 30th, 2009 at 12:46pm:
NGMsGhost - I have posted a reply to you over at MSE: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1596609.

Yes I have seen that reply over on monesavingexpert.com as I presume have certain members of remaining staff at yourcalls.net.  What took you so long! Wink

Quote:
Before you rip me a new one, I don't work for Yourcalls.net any more, having left on principle.  The principle being I didn't want to work for a bunch of cowboys, and that I was largely ineffectual in getting them to change any of their "a customer's happiness has no bearing on whether or not we expect them to pay" policies.

It seems that you and I both agree on the nature of the new reconstituted yourcalls.net and its primary business motivations but oddly their new MD, a certain Mr Owen Bloodworth, took great exception to our joint view that they are now trying to lock their customers down to only making calls with yourcalls.net as though they were TalkTalk without having any of the same compelling value for money propositions as the TalkTalk group.  Of course TalkTalk don't have those either on a non LLU'ed country telephone exchange like my own.

Quote:
Although I now work for Verizon so I've somewhat jumped out of the frying pan and into... well, an even bigger frying pan.

I rather suspect that you have not even bothered to try to post any corporate comments on behalf of your new employers knowing that any such comments could only be agreed by a Board meeting of your masters across the pond back in the US of A. Tongue Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:19pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #33 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:25pm

Here are the lastest two emails I have received from Mr Owen Bloodworth, Managing Director of www.yourcalls.net threatening to unilaterally cut off my phone line without my permission (despite my not owing them any money), even though that would also affect my broadband connection that his company does not even provide:-

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: 15 June 2009 14:41
Cc: Fleur Jarman
Subject: RE: Your Direct Access Issue

Dear Mr ________,

I note your comments in your Email 8th June 2009.

I believe that the relationship between yourself and YourCalls.net has irretrievably broken down.

Your insinuation/accusation that we would adjust YourCall.net Terms and Conditions before sending them to you is both preposterous and insulting.

My staff and I are also not accustomed, and are not willing, to being referred to as incompetent scumbags. (MoneySavingExpert.com 9.14 5/06/09)

As a result I would like to kindly request that you find an alternative Telecoms supplier.

I look forward to receiving your new suppliers transfer request.

Regards,

Owen Bloodworth

Managing Director
Comms Factory Group
E: owen.bloodworth@comms-factory.com
Premium House, The Esplanade, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2BJ

I was on holiday for most of the intervening period and Mr Bloodworth then sent this email:-

Quote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject:      RE: Your Direct Access Issue
Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 2009 16:14:00 +0100
From:      Owen Bloodworth <owen.bloodworth@comms-factory.com>
CC:      Fleur Jarman <fleur.jarman@comms-factory.com>

Dear Mr ___________,

Further to my email below I can see that you have transferred all your call traffic away but have left your line with us.

My previous comments still apply and I request that you transfer your line to an alternative supplier.

If I don’t receive a request to move your line to an alternative supplier I will, after 14 days, take action to cease your line.

Yours sincerely

Owen Bloodworth

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #34 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:27pm

I have now sent Mr Bloodworth this reply:-

Quote:
Subject:      Threat to Unilaterally Terminate My Phone/Broadband Line Without My Agreement
Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:13:42 +0100
To:      Owen Bloodworth <owen.bloodworth@comms-factory.com>
CC:      fleur.jarman@comms-factory.com, ian.livingston@bt.com, gavin.patterson@bt.com, colin.forward@comms-factory.com, mike.thornley@comms-factory.com, stuart.mcintosh@ofcom.org.uk, stewart.purvis@ofcom.org.uk, claudio.pollack@ofcom.org.uk, peter.phillips@ofcom.org.uk, ed.richards@ofcom.org.uk, OfcomAdvisoryCommitteeEngland@ofcom.org.uk, acodp@ofcom.org.uk, anna.bradley@communicationsconsumerpanel.org.uk, dominic.ridley@communicationsconsumerpanel.org.uk, jonathan.may@oft.gov.uk, john.fingleton@oft.gov.uk, vivienne.dews@oft.gov.uk, david.saunders@competition-commission.org.uk, rachel.merelie@competition-commission.org.uk, igor.tracchia@finarea.ch, service@finarea.ch, info@finarea.ch, clive.hillier@ofcom.org.uk, gareth.davies@ofcom.org.uk, chris.rowsell@ofcom.org.uk, colette.bowe@ofcom.org.uk, philip.graf@ofcom.org.uk, robert.thelen-bartholomew@ofcom.org.uk, hanif.lalani@bt.com, michael.rake@bt.com, tony.chanmugam@bt.com, enquiries@otelo.org.uk
References:      <911D5CF54CAAD24F9222151C54D0579E77F14A72AB@ms01.ONEBILLTELECOM.COM>

Dear Mr Bloodworth,

Threat to Unilaterally Terminate My Phone and Broadband Line Without My Agreement

I have only today read your email dated 3rd July 2009 as I have been away from home first on holiday and then for other reasons for most of the last month.  Your assumption that I had therefore transferred all my call traffic away from yourcalls.net was therefore completely incorrect as I had simply not been at home in order to make any further chargeable calls with your company for most of the intervening period, although I do recall making at least two chargeable mobile phone calls with yourcalls.net at some point in June as well as a chargeable (on my yourcalls.net bill) 0871 call that allowed me to make a mobile phone call more cheaply than at the rates charged by yourcalls.net as well.

Ironically since returning home yesterday I now find that I can once again make use of the 18185.com Indirect Access calls service on my phone line, even though you claimed in your earlier email that being unable to use Indirect Access functionality on my yourcalls.net line was now one of your default new product features and also part of your company's revised terms and conditions.

On the basis that yourcalls.net and/or its contracted wholesale line rental supplier (BT Group) has now restored my ability to use Indirect Access services I therefore now have no wish to move my business away from your company but if of course due to what I would tend to regard as being a rather immature fit of corporate peak you continue to insist that I do so then I would politely request that I be given a little longer to initiate such arrangements and that you do not under any circumstances give unilateral instructions to disconnect my telephone line.  Were my phone line and consequently my broadband service from another unconnected supplier to be disconnected by such action I would be forced to instigate the most vigorous form of complaint about your company's behaviour with both Otelo and with Ofcom.  I think an interesting legal dispute about my loss of broadband service with my contracted supplier (Entanet Group via www.adsl24.co.uk) would be likely to result if you were to take any such action.  A more responsible suggestion on your part would surely have been that you would arrange for my phone line to transfer back to BT by a certain date if I did not take steps to transfer it to another telecoms supplier. Of course perhaps you may tell me that you are not empowered to transfer my line back to BT if you no longer want my business instead of terminating my phone line without my agreement?

With reference to your mention of posts about your company's new refusal to allow your customers to use Indirect Access services that may exist in threads on the www.moneysavingexpert.com and/or the www.saynoto0870.com discussion forums I think you ought to focus rather greater attention on why your company has now taken business decisions that directly contradict assurances previously given on those forums by one of your then members of middle management (a forum member by the name of macminiuser) when I brought my business to your company specifically on the basis of assurances given by that member of your staff that it was not your company's policy to block any customer's use of Indirect Access services.  Of course I note that you also fail to comment on other unacceptable actions by your company such as charging me for 03 calls that should have been part of my Anytime Calls package in direct violation of a revised Ofcom General Condition.  I find it a little odd that you should take such grave exception to my being dissatisfied as a customer with actions by your company that are in themselves inherently inflammatory and provocative but do not seem to think it was in any way wrong for your company to fail to implement an amendment to Ofcom's General Conditions on the date required by Ofcom.

Continued/........................
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:29pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #35 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:28pm

Quote:
When I originally moved my business to your company 18 months ago after Post Office Homephone annoyed me by charging me for 03 calls that should have been part of free off peak calls allowance and by replacing their 0800 customer service number with an 0845 number I did so because your Anytime Calls package was much better value than BT's but since then Ofcom have de-regulated BT pricing so that an anytime calls package and line rental with yourcalls.net is scarcely any cheaper or no cheaper than the same deal with BT for anyone who uses the Caller Display service (that is the vast majority of telephone customers).  In those circumstances when yourcalls.net are no cheaper than BT and then try to offer an inferior service to BT by blocking Indirect Access services it is surely small wonder that I should be upset by these actions?  I wonder how you therefore hope to be able to expand and grow your telecoms business in such circumstances?

Dear Mr Bloodworth I cannot force you to let me remain as a customer of your company but I do not regard most of the currently available alternatives for line rental on my non LLUed exchange as being any more attractive or palatable and nearly all of them are subject to a 12 month contract requirement when I can foresee some circumstances when I may need to give up my home at this address within the next 12 months.  In those circumstances I would ask you to reconsider your decision to force me to leave you as a customer as I am entirely happy to remain with you as long as I can use Indirect Access services where I choose to. Alternatively if you still insist that I move my business elsewhere then I would politely ask that you extend your original deadline of 17th July to allow me to do so.  I am away from home again for a little over two weeks as of next Monday and as I am very busy between now and then I would appreciate it if you could allow a further two months for me to move my business elsewhere in the event that you do not wish me to remain a customer of yourcalls.net

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:30pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #36 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 9:34pm

I have also sent this email to Steve Robertson, CEO of BT Openreach, who provide the Wholesale Line Rental call platform that delivers the underlying telephone service billed and invoiced by www.yourcalls.net

Quote:
Subject:      Threat by Yourcalls.net to Unilaterally Terminate Phone/Broadband Line Without My Agreement
Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 2009 20:48:22 +0100
To:      steven.robertson@openreach.co.uk
CC:      tim.barclay@openreach.co.uk, amy.chalfen@openreach.co.uk, anne.heal@openreach.co.uk

Dear Mr Robertson,

Threat by Yourcalls.net to Unilaterally Terminate Phone/Broadband Line Without My Agreement

I thought that you and some of your colleagues might be interested in the below email dialogue with Owen Bloodworth of Comms Factory/YourCalls.net regarding the sudden denial of my ability to access Indirect Access functionality with services such as www.18185.co.uk on my domestic phone line for which the underlying delivery agent appears to be BT Openreach (via Wholesale Line Rental).

The history is that staff from yourcalls.net formerly posted on the www.moneysavingexpert.com and www.saynoto0870.com discussion forums that it was not their company's policy to apply Indirect Access Call Barring to their customer's phone lines before I decided to join them as a customer in late 2007 after a disagreement with Post Office Homephone about their switch from an 0800 to 0845 customer service number and charging me for calls to numbers staring 03 that should have been within my free off peak calls allowance.  More recently I temporarily withdrew my payment mandate with yourcalls.net after they tried to charge me for 0845 and 0870 calls in March and April that they had previously indicated in an email were now part of my inclusive call minutes only to change their mind after the event and decide the calls were only free for those who also took broadband with them.  After this although I provided a new credit card number when the dispute was resolved yourcalls.net still failed to take a payment correctly then and temporarily barred all outgoing chargeable calls access on my line and after it was restored Indirect Access functionality for all Indirect  Access codes on my line was barred (previously Indirect Access functionality had been available).  I queried this with Mr Bloodworth and he maintained it was an intentional act by yourcalls.net and that I was breaching their terms and conditions by using Indirect Access.  But now after a few weeks away from home I return to my home to find that my ability to use Indirect Access functionality has mysteriously returned.

Meanwhile Mr Bloodworth appears to have suffered a fit of peak and has threatened to disconnect my phone line if I do not place an order to move to another phone company by July 17th even though I am now happy to remain with yourcalls.net following restoration of Indirect Access functionality.  I think there are a large number of policy issues connected with a WLR operator threatening to terminate the line of a customer who does not owe them any money due to a personality clash when such an act would also disconnect the customer's broadband service and when the phone company  does not provide the broadband service.  I would have thought that if they no longer wish to keep as a phone line customer the most power they should have is to forcibly revert the customer's line to BT Retail unless the customer expresses a preference for an alternate telecoms company or notifies them that he wishes the line to be ceased.  I should also add that in all the circumstances I would go back to BT Retail were BT Retail not ludicrously demanding a 12 month minimum contract on a piece of wire they installed 18 years ago and where they are making no investment whatsoever in me coming back to them as a customer.  I do not want to be in that position as I may possibly leave this address (either by renting my flat out or by selling it) during the next 12 months.  In either circumstance I would not continue to be the BT customer and might not have a phone line of my own at the address I moved to.

I think someone at BT Openreach needs to investigate if yourcalls.net is entitled to act in this way by threatening to cut off my phone line without my permission when I am not in debt to them and would consequentially also be disconnecting my broadband service that I do not even take from yourcalls.net/Comms Factory Group.  Perhaps you could also investigate why BT Openreach allegedly (according to staff at yourcalls/net who I have challenged this with) provides yourcalls.net with phone call cost information that causes them to give me misleading price indications under the Consumer Protection Act 1987 in my online phone bills by calling 0845 numbers calls "Local Rate" calls and 0870 numbers "National Rate"

I look forward to your comments.

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #37 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:05pm

Welcome back from holiday, NGMsGhost. You are back on your usual form keeping us abreast of your plight and your usual non-succinct correspondence.

Having read through the e-mails you have posted today I am left wondering what it is you are actually moaning about. All telephone providers except BT can choose which numbers and access codes they allow their customers to connect to.

You are free to leave YourCalls.net if its service offering no longer comes up to that which you desire. This is the principle of a free market where consumers choose their provider, a process which you are often quick to champion for telecommunications services.

It is interesting to note that you regard the telephone line to your premises as yours. As someone who proclaims to have studied economics, I thought that you would understand that private companies have no obligation to enter into a service agreement with any consumer.

As the telephone line and the retail provider you pay for calls is private, it is laughable that you should be begging YourCalls.net not to give you the boot else BT Retail should accept you as a customer by default.

I think you should get over it and move to another provider.
« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:23pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #38 - Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:43pm

Dave wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:05pm:
Welcome back from holiday, NGMsGhost. You are back on your usual form keeping us abreast of your plight and your usual non-succinct correspondence.

Hi Dave,

I see my concern over your failure to properly take advantage of the unique opportunity you had to hit Ofcom and its representative (Gareth Davies) between the eyes during your Radio 4 interview a few months ago is still an issue and you are looking for any opportunty to score points in the opposite direction.  It seems a great pity that you are not able to deploy your razor sharp written wit in to verbal form when you appear on BBC National Radio. Tongue

Quote:
Having read through the e-mails you have posted today I am left wondering what it is you are actually moaning about. All telephone providers except BT can choose which numbers and access codes they allow their customers to connect to.

My complaint is that Ofcom's idea of competition in telecoms services is seemingly one in which consumers are enslaved by a single telecoms supplier with whom they must make all their POTS type telephone calls for the next 12 or 18 months unless that supplier is BT.  All other suppliers are allowed to hook you in with just one headline cheap call rate while omitting crucial aspects of their tariff that make up the call costs such as minimum call connection fee, their charges to NTS numbers, charges to 118 numbers etc, etc. One of my particular beefs with yourcalls.net is that they fail to publish a complete tariff of all their call rates to potential customers and also try to withhold this information from their actual customers once you join them.

Unlike gas or electricty telephony is a switched service.  That being so I see no problem with paying one company to maintain the phone line who will enjoy a monopoly while I am a phone line rental customer but being able to switch each and every call I make with whomever I please.  In my view a line rental charge of around £11 per month (the most expensive for any utility in the UK by miles) should be more than enough for the line rental company to make a profit out of supplying and maintaining the line in its own right.  It should not expect to derive further revenue from me also routing all my calls with it, even when some of its rates are highly price uncompetitive.  With petrol I buy Petrol at Tesco today, Shell tomorrow and Esso the next day.  I do not find Shell compelling me to buy all my petrol from them for the next year as a condition for crossing the threshhold of one of its forecourts.  With other utility suppliers (or at least gas and electricity) by and large you can cut and run when you like, albeit that Ofgem allows an unreasonable 6 weeks or so for the transfer to complete but with fixed line telephony Ofcom has simply provided an oppprtunity for the big boys to enslave customers on rolling contracts who find it near impossible to leave, even when they get bad service.  I fail to see why you have such an issue with me expecting the telecoms market to be fully competitive and me thinking it perfectly reasonable that all rental suppliers be forced to offer Indirect Access.  We all know that BT is the only actual installer and maintainer of the non cable fixed line phone line network.  Its not as though these other WLR providers actually go and install their own phone exchanges or own phone lines.  OK possibly they do to some extent in full TalkTalk LLU areas but I don't live in one of those and nor do people living on about 4.000 of the UK's 5,500 telephone exchanges.

Quote:
You are free to leave YourCalls.net if its service offering no longer comes up to that which you desire. This is the principle of a free market where consumers choose their provider, a process which you are often quick to champion for telecommunications services.

No I am only free to be enslaved by a new supplier on a minimum 12 month contract on an old piece of copper wire laid by BT 18 years ago in which all the investment costs are long since amortised.  How is it justified for the network owner's retail subsidiary (BT Retail) to require me to sign up to it for at least 12 months if I return to it from Yourcalls when there is a zero cost in me returning to them and they make no investment in me in terms of equipment etc.  Ofcom have allowed a cosy cartel to grow up where they do not make long contracts illegal except where there is physical investment in hardware to support new customers on the exchange.  Their system is to allow a land grab by TalkTalk et al after which it is near impossible to leave (think of the costs of returning to BT from TalkTalk LLU).

Quote:
It is interesting to note that you regard the telephone line to your premises as yours. As someone who proclaims to have studied economics, I thought that you would understand that private companies have no obligation to enter into a service agreement with any consumer.

The phone line is owned by BT who have a Universal Service Obligation and the line is usually also many years old.  I fail to see why the switching functionality is any different when I merely sign up for an enhanced convenience version of CPS with another calls supplier called WLR.  As far as I know BT Openreach still get the same cash for maintaining the phone line infrastructure and the WLR company is not doing it so why should I still not be able to switch my calls with whoever I please Huh Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2009 at 12:05am by Dave »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #39 - Jul 16th, 2009 at 2:54am

NGMsGhost wrote on Jul 14th, 2009 at 11:43pm:
My complaint is that Ofcom's idea of competition in telecoms services is seemingly one in which consumers are enslaved by a single telecoms supplier with whom they must make all their POTS type telephone calls for the next 12 or 18 months unless that supplier is BT.  All other suppliers are allowed to hook you in with just one headline cheap call rate while omitting crucial aspects of their tariff that make up the call costs such as minimum call connection fee, their charges to NTS numbers, charges to 118 numbers etc, etc. One of my particular beefs with yourcalls.net is that they fail to publish a complete tariff of all their call rates to potential customers and also try to withhold this information from their actual customers once you join them.

"Enslaved"; I like it! I have visions of a newspaper cartoon starring Pooh Bear and his honey pot shaped telephone with Ofcom, played by the devil (and accompanied by BT) trying to steal it.  Grin

In essence, I agree that there are alot of unfair and sharp practices going on in the telecommunications industry, and revenue sharing numbers is just one (albeit a large one).

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge