Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
PETITION to No. 10 - Prevent doctors using 0844 (Read 234,503 times)
loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Re: PETITION to No. 10 - Prevent doctors using 084
Reply #225 - Mar 14th, 2010 at 3:50pm

evenasus wrote on Mar 13th, 2010 at 9:23am:
[
size=12]My daughter-in-law had to ring this surgery last month when my grandson was very ill. She was worried sick and didn't think about the cost of the call - or calls as it turned out. She started ringing at 8am but she didn't know that the phone wasn't answered until 8'15am. She received her phone bill yesterday. Those calls cost her £3. 90!  Shocked This is disgusting! How can doctors MAKE money out of their patients.  Angry Are they not paid enough already!
[/size]

evenasus  I believe you have been sent a private message.   To read any private message --- first make sure you are logged in, then look at the top left of any page in this Forum and you will see a note of private messages for you, just click on there to read them.   Regards, loddon.

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #226 - Mar 19th, 2010 at 10:43am

A briefing on the current situation is published:

Will the BMA be able to beat the government by enabling GPs to continue using expensive telephone numbers?

This will be very widely circulated as a briefing and commentary.

Members may wish to discuss any aspect of this in response. Please email or PM me with any tactical suggestions that may be best not discussed in this public forum.

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #227 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 11:26am

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

I would like to ask a general question of all readers and contributors to this Forum who have a particular interest in the problem of doctors (GPs) using 0845 and 0844 numbers.

Some assiduous people have managed to find out the geographic number which lies behind their own GP's much disliked 0844 and 0845.    I ask all the of you who are lucky enough to be able to use an alternative geographic number HOW WELL DOES IT WORK FOR YOU?    
Have you noticed any differences between when you use the geo number and when you use the 084 number?
Have you found any particular problems?
Have you found any improvements or benefits?
Is the phone answered any differently when you use the geo number?

This is a terribly important matter and I hope as many people as possible will respond.    We really need to get as much information as possible on this.    If anybody wishes they are most welcome to respond to me by private message if they do not want to say things in the open Forum.

All feedback and information will be treated confidentially if you ask, and will be invalualble to us in our ongoing campaign about GP's numbers.

Please respond as fully as you can and MANY THANKS for your help. 

Best wishes to all NHS patients in their battle to avoid 084 numbers.
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2010 at 11:33am by loddon »  
Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

Keith

Surrey
Reply #228 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 1:51pm

My doctor gives out an 0870 number for overseas calls so I use that (I'm on BT). It gets through to the same set of options and messages.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #229 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 11:35am

Just in case it is missed on your other post in the Geographical Requests thread.

My surgery still has the geo number it had before they introduced their 0844 number, in fact it is on some, (?), doctors prescriptions! and on their website, although in the practice they have a scrolling board with various info on it including the "new" 0844 number.

I use the geo number when I need to phone them so cannot comment on how the 0844 works.

When I use the geo number it is answered pretty quickly by a human with them saying hello then the name of the practice, I then can ask whatever I like really, including booking an appointment.

So all in all it works well for me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge