Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Hall of Fame (including Hall of Shame) (Read 522,809 times)
CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Re: Hall of Fame (including Hall of Shame)
Reply #165 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:53am

They do seem to have missed that completely...

It also appears here: http://www.nationaltrustholidays.org.uk/contact-us/

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #166 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:59am

"Our 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute from BT landlines and 0344 numbers are charged at local rate."

Seriously?

They appear to not have even the most basic understanding and need to read this:
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/the-cost-of-contacting-08-and-03-telephone-numbers

A distinct 'local rate' ceased to exist in 2004. Both Ofcom and ASA issued a note about this in 2005.

All they need is:

Calls to 03 numbers are inclusive from landlines and mobiles else charged at 'geographic rate' - the same as 01 and 02 numbers.

Calls to 0844 number incur an Xp per minute Service Charge plus your phone provider's Access Charge.

If people call a number with a Service Charge to get the brochure, there can be no claim that the brochure is "free".

It would be far better if they changed all their numbers to 03.

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:24am by Ian01 »  

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #167 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 10:05am

Oh dear NT.

I have just e-mailed them about the 0844 number, and await a reply.

If and when I get one I will also point that out to them!  Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #168 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 11:38am

Ian01 wrote on Feb 2nd, 2016 at 9:59am:
"Our 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute from BT landlines and 0344 numbers are charged at local rate."

Seriously?

They appear to not have even the most basic understanding and need to read this:
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/the-cost-of-contacting-08-and-03-telephone-numbers

A distinct 'local rate' ceased to exist in 2004. Both Ofcom and ASA issued a note about this in 2005.

All they need is:

Calls to 03 numbers are inclusive from landlines and mobiles else charged at 'geographic rate' - the same as 01 and 02 numbers.

Calls to 0844 number incur an Xp per minute Service Charge plus your phone provider's Access Charge.

If people call a number with a Service Charge to get the brochure, there can be no claim that the brochure is "free".

It would be far better if they changed all their numbers to 03.

Apologies Ian, I appeared to comment before I had seen the full extent of your post.  I wholeheartedly agree.

Smiley

EDIT: Would you believe it.... just called 0344 800 2072 and it works! It's the brochure line....
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2016 at 11:40am by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #169 - Feb 2nd, 2016 at 12:14pm

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #170 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 8:39am

Another one for the hall of shame.

http://www.tunstall.co.uk/contact

Although an 01 number is prominent they are still using several 0844 numbers.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
HospitalCare of America Flouting 0845 Number Rules
Reply #171 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 2:34am

I just wanted to report a new and particularly disgraceful entry for the Hall of Shame in the shape of the Out of Hours medical emergency number for Leaders In Oncology Care of Harley Street, otherwise known as The LOC.

My mother has been receiving exceeding financially profitable (for the owners of this establishment who prefer to go under the UK codename of HCA Healthcare Group whilst not seeming to like to draw to attention to the fact that this in fact stands for HospitalCare of America) treatment for nearly three years now but sadly the cancer she is suffering from has now reached an acute, and seemingly life threatening stage so only recently have I had to turn to a credit card sized plastic card containing an out of hours emergency contact number to obtain medical advice and possibly also arrange emergency hospital admission.

You can naturally therefore imagine my alarm and dismay on finding that this card actually contains the out of hours emergency number of 0845 458 0097 and when I instead first tried calling 0345 458 0097 (which as we know has been pre-reserved for LOC/HCA to switch over to) unfortunately found that number was unobtainable.

Fortunately I did have access to a Post Office Homephone line that gives free calls to 0845 nunbers at the weekend and so used this line to call the 0845 number (in order to avoid no doubt massive per minute charges with Virgin Mobile that would also fall outside my 2,500 minutes per month bundle to 01/02/03 and 075 to 079 UK mobile numbers).

The line in fact turns out to go through to a call centre in Newfoundland, Canada manned by some of the most emotion lacking North Americans you have ever encountered (this possibly seems in some way correlated with being located in a remote often heavily frozen wilderness area) who say that the choice of an 0845 number is nothing at all to do with them (passing the blame squarely back at their client - LOC/HCA).  They did however say that if I called the closed LOC switchboard number on 020 7317 2500 there was an option there to reach their call centre although it might be slower and more complicated to use.

Obviously I also consulted saynoto0870.com's geographic alternatives phone number directory and so  was very disappointed indeed to find no alternative to 0845 458 0097 listed.  Although I have now remedied that error by creating a new listing for LOC - Leaders In Oncology Care (but I note that a search for LOC alone does not however work properly due to strange limitations in searching short name strings on this website, where it is not possible to only match the first three characters in the string being searched) the fact remains that it is extraordinarily annoying that Hospitalcare of America apparently has so little regard for its UK Harley Street patients and/or relatives welfare (in an emergency) that it is happy to see their mobile phone bills rooked with charges of £1 per minute or more if people call the 0845 number (as they are very likely to do in the emotional panic of either they or a relative being very seriously unwell).

In the circumstances I think it is utterly despicable that Hospitalcare of America has so little regard for its patients and their welfare and/or that they seem to feel so immune from complying with pesky local UK regulations (rather in the manner of say Uber) that they have still not managed to complete the easy task of switching this line to its 03 equivalent.  I also have a few other issues with Hospitalcare of America in terms of repeatedly and seemingly unjustifiably over optimistic projections of the likely medical outcome of my mother's cancer treatment with them but those will have to wait for resolution in various other venues.

For now I will confine my efforts here to the matter of the disgraceful continued misuse by LOC and HCA Healthcare Group of the 0845 number, clearly indicating further systemic Compliance failings within the HCA Healthcare Group Operation. Shocked Angry Cry
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2017 at 9:40am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #172 - Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:19pm

Isn't it illegal to use 0845 for anything but sales? Surely this is Customer Service,  therefore cannot be used.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #173 - Oct 2nd, 2017 at 1:50am

derrick wrote on Oct 1st, 2017 at 7:19pm:
Isn't it illegal to use 0845 for anything but sales? Surely this is Customer Service,  therefore cannot be used.

Illegal only mean it contravenes the UK implementation (by Statutory Instrument) of the EU Consumer Rights Directive, hence giving me the right to take an action in the County Court for financial loss in terms of the extra call cost.  Which of course I'm not going to do as I avoided paying to call their ripoff premium rate number.

No doubt the Fat Cat Harley Street Health Scammers will claim that they were far too busy signing off the use of the latest over priced and ultimately patient poisoning chemotherapy drug in order for health insurance companies to be suitably bankrupted in order to have time to worry about a few quid here and there that their customers are being ripped off by on any emergency health advice phone calls.

Also HCA Healthcare Group always play the "You Need The Patient's Permission To Complain" card to try and obstruct any form of complaint against them by other friends or relatives who try to raise any concerns about their actions. Shocked Angry Angry Angry

Anyway so ok this one really got me because here my relative is almost dieing and yet still the 084/7 business telephony abusers are at it trying to profit from my elderly relative's extreme ill health.

As to the rest of our fight any victories we may claim to have scored are very much pyrrhic in nature as BT Group will have recouped all of its lost profits on 084/7 scamming from its continued outrageous and entirely unjustified increases in landline phone rental costs.
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2017 at 7:58am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #174 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 2:50pm

Shaming for Bosch and Neff. Was in John Lewis today and there were labels on their dishwashers that gave 0844 numbers for aftersales service. These appliances hadn't been sitting on the shop floor for years. It's about time they reprinted their labels to give their current numbers which are not 084x.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #175 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 9:52pm

allegro wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 2:50pm:
Shaming for Bosch and Neff. Was in John Lewis today and there were labels on their dishwashers that gave 0844 numbers for aftersales service. These appliances hadn't been sitting on the shop floor for years. It's about time they reprinted their labels to give their current numbers which are not 084x.

Both appear to have a feedback section on their respective websites.  I will send some feedback to them tomorrow.  Smiley

EDIT: Feedback has now been provided to both with regards to the labels.  Unsurprisingly both brands are owned by BSH Group along with a few other major brands.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2017 at 1:49pm by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #176 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 8:17am

Shaming for Yamaha and, surprisingly, Which.

Which magazine gives lists of contact details for various manufacturers of equipment they review. I was surprised to see an 0844 number listed for Yamaha, and without a not as to cost of calling.

Which were simply quoting Yamaha themselves:
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/contacts/

Illegal use of 0844 and incorrect statement of call cost.

IP Logged

derrick
Supreme Member

Reply #177 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 12:48pm

allegro wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 8:17am:
Shaming for Yamaha and, surprisingly, Which.

Which magazine gives lists of contact details for various manufacturers of equipment they review. I was surprised to see an 0844 number listed for Yamaha, and without a not as to cost of calling.

Which were simply quoting Yamaha themselves:
https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/contacts/

Illegal use of 0844 and incorrect statement of call cost.

They actually state "calls from a BT landline are charged at a local rate".

Note RoI get an 01 number.

IP Logged

allegro

Reply #178 - Nov 22nd, 2017 at 8:05pm

Another company who should know better. Loaf, a furniture maker who advertise extensively in London.

http://loaf.com/

0845 number (which might be acceptable as a sales line) without any mention of call charges.

IP Logged

Ian01
Supreme Member

Reply #179 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 10:07pm

Businesses using premium rate 084 or 087 numbers make callers pay up to 62p or 68p per minute just so they can benefit from revenue of about 5p or 10p per minute.

When used for sales lines, the message that is conveyed is "don't buy from us, shop somewhere else".

« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2017 at 10:11pm by Ian01 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge