Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
HMRC - Child Tax Credit Helpline woes (Read 109,884 times)
SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: HMRC - Child Tax Credit Helpline woes
Reply #30 - Jun 30th, 2010 at 1:00am

Dave wrote on Jun 8th, 2010 at 10:59am:
A thread on the move to the 0845 number is here.

The following comment is also posted in the thread referred to above.

With reference to the DWP (and HMRC and others), I have noted, and commented on, the following item from the Sunday Mirror -

As this forum is structured for discussion rather than news postings, I am never sure whether members in general are interested in such bland contributions as that above, or if each should have a new thread in the expectation of stimulating a debate.

Those who may wish to follow developments on campaigns that I am engaged in may wish to subscribe to news feeds that I maintain. If any item, such as that referred to above, is considered worthy of discussion, then it could be brought into this forum. I believe that members in general should decide what it is that they wish to discuss in the forum. (I am well aware that there are many who do not wish to see contributions from myself.)

In addition to those which are general to my campaigning efforts, I now also offer feeds on specific topics. The feeds may be viewed and subscribed to at this link.

N.B. There is no cost involved, "subscription" is free of any charge. Furthermore, there is no monetary gain for me from my feeds or my blogs.

I would be delighted to hear from anyone who has suggestions about the presentation, wishes to propose items for inclusion (current or historic) or wishes to invite me to subscribe to their feeds of related material.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2010 at 6:10pm by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: HMRC - Child Tax Credit Helpline woes
Reply #31 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 2:46pm

Source: TheyWorkForYou.com

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wrans/?id=2010-07-06b.5363.h

Quote:
Revenue and Customs: Telephone Numbers
Treasury
Written answers and statements, 6 July 2010

Philip Davies (Shipley, Conservative)

To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer what arrangements are in place for the payment of charges for calls to the 0845 numbers used by HM Revenue and Customs.

David Gauke (Exchequer Secretary, HM Treasury; South West Hertfordshire, Conservative)

HMRC does not receive any revenue directly through the use of 0845 numbers.

HMRC's Contact Centre telephony is provided through a commercial arrangement called the Telephony Managed Service. This takes account of the in-payments HMRC's telephony service provider receives from licensed operators carrying 0845 calls. The arrangement ensures that the Telephony Managed Service is provided at the lowest cost while remaining flexible enough to adapt to business and customer needs.

HMRC is aware that the cost of calling its 0845 helplines can be an issue for some of its customers. HMRC is in the process of carrying out an in depth review of its telephone numbering strategy, looking at ways to reduce the costs to customers while balancing the costs to HMRC and the performance of its Contact Centre network.

A user of a 0845 number benefits to the tune of 1 pence per minute during the weekday daytime, and this is by design and not variable by any "commercial arrangement" between it and its provider. This is the premium attached to the inter-operator payment which the user's telephone provider will receive.

Perhaps we can find out how many call minutes HMRC receive on its premium numbers and thus calculate the taxman's undeclared income!
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2010 at 2:51pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge