Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
SayNoTo118800.co.uk (Read 90,031 times)
sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: SayNoTo118800.co.uk
Reply #75 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 1:27pm

Barry, your web site is inaccurate.

You say, How much will it cost a Lunatic or Serial Killer to get my number from 118800?
£1

Not true.

I quote from the 118800 web site

118 800 mobile phone number directory never gives out anyone's mobile number. Not even to their closest friend.

If someone wants to get in touch, and we have your number, we contact your mobile and tell you who they are. If you reject the call, they don't get through - and they don't have your number.

But if you're happy to talk, they'll get through and you can choose whether or not to share your number.

End quote

That just about sums it all up
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2009 at 1:28pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Mobile118

Reply #76 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 6:01pm

The business, concept, videos and misleading people to think this is a solution is so terrible,  I almost wonder if Barry is involved with 118 800? Through Barry’s inaccurate quotes we are actually defending their service!!!  Cry And taking our eye off the real problem in the first place 118 800.

Barry, if you really do think this is a great idea, please be transparent to your end users about the costs, be honest that isn’t the only solution they can cancel their number on 118 800 (oh god I am standing up for them now) and explain how they can opt out or cancel their ‘safe’ number when you move onto to another project.

IP Logged

stop118800

Reply #77 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 11:03am

I swear I've seen Barry 'Bazza' Issell on Rouge Traders.  I believe at the time he was sporting a pair of ill fitting overalls and carrying a fake Corgi Registered ID.  Just kidding Bazzy.  I never saw this episode.

So let me get this right Baz. You are 40ish, retired and have taken up the fight for the common man.  Out of all the causes that trouble our land, the mobile directory battle stood out enough to warrant an office and 2 additional staff (working for free of course as they too have wealth and an urge to do right), website, video promotion and not forgetting flying a 20ft blimp over your town.

Sounds plauable? Yeah right.  Of course Bazzo if this story was true you would have done it different.  You may have bought a domain name, say www.118800-remove-my-number.co.uk and hosted a freely available blog using www.wordpress.org.  You would have then used this blog to highlight the problem and then provide links to petitions, related news and articles as well as supply contact information for Connectivity so that people can actually attempt to remove their numbers. 

You can consider the above example an legitimate way for one man to fight the system online.  The outlay for a £5 domain name and free hosting is negligible and shouldn't be perceived to have an agenda.  Which brings me to your approach.

You are harvesting the very data at the center of the problem.  The design and copy of your website suggests you are selling a service.  You come across as a man that has a background in marketing.

"This is the world famous SayNoTo118800 Blimp being flown over a busy retail park adjacent to the A1M Motorway at St.Neots in Cambridgeshire"

World famous? Get real Bazzola. 

"Nothing like a good lawsuit to keep you on your toes"

Familiar territory huh.

You're outlaying money that can only mean you have an invested interest.  I'm not buying the I'm rich, retired and passionate about privacy crap. Man I swear I laughed-out-loud just typing that. You won't convince any of the seasoned scam sniffers here on this forum but you know this as you have tried, and tried and tried and...

Whilst you can't mug us you will undoubtedly harvest numbers from unsuspecting members of the public. It is only fair that they see discussions such as this one.

www.saynoto118800-warning.co.uk

I run the blog at www.118800-remove-my-number.co.uk and it currently sits on Yahoo right under www.118800.co.uk when anyone types "118800", and I'll do the same service for my fellow citizens against your 'service'.

Question.  Why not just link your website to these 'safe' number websites?  Surely you've nothing to gain by acting as a broker? Oh wait Bazzywazzy!  I just got it.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #78 - Sep 8th, 2009 at 12:35pm

Interesting that we have not heard fro the infamous Barry since the 11th August, especially as he has visited this site since, then perhaps he has run out of things to say or has releasid that his idea was a bit silly in the first place. Grin

I see his site is still full of inaccuracies  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #79 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 11:46am

sherbert wrote on Sep 8th, 2009 at 12:35pm:
Interesting that we have not heard fro the infamous Barry since the 11th August, especially as he has visited this site since, then perhaps he has run out of things to say or has releasid that his idea was a bit silly in the first place. Grin

I was rash enough to fill in details on his website just to see if one of the promised 070 numbers was ever provided but so far it never has been.

It therefore appears that the sole purpose of this website is to harvest names and email addresses and sell them to other parties. Shocked Angry Angry Angry

<div style=

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #80 - Sep 19th, 2009 at 12:14pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Sep 19th, 2009 at 11:46am:
It therefore appears that the sole purpose of this website is to harvest names and email addresses and sell them to other parties. Shocked Angry Angry Angry

It is as we suspected all along, this man and his outfit are as dodgy as each other
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2009 at 12:14pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

saynoto118800

Reply #81 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 2:03pm

Hi, Barry here.

I'm glad you are keen to take avail of the service NGNsghost - please feel free to try again. It is quite possible that you made a small error when inputting your details.

Sherbert - your unfounded allegations will get you into trouble.

Kind regards,

Barry

www.saynoto118800.co.uk

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #82 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 2:50pm

Barry, I refer you to reply #75

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #83 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 3:06pm

saynoto118800 wrote on Sep 20th, 2009 at 2:03pm:
I'm glad you are keen to take avail of the service NGNsghost - please feel free to try again. It is quite possible that you made a small error when inputting your details.

No I definitely filled them in correctly and strangely enough since doing so I have received a large number of unsolicited phone calls in the last week or two from organisations selling things, despite my longstandin registration with the TPS. Shocked Angry Smiley

<div style=

IP Logged

saynoto118800

Reply #84 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 4:40pm

NGNsghost, we checked our records and can find no record whatsover of you inputting your details.

You have been reported.  Angry

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #85 - Sep 20th, 2009 at 6:20pm

saynoto118800 wrote on Sep 20th, 2009 at 4:40pm:
NGNsghost, we checked our records and can find no record whatsover of you inputting your details.

Well I actually put them in more than once.  So that just shows what a pile of rubbish your website is.  Also please do tell me what records you are looking for as I obviously won't be NGMs Ghost in your database. Wink

Quote:
You have been reported.  Angry

Who are you reporting me to then? :question

<div style=

IP Logged

stop118800

Reply #86 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 6:12pm

saynoto118800 wrote on Sep 20th, 2009 at 4:40pm:

Did you search for NGNsghost as a first or surname?  Roll Eyes

Give up Baz.

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #87 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 10:53pm

Are the numbers allocated and emailed automatically by saynoto11800, or are they processed manually?

I have also filled in a request ... no email with my own "safe number" has arrived either.  Although, I did give it an old, but valid 070 number as the mobile, which the website at least took quite happily...

I'll be monitoring the spam levels on phone number and email...

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #88 - Sep 23rd, 2009 at 11:01pm

irrelevant wrote on Sep 23rd, 2009 at 10:53pm:
I'll be monitoring the spam levels on phone number and email...

Prepare  to be flooded with calls from dodgy monitored burglar alarm companies, health insurance plan operators and will writing services, all of which withold their number.

And no you won't ever receive the promised 070 "Safe Number".

<div style=

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #89 - Sep 24th, 2009 at 10:02am

Several questions I have on this topic...

Why would anyone want to register with 'Saynoto 118800.co.uk' when '118800.co.uk' is not even up and running, infact I think it was only running for a couple of days, if that.

Why does 'Saynoto118800.co.uk' need an email address as well? Is it so they can have a database of email addresses as well as mobile numbers so they can 'sell on'?

On the 'Saynoto 11880' web site it states
  As widely reported in the media, the new mobile ‘phone directory enquiry service
    ‘118800’ will be providing details of your mobile ‘phone number to anyone who
         asks for it.

This is not true as on the 118800.co.uk web site it states

118 800 mobile phone number directory never gives out anyone's mobile number. Not even to their closest friend.

If someone wants to get in touch, and we have your number, we contact your mobile and tell you who they are. If you reject the call, they don't get through - and they don't have your number.

How can Barry check the details people like NGMsGhost who says that he has not received his so called safe number  from his web site?

Is Barry going to answer the very importent question that as soon as NGMsGhost 'registered' he has been flooded with a large number of unsolicited phone calls in the last week or two from organisations selling things....this can be hardly a coincidence.

Why doesn't Barry asnwer the questions many members have put on this topic
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2009 at 10:05am by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge