<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
SayNoTo118800.co.uk (Read 89,806 times)
saynoto118800

Re: SayNoTo118800.co.uk
Reply #60 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 7:09pm

NGN'sGhost, Just because you are told something will not work by a few people, does not mean that will neccesarily be the case !

Double glazing sales are up this month  Roll Eyes

'Bazza' Issell

wwwSayNoTo1188800.co.uk
66-68 St. Loyes Street
Bedford MK40 1EZ

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #61 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 7:19pm

[quote
Double glazing sales are up this month  Roll Eyes

[/quote]

There speaks a man of double glazing experience? Huh

I have to agree with NGMsGhost with what he says, if someone wants to promote his company on video, at least put a collar and tie on and remove juvenile stickers from your filing cabinets and try and be a bit more fluent in your presentation, then we just might take you a little more seriously.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #62 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 7:28pm

sherbert wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 7:19pm:
I have to agree with NGMsGhost with what he says, if someone wants to promote his company on video, at least put a collar and tie on and remove juvenile stickers from your filing cabinets and try and be a bit more fluent in your presentation, then we just might take you a little more seriously.

The inability to take them seriously really came at the point at which they selected one of the most deliberately misused and evil number ranges ever permitted by Ofcom as a means of allegedly protecting the public from being scammed and having the audacity and stupidity to call them "safe numbers".

The videos with the blimps and showing Barry in his office have only then subsequently helped reinforce one's inevitable diagnosis that this organisation simply doesn't understand the first thing about the industry in which it now claims to have expertise.

Also Barry complains that we now try to shoot him down but that only in fact reveals his own grotesque misjudgement in wrongly assuming that this website was a useful and appropriate place to demonstrate the main features of his product.  The fact that he cannot even spell my forum name correctly inevitably comes as little surprise.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2009 at 7:32pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

saynoto118800

Reply #63 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 7:34pm

Point taken Sherbert.

I must admit I didn't even think to look behind me when I shot the Video. On refelection it does look unprofessional and I will probably remove the video now.

I was joking about the double glazing ! - I'm not in that type of business.

'Bazza'

www.SayNoTo118800.co.uk
66-68 St.Loyes Street
Bedford MK40 1EZ

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #64 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 7:58pm

saynoto118800 wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 7:34pm:
Point taken Sherbert.

On refelection it does look unprofessional and I will probably remove the video now.

I shouldn't bother Barry as the greater problem for your corporate credibility was surely in the foreground of the shot. Roll Eyes

<div style=

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #65 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 10:12pm

Having made contributions to the original thread covering 118800, I feel as though I should throw in my two ha'peth here.

As a campaigner on the issues (as distinct from those who campaign against other people and organisations) my focus is on the role of the ICO in this matter.

The ICO originally agreed with Connectivity that the service must be subject to the proper regulatory requirements - i.e. that a personal notification was issued to everybody to be listed in the directory, offering the opportunity to opt-out, before that entry could be used. Connectivity later advised that this would not now be possible, as it would have made the service financially unviable. To my knowledge, the ICO has neither confirmed that this is acceptable, nor taken action because of a breach of regulations. My latest advice is that it is leaning towards the former.

Despite clearly breaching the terms of the regulations, there is little danger of any serious breach of meaningful privacy occurring if the 118800 service is operated in the manner that is advised.

The problem is that the alleged protections against abuse cannot possibly be adequate. There can be no absolute assurance that a service based on an essentially invalid directory of names and numbers will not fall into the wrong hands, or that the nature of the hands currently holding it may not change. The present situation relies on the fact that retrospective notification of inclusion in a directory, with the opportunity to opt-out **, and the failure to provide numbers to enquirers, will continue for all time and under all circumstances. Should this change, the ICO will not even become aware of the fact, and then be able to take action after the necessary lengthy delay, until far too late.

(** the pressured circumstances under which such notifications are provided probably cause them to be inadequate anyway)

It is the possibility of the abuse of data, rather than the intentions and capabilities of the present owners, that must be the subject of the most serious concern in all such situations. If that limits worthwhile business activity, or even the security of the state (as in the case of the national identity database), then this is a price we have to pay for our liberties.

It is vital that the ICO takes a principled stand, demanding that the regulations be applied in all cases, refusing to accept that measures can be put in place to offset the ills that the regulations as drafted are seen to be seeking to prevent. This approach must apply even when, as in this case, those measures appear to be generally sufficient. It is for Connectivity to seek for a change to the regulations if it believes that alternative means of opting out are appropriate for its particular service.

Turning to campaigns and the promotion of services under the “Privacy” banner, I am reminded of the launch of “BT Privacy at Home”. This came about during the height of publicly expressed concern about Silent Calls some years ago. The notion, promoted on TV by a renowned libertarian, was that "privacy" was achieved by registration with the Telephone Preference Service and the ability to see the number presented by a caller (if any) before answering a telephone call.

This campaign was very successful in achieving its underlying intention of protecting BT’s business, by preventing its competitors from persuading customers to transfer to them through the cheap and effective technique of telemarketing.

We may each entertain odd ideas about what is meant by “privacy”, and the vital human right that the word describes. I see that as unfortunate, but inevitable and tolerable. When promoters of particular causes and services adopt the word as if it may fairly be used to describe what they are promoting, I have severe concerns.

Whatever the true purpose of SayNoTo118800 may be, its intended and declared objective (expressed by its very name) is to have a commercial impact. Any commercial enterprise must be fundamentally amoral and should be judged accordingly. Let the argument about practical advantages for consumers continue, but let us not allow this to be confused with discussion on matters of principle.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2009 at 10:24pm by SilentCallsVictim »  
IP Logged

MagnumPI

Reply #66 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 10:43pm

Saynoto118800 is as dodgy as the landing gear on S9-SAM !  Grin

Instead of spending 'your spare time' campaigning for mobile phone privacy - why don't you put some effort into maintaining your cr*p Russian planes.

I know who you are Mr Issell. Your a nasty piece of work who should have been banged up with Bout.  
Get a proper job and do something good for a change instead of trying to make another quick buck out of someone elses problems.. Angry

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #67 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:50pm

MagnumPI wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 10:43pm:
Saynoto118800 is as dodgy as the landing gear on S9-SAM !  Grin

So would British Gulf International Airlines be Mr Issell's outfit then?

See http://aviation-safety.net/database/operator/airline.php?var=8270

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Gulf_International_Airlines

Thanks for giving us a steer on this one Magnum.  However strangely I can find no Google link between a Mr Barry Issell and BGIA or Antonovs.  Are we saying that Barry Issell is in fact a made up name for this gentleman?

Either way it certainly seems that I may have been a lot nearer to the mark than I realised when I suggested that SayNoTO118800 may be a Fly By Night operation. Wink Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:54pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

saynoto118800

Reply #68 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 12:26am

S9SAM is one of 1000's of the most robust AN-12 cargo planes ever built Magnum. I don't know who you are but whatever you think you may know - you are totally off-topic and wild accusations like that can get people into trouble - a LOT of trouble  Angry

IP Logged

MagnumPI

Reply #69 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 1:38am

Oh really ? So how do you explain since this year your AN-12's are longer allowed to be flown in UAE airspace them ?
Business taken a downturn has it ?
Looking for alternative means of revenue to fund your dubious Air Freight Operations are we ?

Powerful thing the Internet, Mr Issell...

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #70 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 2:28am

As I have always fancied that Targa roofed Ferrari of yours Magnum I thought I would start using my own sleuthing skills here.

See www.aircess.com/Victor_Bout.htm

Still no sign of a gentleman matching the description of Barry Issell though....................

There again looking more closely could Barry be Victor's older English speaking brother or cousin? Wink

See www.victorbout.com
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2009 at 2:36am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #71 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 8:10am

So 'Mr Issell' is this your web site http://www.britishgulf.com/ ; ?

If so, why don't you get this 'constructed' before attempting to take on something else?

You have come onto this site for two purposes only, one to promote your attempted new business and the other to try and get some ideas about the telco industry because of your lack of knowledge on this subject. There are many people (me excluded) that have oodles of knowledge about the telecommunication industry and put their thoughts and views on this site (and this thread) in a superb way. You have come here asking what we all think, and you do not like the answers because they are not what you want or were expecting to read.

I think the administrators would agree with me that this site was not set up for people to try and promote their new businesses but to help people to save money when making telephone calls and this is where I have tried to help.

I am now going to spend the next few days on trying to find out who you really are.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #72 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 9:19am

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #73 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 10:34am

sherbert wrote on Aug 15th, 2009 at 9:19am:

Could this possibly be from the Barry Issell school of English?

Quote:
The aircrafts are regularly inspected; serviced and maintained in very good technical condition thereby ensuring increased safety and reliability.

More on the Bout brothers and the Air Cess empire at http://www.chichakli.net/PDF_Docs/AirCess%20and%20the%20Bout%20brothers.pdf

I notice that Mr Bout also seems to have the same passion for having several YouTube videos on his website as www.saynoto118800.co.uk

See http://www.victorbout.com/Videos.htm

Unfortunately I couldn't find a photograph anywhere on the web of Michael Herridine.   See www.aircess.com/employees.htm
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2009 at 10:59am by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #74 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 12:14pm

Reading this thread http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1248847207/45

our 'friend' Barry appears as we have long suspected has no idea what he is talking about and is pumping members for information on how to start his new venture and as we have said here before is doomed to fail

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, Dave, DaveM, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge