Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45
Send Topic Print
GPs all over England (not just in South Yorkshire) (Read 900,448 times)
derrick
Supreme Member

Re: Doctors Surgeries
Reply #360 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 11:27am

My surgery still has the geo number it had before they introduced their 0844 number, in fact it is on some, (?), doctors prescriptions! and on their website, although in the practice they have a scrolling board with various info on it including the "new" 0844 number.

I use the geo number when I need to phone them so cannot comment on how the 0844 works.

When I use the geo number it is answered pretty quickly by a human with them saying hello then the name of the practice, I then can ask whatever I like really, including booking an appointment.

So all in all it works well for me.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #361 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 12:55pm

loddon wrote on Mar 30th, 2010 at 11:24am:
THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

I would like to ask a general question of all readers and contributors to this Forum who have a particular interest in the problem of doctors (GPs) using 0845 and 0844 numbers.

Some assiduous people have managed to find out the geographic number which lies behind their own GP's much disliked 0844 and 0845.    I ask all the of you who are lucky enough to be able to use an alternative geographic number HOW WELL DOES IT WORK FOR YOU?    
Have you noticed any differences between when you use the geo number and when you use the 084 number?
Have you found any particular problems?
Have you found any improvements or benefits?
Is the phone answered any differently when you use the geo number?

Loddon, I use Little Common Surgery - Based near Bexhill, East Sussex.

They have the dredded NEG telephone "service" , and using SNT0870 I found the Geographic number for them. It goes straight through to the IVR menu, and allows me to select the option I require at no extra cost to myself. I've programmed it into our home telephone as well to avoid my parents forgetting and calling the 0844 number and running up a bill! (FYI we pay for the extra BT anytime calls pack)

Smiley

On a seperate note my Sister uses a surgery closer to Bexhill, and they also have the same NEG "service" but as yet the Geographic number has proved VERY hard to locate!

So if ANYONE on here uses Dr Lawton & Partners, Albert Rd, Bexhill, then please let me know on here or via a PM if u have the Geographic number that works.

Edited:
The postings in response to CJT-80's request for an alternative to Dr Lawton & Partners' surgery have been split off into a separate thread here.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2010 at 11:42am by Dave »  

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #362 - Apr 4th, 2010 at 12:59pm

Dave wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 2:30pm:
lottie1 wrote on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 12:57pm:
Hi Dave. The surgery is MANOR PLACE SURGERY LONDON SE17.

TEL 0844 477 3699.

Further to my previous posting, I see that some staff at Manor Place Surgery also work at Sir John Kirk Close Surgery.  Huh

Paul Hillman is practice manager for both and Dr Venetia Herzmark and Dr Jonty Heaversedge who are partners at Manor Place also practice at Sir John Kirk Close.

Dr Heaversedge has worked on a number of BBC programmes.

Dave, I note the Dr has an e-mail address, perhaps it's worth someone local to him dropping him an e-mail and SEEING if we can get him to work with us on abandoning these dreaded numbers within Dr's Surgeries inc his own!

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

loddon
Supreme Member

Reading  UK
Reply #363 - Apr 5th, 2010 at 7:59am

Thank you CJT-80.   That is very useful and helpful information.

Does anyone else have any experience of using alternative geo numbers for GPs or indeed any NHS service?    We would still like to know how it worked for you and whether it worked well or caused you any difficulties.

Campaignagainstripofftelecoms  
IP Logged

JoeCurry

Reply #364 - Apr 24th, 2010 at 1:01pm

Folk should lobby their parliamentary candidates to discover whether their parties will outlaw these
dreadful surgery numbers.
I contacted my local Scottish Parliament SNP member (they are responsible for the NHS in Scotland)
and still no reply after two weeks.
I think we should name and shame our parliamentary representatives for lack of action.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #365 - Apr 24th, 2010 at 1:30pm

JoeCurry wrote on Apr 24th, 2010 at 1:01pm:
Folk should lobby their parliamentary candidates to discover whether their parties will outlaw these
dreadful surgery numbers.
I contacted my local Scottish Parliament SNP member (they are responsible for the NHS in Scotland)
and still no reply after two weeks.
I think we should name and shame our parliamentary representatives for lack of action.

Joe, I have followed your suggestion and contacted my current MP and the 2 MP's running in my area for election.

It's time to make a stand and get these and other "premium" rated contact numbers used for not only NHS but other public services abolished OR insist on alternative numbers provided!  

We already pay for access to these "services" in Tax and or National Insurance.

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

JoeCurry

Reply #366 - Apr 24th, 2010 at 3:31pm

My surgery (Carmondean Medical Group, Livingston) are receiving some £1000 from it's 0844 number (Not sure if that's monthly or per annum) The surgery
reckons the number is more efficient and some twaffle about BT not willing to supply more lines. I have been chasing them and my elected representatives from the day this 0844 number was installed. I'm afraid we have an uphill struggle on our hands. Perhaps OFCOM should get involved?

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #367 - Apr 24th, 2010 at 3:39pm

JoeCurry wrote on Apr 24th, 2010 at 3:31pm:
My surgery (Carmondean Medical Group, Livingston) are receiving some £1000 from it's 0844 number (Not sure if that's monthly or per annum) The surgery
reckons the number is more efficient and some twaffle about BT not willing to supply more lines. I have been chasing them and my elected representatives from the day this 0844 number was installed. I'm afraid we have an uphill struggle on our hands. Perhaps OFCOM should get involved?

The problem is Ofcom have done what they feel to be "right" by providing the 03 numbers.  Sadly it's going to take effort and input from the MP's and their constituents to get this changed as a whole!

However when the likes of NHS Drect and NHS 24 still use 0845 numbers on the basis they are "local rate" we will continue to face resistance!  There is NO need for them to use such a number any longer.. there is already an 03 number available from Ofcom for NHS Direct and I am sure NHS 24 has one waiting for it to use as well...

Regards,

CJT-80

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #368 - Apr 24th, 2010 at 10:42pm

You posted a request previously for help to find the number of your surgery. I asked you for more information, but you haven't been forthcoming. Do you not want help finding the number anymore? Huh

IP Logged

college

Reply #369 - May 18th, 2010 at 1:20pm

Hello

It seems that alot of people are having the same problem with expensive doctors' surgery phone numbers........does anyone know the 'proper' 01277 number for the Chapel Street surgery at 93 Chapel Street, Billericay, Essex please? Not only is it expensive, you have loads of buttons to press, music to listen to, or have to hang on!

Thanks for any help

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #370 - May 18th, 2010 at 2:11pm

college wrote on May 18th, 2010 at 1:20pm:
It seems that alot of people are having the same problem with expensive doctors' surgery phone numbers........does anyone know the 'proper' 01277 number for the Chapel Street surgery at 93 Chapel Street, Billericay, Essex please? Not only is it expensive, you have loads of buttons to press, music to listen to, or have to hang on!

Thanks for this one go to the practice manager for placing her direct number in the public domain.

See this page:
http://jobs.thisistotalessex.co.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.pl?selection=933051156&src...

Her direct number is 01277 635904. I suggest that other DDI numbers (numbers to extensions) at this surgery are 63590x and maybe 63591x (and maybe higher, depending on the number of extensions they have).

I called 01277 635900 and it was answered "Chapel Street Surgery".

Please let us know how you get on. I would like to list the alternative for others to use, so I would like your feedback.

IP Logged

college

Reply #371 - May 18th, 2010 at 2:43pm

Dave
Re Chapel Street surgery............you're a star! Will report back. Thanks

IP Logged

college

Reply #372 - May 18th, 2010 at 3:42pm

Dave - re Chapel Street Surgery, Billericay.............what a find! You're right........ring 01277 635900 and a human being answers the 'phone straightaway 'Chapel Street Surgery'!
The expensive alternative was to ring 0844 477 3945 and find yourself listening to a robot asking you which of the various services you require (an appt etc) and then be kept hanging on to listen to music.
Well done!

IP Logged

JoeCurry

Reply #373 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 5:45pm

An update 3/06/10

From MSP Angela Constance PA.

The following oral question was submitted by Angela  today.

Oral Question General Question Time Thursday 3rd June 2010
Angela Constance: To ask the Scottish Executive how many GP practices use 084 premium rate numbers and whether it has any plans to actively discourage the use of such numbers by GP practices. (S3O-10892)
As soon as the reply is officially published it will be forwarded to you.

I'll keep the forum informed.

Perhaps we should all be pursuing our elected representatives with similar requests?

IP Logged

JoeCurry

Reply #374 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 5:49pm

Dave wrote on Apr 24th, 2010 at 10:42pm:

You posted a request previously for help to find the number of your surgery. I asked you for more information, but you haven't been forthcoming. Do you not want help finding the number anymore? Huh

Sorry Dave..Yes of course.. I have been given 01506 630031 from another source..it was the last geo number used by the surgery.. It does get answered but no identification is given..could it be for staff only?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 45
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge