Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
tfl london Overground (Read 13,037 times)
humanity0_0

tfl london Overground
Jul 6th, 2010 at 11:47am

Could someone help me to find the 0207 no.    for tfl.gov.uk/overground  whose website is www.tfl.gov.uk ;  
   125 Finchley Road
   London
   NW3 6HY

0845 601 4867

Sad Roll Eyes

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Re: tfl london Overground
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 11:54am

Welcome to the forum Smiley

There is a thread running here about TFL, you may be interested in what we have had to say on the matter.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1259188088/63#63

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 4:41pm

humanity0_0 wrote on Jul 6th, 2010 at 11:47am:
Could someone help me to find the 0207 no.    for tfl.gov.uk/overground  whose website is www.tfl.gov.uk    
   125 Finchley Road
   London
   NW3 6HY

0845 601 4867

Hi and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

The TfL (Transport for London) website has an explanation of what the London Overground is:

Quote:
What is London Overground?

London Overground is the suburban network of rail services in London managed by TfL. By 2011 London Overground will go through 20 of London's 33 boroughs. 30 per cent of all Londoners will be less than a 15 minute walk from their local stations.

The LOROL (London Overground Rail Operations Limited) contact page gives the customer services 0845 number given above and main office switchboard number:
http://www.lorol.co.uk/contact-us.html

Try ringing the switchboard on 020 3031 9200 and ask for customer services. Let us know how you get on.
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2010 at 4:42pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 9:04pm

I found this case study on LOROL's communications provider's website:

http://www.voicenet-solutions.com/ip-telephony/case-studies/lorol-case-study

Quote:
London Overground Rail Operations Ltd (LOROL), which is a 50/50 joint venture between John Laing (owners of Chiltern Railways) and MTR of Hong Kong, was selected in November 2007 by Transport for London (TfL) to run trains and 35 stations in and across the capital. Both MTR and Chiltern Both MTR and Chiltern Railways, have a reputation for delivering top quality customer service, and their intention for the (sic)

Quote:
LOROL has over 100 staff, at their main offices in North London, and communicating on the phone to other departments as well as third parties and suppliers such as Network Rail and Tfl is a major aspect of the work.

Quote:
LOROL now has over 100 Cisco phones and a fully operational Hosted VoIP telephone solution installed in their headquarters.

The 0845 number has six options:
1. Information on how Overground trains are running
2. Information on forthcoming weekend engineering works
3. National Rail Enquiries
4. Oyster Helpline
5. Assistance to make journey
6. Customer services

Options 3 and 4 go through to other organisations and they have alternatives in LOROL's range. National Rail Enquiries is on 020 3031 9338 and Oyster Card Helpline is on 9337. I've listed these as alternatives for these two services.

LOROL's Careers helpline is 9268, so it looks like its numbers are 92xx and at least the low end of 93xx.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2010 at 9:06pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

dandy

Reply #4 - Sep 1st, 2010 at 9:24pm

Transport for London,s main customer enquiry line is 0207 222 1234 my experience is that the staff can, if given a specific service , usually assist in connecting the customer through to another related service. I cannot guarantee in all requirements that this will be the case but I have been connected to other London transport services via this particular number. I have never informed them of the landline number I am ringing them on ( the 0207 222 1234 number ) and staff have never asked about it. You get through to an automated answer service then choose the option you want. It might help.

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 4:21pm

Send TfL an FOI. Most of the time they will release the number. Make up some rubbish saying you need to call from abroad for a connection from Stratford, etc etc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge