Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,321,612 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #1035 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 4:23pm

smileyeyes wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 2:53pm:
Dave wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 12:13pm:
A new number has been submitted for Sky Customer Services, 0808 101 4437, and I have put this in the listings.  Wink

Just want to add that for those of you who have their land line with Orange, depending on what 'package' you have, 0808's are chargeable.
Yesterday I rung Orange twice, and both advisors informed me that 0808 are the same as 0800 - free
Today I spent 1 hour talking to Sky on the above number.  I rung Orange a 3rd time just to confirm that the call was free.......
The Manager I spoke to asked 2 separate advisors about 0808 charges for customers who have Home Max Broadband and land line,
and he was told that I would be charged the same as if I had dialled an 0845 number  Shocked  
He has credited my account to cover the cost, and the advisors are for the high jump.  

Probably the same with BT and all providers, depends on the package etc.

So, I am still looking for either a free phone or geo number for Sky.

Orange publishes price guides in PDF for fixed and mobile charges. Home Phone voice call charges can be found at www.orange.co.uk/homevoiceguide and this only makes mention of 0800, 0845 and 0870. There is a breakdown of charges for subranges within other prefixes (0844, 0871, 09 etc) at the end of the document.

Within the table for 05 numbers, it says that 0500 calls are free, but 0808 gets no mention whatsoever.

I am not ware of any landline provider for which 0800 calls are free, but which charges for 0808 calls. I suspect that any confusion could be due to the fact that 0808 numbers have been overlooked during the compilation of the Price Guide, and therefore that an assumption was made that they are chargeable.

Whilst the document does state that 03 calls are inclusive where geographic (01/02) ones are, the call rates given in the table on page 12 are higher than those of chargeable geographic calls. This is either an error or Orange are not complying with Ofcom rules which dictate that 03 calls should not be charged above that of 01/02 calls.

Perhaps, as a Home Phone subscriber, you would like to draw this to Orange's attention. The Executive Office's e-mail address is executive.office@orange.co.uk
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2010 at 4:29pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

smileyeyes

..what goes around - comes
around

~ ESSEX ~
Reply #1036 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 7:40pm

Dave wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 4:23pm:
Perhaps, as a Home Phone subscriber, you would like to draw this to Orange's attention. The Executive Office's e-mail address is executive.office@orange.co.uk

I would normally pursue that Dave.... but just had 3 family deaths and can't handle any stress at the moment,
but thanks for the info, which I have stored in my little black book....maybe when I'm feeling up to it I'll contact the Executive.

Smiley
smileyeyes says: ''

IP Logged

gudman

Reply #1037 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 5:46pm

Hi Guys
I just tried 08000466436 in one of the older posts and it worked. Call answered within few seconds to request MAC for broadband and change my package.

gudman

IP Logged

smileyeyes

around

~ ESSEX ~
Reply #1038 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 6:15pm

gudman wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 5:46pm:
Hi Guys
I just tried 08000466436 in one of the older posts and it worked. Call answered within few seconds to request MAC for broadband and change my package.

gudman

Nice 1 Gudman..... I tried it, answered on second ring, takes you straight through to Sky Customer Services.
They obviously think they're clever stopping the number temporarilly, good idea of yours to try it again,
thanks for letting us know.

smileyeyes says: 'Smiley '

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #1039 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 9:00pm

smileyeyes wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 7:40pm:
I would normally pursue that Dave.... but just had 3 family deaths and can't handle any stress at the moment,
but thanks for the info, which I have stored in my little black book....maybe when I'm feeling up to it I'll contact the Executive.

Sorry to hear the sad news. My thoughts are with you at this time.

IP Logged

smileyeyes

around

~ ESSEX ~
Reply #1040 - Dec 30th, 2010 at 8:40am

Dave wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 9:00pm:
Sorry to hear the sad news. My thoughts are with you at this time.

Thats very kind of you, thanks Dave.  (Been keeping myself occupied with housework - the place is spotless!)

IP Logged

blueplatinum

Reply #1041 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 12:33pm

I can confirm that number
0808 101 4437
is still working today 5/1/2011  Wink

IP Logged

Gloket

Reply #1042 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 12:58pm

Have had to make so many calls to Sky recently due to many tv channels not being available and was shocked when I got my phone bill!  Still having problems so I had the cheek to ring them on their freephone tel no.  After explaining the problem yet again, the extremely rude scottish woman on the other end of the phone was only concerned in informing me that I had phoned the wrong number and then proceeded to read out the correct no "0844 .... etc ".  When I pointed out that I was already paying Sky money for a service I wasn't receiving and I wasn't going to pay them more money to tell them about it she replied that I HAD TO ring the 0844 number.  Needless to say, I informed her that I really didn't have to do anything and cancelled my subscription there and then.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #1043 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 1:13pm

Rip-off Sky has now disabled the 01506 421365 number which was listed on Monday.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2011 at 1:18pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #1044 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 12:41am

Gloket wrote on Jan 7th, 2011 at 12:58pm:
Needless to say, I informed her that I really didn't have to do anything and cancelled my subscription there and then.  

Well done Gloket on finally leaving their evil empire.

I used to periodically subscribe to Sky for the odd month to watch some motor racing but they made it such hard work to subscribe and unsubscribe with them for a short time that I no longer bother and pay £3.50 per month instead of £19 per month to watch the same programming on the Eurosport Player.

My Sky box is still working nicely on an FTA basis to receive all the unencrypted and the handful of FTV channels unscrambled by my white viewing card (Five, Fiver, Five USA, Sky Three).

It beats me they have so many customers when they treat them all so badly.  It seems the majority of the population will put up with almost anything to have access to their ghastly Premiere football matches.

<div style=

IP Logged

buzby316

Stirling
Reply #1045 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 12:03pm

blueplatinum wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 12:33pm:
0808 101 4437

I can confirm this number,
0808 101 4437
, is still working today 18/01/2011 @ 12 noon. Asks you to confirm your phone number, then answered within seconds!!!  Grin
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2011 at 12:05pm by buzby316 »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #1046 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:33pm

I have just received a telephone call from Sky. An foreign chap asked if he was speaking to Mr ********, I said he was, he said that I have a Sky contract, I said no I haven't and he then said good bye. A scam or what going on here? I never ever have had Sky. Of course when I rang 1471 the number had been withheld Angry

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #1047 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:39pm

sherbert wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:33pm:
I have just received a telephone call from Sky. An foreign chap asked if he was speaking to Mr ********, I said he was, he said that I have a Sky contract, I said no I haven't and he then said good bye. A scam or what going on here? I never ever have had Sky. Of course when I rang 1471 the number had been withheld Angry

Not sure on what basis you make the assertion that that the call was from Sky. Sounds to me like it could possibly be someone not connected with the said organisation ringing people at random. By making the statement that he did (i.e. "You have a Sky contract"), he can ellicit whether the person he is calling has Sky or not, and therefore draw up a list for whatever purpose.

IP Logged

Makara

Hounslow, Middlesex, U.K.
Reply #1048 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:42pm

buzby316 wrote on Jan 18th, 2011 at 12:03pm:
blueplatinum wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 12:33pm:
0808 101 4437

I can confirm this number,
0808 101 4437
, is still working today 18/01/2011 @ 12 noon. Asks you to confirm your phone number, then answered within seconds!!!  Grin

Same here on 29th January - a very helpful Indian call centre Lady reduced my monthly bill from £40 to £19.50 (free multi-room for the next 12 months) when I said I wanted to leave Wink

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #1049 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:44pm

Dave wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:39pm:
sherbert wrote on Jan 31st, 2011 at 3:33pm:

Not sure on what basis you make the assertion that that the call was from Sky. Sounds to me like it could possibly be someone not connected with the said organisation ringing people at random. By making the statement that he did (i.e. "You have a Sky contract"), he can ellicit whether the person he is calling has Sky or not, and therefore draw up a list for whatever purpose.

Thanks dave Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Forum Admin, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge