Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,322,478 times)
mistert

Manchester
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #1005 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 9:04am

08000512597 - worked for me this morning. Rang about 08.20 - call answerd immediately. Problem sorted!

Thanks for this number!!

&&Cheers&&&&Mistert

IP Logged

alanw888

WestSussex
Reply #1006 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 4:20pm

Just tried this number and it was 'unobtainable' but changed the last digit to 6 and it works OK.

The recorded voice did tell me that my SkyTalk was 'restricted' and press 1 and was immediately transfered to Customer Services who confirmed that my line was not restricted and answered my original problem.

IP Logged

TheArtfulD0dger

Ashford, Kent England
Reply #1007 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 10:12am

The number 0800-051-2597 just worked for me - 'course they kept me on the line for over 5 minutes looking for my "screen" - all so that I could tell them I didn't receive my SKY Magazine!

Good work everybody!!

Sparky

IP Logged

EastYorkie

Reply #1008 - Nov 2nd, 2010 at 1:52pm

Tried this one today - still working . Brill, many thanks!  Cheesy

IP Logged

Petite_Menace

Reply #1009 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 1:46pm

I called 0800 051 2597 this morning and got the message that the number is no longer in service and was asked to call the 0844 number.

so I called 0800 051 2596 and got the message that my SkyTalk was 'restricted' and pressed 1 and was immediately transfered to (skytalk) Customer Services. I asked to be put through to cancellations and was put straight through. I was quite glad as after my initial conversation asking to cancel I was put on hold for around 6 mins which would have cost me had I not called the free number.  Wink

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #1010 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 2:25pm

Petite_Menace wrote on Nov 13th, 2010 at 1:46pm:
I called 0800 051 2597 this morning and got the message that the number is no longer in service and was asked to call the 0844 number.

so I called 0800 051 2596 and got the message that my SkyTalk was 'restricted' and pressed 1 and was immediately transfered to (skytalk) Customer Services. I asked to be put through to cancellations and was put straight through. I was quite glad as after my initial conversation asking to cancel I was put on hold for around 6 mins which would have cost me had I not called the free number.  Wink

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

Thanks for the feedback. I've updated the listings by removing mention of the 2597 number and replacing it with 2596.

Do let me know of any other updates you find are necessary in the alternative numbers listings by posting in the Requests section of the forum. Let me know of numbers not working (say in what way they don't work, eg not recognised; always busy; rings, never answered) or numbers that work and are in the unverified table (the one with the light blue background) or where companies have other 08 numbers not listed in the entry(ies).

IP Logged

cjw296

Reply #1011 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:39pm

Just to be clear, I just had a problem with a Sky+ to Sky HD self install only partially working (couldn't see some of the channels I'd paid for) so called 0800 051 2596 ignored the Sky Talk "restricted" message and hit 1, straight through to a person who sorted the problem within 2 minutes.

...this after a brief flirtation with the 0844 number where I was told I'd have to wait 15 minutes!

IP Logged

foxystoat

Reply #1012 - Dec 10th, 2010 at 5:35pm

As previously mentioned, I dialled 0800 051 2596 earlier today , pressed one when prompted.

Had to wait 3 minutes for a response, not bad on a Friday afternoon I suppose  Smiley

Thanks for the update, happy to provide my update here.

IP Logged

floella2

Reply #1013 - Dec 11th, 2010 at 1:45pm

Phoned just now, Saturday afternoon at 1 pm, hit one when promoted straight though.  Excellent number.

IP Logged

a13ahl

Reply #1014 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 9:56am

It is free to call sky from a sky phone line.

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #1015 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 1:59pm

a13ahl wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 9:56am:

Much the same as it's ALSO free to call BT from a BT landline, Phonebox, or indeed most/if not ALL landlines.

However with Sky it's HUGELY expensive to call them from any other provider except themselves!

I doubt I would use Sky ever again.

Sad

*edited for grammer*
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 2:00pm by CJT-80 »  

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #1016 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:58pm

Sky's subsiduary ISP UK Online is to close next month, and with it, users' e-mail addresses:

http://www.ukonline.net/sky/status.html

Quote:
q.What will happen to my UK Online email address?

a.The UK Online email server will be shut down on January 14th 2011 and all emails stored on it deleted. From January 14th 2011 onwards, any emails sent to your UK Online accounts will be returned to the sender. You will need to let your contacts know that your email UK Online address(es) will no longer work. You will also need to download and save any important emails you've stored in webmail as soon as possible.

To find out how to download any emails to your computer before the service ends click here.

q.Can I re-direct my emails from my UK Online email address to my new one?

a.No. Unfortunately, once your UK Online account has closed, you won't be able to divert any emails to a new IP address. To find out how to download any emails to your computer before the service ends click here.

When Freeserve became Wanadoo and Wanadoo became Orange, e-mail addresses at the old domain names continued. But not $ky; it isn't going to allow UKOnline e-mail accounts to continue.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #1017 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:21pm

Dave wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:58pm:
When Freeserve became Wanadoo and Wanadoo became Orange, e-mail addresses at the old domain names continued. But not $ky; it isn't going to allow UKOnline e-mail accounts to continue.

This is utterly typical of Sky's totally inconsiderate corporate steamroller mentality.  Continuing to maintain the UKonline email domain would have cost them next to nothing (perhaps 1p per customer per year) but no each of their customers must change all their registered email address on potentially hundreds of websites just so that Sky corporate branding can be enforced everywhere.

I am still using a bloggs@bloggsmailbox.fsnet.co.uk old Freeserve address and although I never collect email from it using an Orange dial up connection any more and only collect my mail for the account through my broadband connection (with a different ISP) all I have to do is log on to Orange's website at least once every 270 days and click a link there to keep the account going.  Orange even considerately send me a reminder email to do this several days before they would cut off collection of emails from the account and even after this there is another 30 days allowed to reactivate the mailbox and collect any mails in it before it would get anywhere near being wiped out.  There were some screw ups when Orange first took over Wanadoo and some email addresses were permanently deleted due to IT staff incompetence without customers being warned this would happen.  However things have settled down now and Orange seem committed to allowing support for the fsnet.co.uk email addresses to remain in place indefinitely. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:22pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

mrmond

Reply #1018 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 9:32am

a13ahl wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 9:56am:

Not strictly true. I raised the issue of my phone call with Sky a few weeks ago and was told it's only free on weekends and after a certain point in the evenings.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #1019 - Dec 19th, 2010 at 9:35am

mrmond wrote on Dec 19th, 2010 at 9:32am:
Not strictly true. I raised the issue of my phone call with Sky a few weeks ago and was told it's only free on weekends and after a certain point in the evenings.

It was originally free from a Sky line 24/7 to call their 0844 customer service number but then they changed the rules so that it was no longer free to call them in the weekday daytime.  Apparently Sky has never heard of anyone working shifts or of stay at home mothers or pensioners etc. Shocked

<div style=

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge