Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,327,098 times)
jasonwatkins666

Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #975 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 10:26am

Ok, 0800 0466 431 gets you through to the Multi Dwelling department - when I asked to be transferred, she just gave me the 08422 number.

0800 0466 436 gets you through to the Accessibility department.  Said I'd obviously been transferred to the wrong department and could he transfer me back to customer services and he was more than happy to do so.

Although just spent nigh on half an hour with cancellations and i think they're going to try and stitch me up .. grrrrr

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #976 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 2:04pm

smileyeyes wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 8:05am:
so many people need to contact Sky, they really must be raking it in![/b][/color]

Especially if your call is handled in India where they must only be paying one dollar per hour or less to the call centre worker. Shocked
Angry

<div style=

IP Logged

Disleksik

Reply #977 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 8:59pm

After 2 attempts at using the 0844 number (Waiting time 9 minutes then an hour later 15 minutes-I hung up ..of course!!) I came on here. Used the 08000466436 number above (thanks Jason....) and a very pleasant scots lady answered immediately. I asked "am I speaking to customer services and she said Yes!!
Brilliant. Then did the business (my box wasn't working so we sorted it) and that was that. Grin

Hope this helps you too.

IP Logged

smileyeyes

..what goes around - comes
around

~ ESSEX ~
Reply #978 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 5:37pm

I have just tried the 0800 0466436 number to talk to Sky Customer Services,
and they would Not assist me UNLESS I had joined Sky via the Digital Switch Over Scheme.
Instead they could only offer me another 0844 at which point I explained my phone won't dial 0844 etc,
and he very politely said he Could Not discuss my account.
Angry

I have every faith that the members on this site will soon come up with a geo / free phone number....

Wink

IP Logged

stonekins

Wales
Reply #979 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 9:31pm

Rang 0800 0466436 this morning and got through immediately, no automated service.  Like the poster above, I asked if I was through to customer services and was helped by a very nice man.

As I am having problems with my Sky plus box, he went through a number of checks over the phone and then offered me a free Sky HD box and a years free HD package.  He said that it was more economical for them to do that than send an engineer to repair sky plus boxes as eventually they'll become obsolete.  My new sky HD box should be fitted next week. Smiley

I was very impressed by the man, who went further by giving me his extension number so that if there were any problems I could get through to him straight away.  When I suggested that his very helpful service flew in the face of the usual customer service from Sky, he apologised and said that Sky were keen to address their bad reputation and this was the way forward.  He did suggest that I should ring the 0844 number next time and that the number I had used to get through was for people with accessibility problems.

So a thumbs up from me.  Clearly, it could be a one off, but I felt satisfied with the service I received.  I won't share his name and extension number as I wouldn't want him to be inundated, poor bloke. Wink

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #980 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 9:43pm

stonekins wrote on Jun 18th, 2010 at 9:31pm:
… He did suggest that I should ring the 0844 number next time and that the number I had used to get through was for people with accessibility problems.

It has been brought to our attention previously that a 0800 number specifically for disabled customers had been listed in our database and that this resulted in queues of over 35 minutes. I removed it from the database then and I may remove references to it from this thread.

I must point out, however, that at no point did Sky bother to request its removal.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #981 - Jun 18th, 2010 at 10:52pm

Andrea Zappia was appointed Managing Director of Customer Group in February, see his profile. Perhaps the use of 0844 numbers is something he would be interested in addressing.

Members might like to drop him an e-mail and I presume his address is the regular format firstname.lastname@bskyb.com

Those on Facebook might like to join the Campaign for Improvements to Sky Customer Services group.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2010 at 10:53pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

operator

Aberdeen (originally Glasgow)
Reply #982 - Jun 25th, 2010 at 5:52pm

Just to let you know, I used 0800 0512597 at 1733hrs today, 25th June 2010, from connection to an automated voice to a human voice was 4 minutes 12 secs, my query was dealt with promptly.
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2010 at 6:15pm by operator »  

IP Logged

Nigel_L._Walters

Reply #983 - Jun 27th, 2010 at 1:55pm

operator wrote on Jun 25th, 2010 at 5:52pm:
Just to let you know, I used 0800 0512597 at 1733hrs today, 25th June 2010, from connection to an automated voice to a human voice was 4 minutes 12 secs, my query was dealt with promptly.

For Sky Customer Services, I just called 0800 0466436 and was told that this number was only to answer questions about 'EAGA' Customer Switchover.!!! 
I then tried the 0800 0512597, and was answered fairly rapidly by a computer, which then swung me around various departments (all numeric push-buttons). Then after a longish wait, I was through to a human (who apologised for the long delay, thinking that I was on their 08422 41 41 41 number.!!)
All was then handled amicably and efficiently.

IP Logged

saxo_appeal

Reply #984 - Jul 5th, 2010 at 5:49pm

0800 0512597 works folks, I'm on the phone just now  Wink Smiley
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2010 at 5:50pm by saxo_appeal »  

IP Logged

nige101uk

Reply #985 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 1:58pm

Just signed up to agree with previous posters. the 0800 0512597 number worked fine about an hour ago  Grin
« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2010 at 1:59pm by nige101uk »  

IP Logged

smileyeyes

..what goes around - comes
around

~ ESSEX ~
Reply #986 - Jul 9th, 2010 at 11:31am

YIPPEEEE
We have a new 0800 Sky Customer Services number that works ! >> 0800 0512597 <<
Last night ALL of my sky+ recordings froze, no Big Brother, even live TV was messed up - I was not a happy bunny   Angry
I just spent 3/4 hr speaking to a chap who took the time to do all sorts of tests on my sky box,
we ended up formatting it.....but at least I didn't have to wait days for an engineer to visit.
I'm smiling again   Cheesy

The last number, 0800 0466436, which I freely enjoyed using, got axed a few weeks ago..
..I do wonder to myself - How do you just come across another free phone number??
Well done, and a BIG THANK YOU to whoever found it - you saved me £ and worry.

Smiley   Wink   Grin   Cool   Kiss

IP Logged

Kayla

UK
Reply #987 - Jul 25th, 2010 at 1:30pm

Yay!!!!!!

I phoned Sky today and the 08000512597 number worked for me too.
A big thank you to whoever found this number, definitely saved me some money  Smiley

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #988 - Jul 25th, 2010 at 4:21pm

Kayla wrote on Jul 25th, 2010 at 1:30pm:
Yay!!!!!!

I phoned Sky today and the 08000512597 number worked for me too.
A big thank you to whoever found this number, definitely saved me some money  Smiley

Kayla and everyone else, thanks for the feedback.  Smiley

I wish to encourage all who come to this site to look up alternatives to post feedback in the Requests section of the forum. Let us know of:
  • any numbers that are listed and don't (say why they don't work; eg not recognised, recording redirecting to 0845 etc)
  • any numbers that are unverified that do work and can therefore be verified
  • any numbers that aren't listed at all and do work
  • companies change there 08 numbers, so post and I will add the new ones.

Btw Kayla, I see you made a request for the Southbourne Surgery three years ago. I don't know whether you know, but we did crack that one and the alternative is listed in the database.  Wink

IP Logged

sirtopher

Reply #989 - Aug 2nd, 2010 at 12:05pm

Without thinking I waisted my time trying to send an email to Sky - bad idea.
Then I remembered syanoto0870, one of the most useful sites in the world.
I dialed 0800 051 2597  selected the option that I was planning to leave sky - always a good choice, it gets their attention, you get answered faster by a more experienced person.
Problem solved.  Hooray.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, Forum Admin)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge