Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,328,793 times)
Dollybird

Wales
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #945 - Feb 24th, 2010 at 3:29pm

I have registered today just to also add that the 0800 0466432 number does work at this time. It firstly took me to a gentleman (British!!) who said he needed to transfer me to another department when I said I wanted to downgrade my subscription. As I went on hold and the music played I thought "Here we go, the next few hrs listening to music" BUT  I was only waiting less than a minute when a lady took my call, just asked for my reasons as to why I was downgrading (Music & Kids pack no longer required - Children now older and rarely at home!) and she immediately switched off the packages I did not need. She asked me to do a quick check against those stations on my Sky and all was done. Being a bit of a cynic I did ask for her name for future reference if I had any problems and she gave her name and said she was part of the Program Advisory team in Newcastle.

While I have had some "fun" times previously phoning numbers that took me to Indian call centres after 2 hrs of waiting on a phone,  on this occasion I have to say I was very impressed with the quick service.

As an aside the reason I wanted to downgrade my packages today is that I had a letter from Sky stating that if you wish to downgrade in the future you will have to give them 31 days notice (think it comes in April 2010) whereas at the moment you can downgrade at any time and presumably with the fact she turned off my packages immediately, my charges go down immediately. So saved me an extra month' money. Just a heads up to anyone who might be thinking of doing same.

IP Logged

jeanpierre

I need to phone sky from abroad
Reply #946 - Mar 4th, 2010 at 11:27am

I live in Belgium and i have a problem with my sky+ hd box.It is impossible to phone  the 0800 or the 08442 from Belgium.I tried with skype ,but no result.
Thanks.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: I need to phone sky from abroad
Reply #947 - Mar 4th, 2010 at 11:42am

jeanpierre wrote on Mar 4th, 2010 at 11:27am:
I live in Belgium and i have a problem with my sky+ hd box.It is impossible to phone  the 0800 or the 08442 from Belgium.I tried with skype ,but no result.

Hi and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

UK "freephone" numbers which start 0800/0808/0500 can be called through the geographic dial-through number 020 0222 0900.

Dial +44 20 0222 0900 and when it answers it will prompt you for a destination number. You then input 0800 046 6432.  Wink

IP Logged

benji9

Reply #948 - Mar 4th, 2010 at 2:29pm

Hi, I only joined Sky two weeks ago, since then I have been  on the phone several times trying to sort out one problem after another! Do they cause problems so you have to phone them and therefore pay them even more. I have been left hanging on the line, wasting my time and money also  disconnected  twice after long waits. The customer service is a joke, I will not be staying with Sky after my contract expires. Undecided

IP Logged

TONYDH

Reply #949 - Mar 5th, 2010 at 1:54pm

copy of emails between me and sky - so far.

Date: 4 March 2010 23:22
Subject: Re: TV Escalation (KMM4870147I15977L0KM)
To: Sky Help Centre <help@skycustomersupport.com>
Cc: skinnerd@parliament.uk

c.c. dennis skinner mp

email 2
dear caroline,

Sent: 04 March 2010 16:11

To: Darroch, Jeremy

Cc: skinnerd@parliament.uk

Subject: 0844 abuse

cc. dennis skinner MP

original email

Dear Mr. Darroch,

Please provide an explanation.- why does sky use 0844 numbers? i cannot think of any reason that would be satisfactory.

these numbers are used by companies who -

Valid reason but still carrying a risk of lost business :-

want to deter inbound telephone calls to them; for example because they want to be primarily a web based company.

Corporate Greed Reason

are unaware of the damage that these numbers cause to their business in return for a few pence pay out per minute of the calls.

Greed and Customer Abuse reason

a company who is, or believes themselves to be immune from any commercial damage because they have a quasi monopoly and falsely believe they have no need to be interested in their customers' opinion of them. best example of this offensive arrogance - SKY.

a very high risk strategy

Do you actually believe that i am the only potential customer who will not join sky because of your clearly demonstrated arrogant greed and your contempt for your customers.

if so please visit - in the unlikely event that you haven't already - www.saynoto0870.com.

i have the following reasons for the email to you

1. i have had my own telecoms business for 20 years and knowing the loss of sales and customer goodwill caused by paid for 08xx number have never advised their use by my clients especially as a sales line.

i suggest that you ask ofcom for their figures on their estimate of the effect of these numbers, on the businesses who use them,

especially in terms of potential customers who would otherwise have called you and the subsequent lost business.

2. i hate being ripped off especially by companies who exhibit contempt for their customers as you do by continuing to use these numbers, despite numerous protests to you.

3 i do not want this country to be populated by self interested, greedy, arrogant, abusive companies and whilst i realise that motivating the general public to act in their own interest is nearly impossible until situations become extreme, i will continue to protest against companies with your attitude to customers.

I wish you a Happy Bankruptcy!

On 4 March 2010 19:13, Sky Help Centre wrote:

Dear Mr Hall,

Thank you for your email in regards to having to call a 0844 number when calling Sky.

National rate numbers mean that customers pay the same rate - no matter where they are phoning from within the UK.

Sky invests £250 million a year on customer service and, unlike many other providers, we’re open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. You can call us for as little as 1.5p a minute from a landline at the weekend.

One option that you may like to consider, if you haven’t already done so, would be signing up for our award winning Sky Talk service. As part of our Sky Talk packages, customers can call us for free in line with the tariff they have selected

Finally, if you would prefer not to call but require advice or assistance, our Sky.com website hosts a massive range information available to our customers and includes the option to email our customer care team.

Kind regards

Caroline

Executive Support Team

http://www.sky.com

2nd email

in view of your complete failure to do so - i ask again.
Please provide an explanation.- why does sky use 0844 numbers? i cannot think of any reason that would be satisfactory.

seemingly you do not have a satisfactory reason, (i.e. one that does not have a pure greed motivation), otherwise you would surely have provided one.

also have you as i suggested actually visited www.saynoto0870.com and entered the word sky in the search box?

if you have then are you satisfied that any reputable company would not try to respond to the vociferous campaign against you?

if you have not it would again demonstrate complacent or deliberate sloppiness or total arrogance.

instead your response is (deliberately? - i hope not) uninformed, patronising and somewhat offensive; especially since you are trying to sell me your telecom service, in spite of the fact that my attitude towards your employer should now be very clear to you.
i am sure you did not intend to be offensive but i'm afraid the sloppiness and lack of diligence exposed in your answer had exactly that effect - see below.

you must know that the uncomplaining british are and can be exploited on a regular basis.
not for nothing the description - rip off britain - because of this attitude.

employees of these faceless corporations should think long and hard about the social consequences of their choice of employer.

or the result will be that employees will try to defend indefensible employers at the cost of their individuality and personal credibility.

the result  - more rip off - more depersonalisation - less choice

-----------------------------------------

please read my net post for the rest of this email

IP Logged

TONYDH

Reply #950 - Mar 5th, 2010 at 1:54pm

less choice -higher prices and costs;
and more and more under-rewarded dissatisfied employees of faceless self interested greedy corporations;
and more and more individuals joining the rapidly increasing timid, job loss fearing, overworked, ripped off drones and clones brigade.

is that what anyone would seriously want as a free choice?

well it is time this changed and being an employee of a company determined to squeeze every halfpenny from their customers should not be the choice of anyone who is not desperate for a job.

i do not at all intend to be gratuitously offensive but have some constructive suggestions that you might find a bit direct but hopefully helpful for future responses.

firstly  i suggest you do some research and base your future replies to complaints on the facts.

even though you are offering sky telecom service you clearly have no knowledge of 08xx numbers so let me enlighten you.

first of all 0844 numbers are not "national rate"
domestic bt non discounted daytime national rate numbers are the most you can pay for a non business national call.

your employer offers a telecom service why do you not know this basic fact? - i am sure you have people who know these answers - please go and ask them.

0844 call charges are appreciably higher than any national rate number but it is the only number left that has a worthwhile payout to the called party i.e. sky.

you could use 0845 numbers, the call charges are less but still not included in most packages

you could use 0870  the call charges are less,

you could use 0871  the call charges are high,

you could use 03 numbers but these could incur you in a cost depending upon your arrangement with your telecom wholesaler.

so we conclude that your stated reason for using loathed 0844 and not even the hated 0845 cannot be true and that you just want the highest payout and the hell with what's best for  your customers.

for your information and assistance my use of 08xx refers to the range of 08 numbers such as 0800,  0844, 0845, 0870, 0871.

1. all forms of 08xx numbers and indeed any other telephone number called from a number within the uk to another number within the uk costs the same from wherever to wherever. they might be free or chargeable to the caller but none of them bear any relationship to national call charges - so stop saying that they are national rate - they are NOT,

Local and national rates were merged long ago. go have a look at your own sky tariff!

2. all forms of 08xx numbers can have the same intelligence and call reporting capability.

3. talk talk for example includes 0845 and 0870 numbers in its off peak package but no provider includes 0844 except, strangely, sky customers calling sky because there is an appreciable outpayment to the called party.

4. the only reason why you would choose to have an inbound 0844 number, as you do, is for the outpaymet that you receive. for every minute of calls that you receive.

5. you appear to be ignorant of the fact that you accrue revenue to you by use of 0844 numbers. if this is true i am appalled that you are left by your peers to concoct explanations without this crucial
knowledge.if you do know this then your reply is cynically offensive.

6. using 0844 sales line numbers is like having a shop widow where potential customers are charged before they buy anything. i bet you would object to that so what's the difference?

for this reason a chargeable 08xx number , especially a sales line 0844 number is deeply damaging to the process of customer acquisition.

you spend a fortune advertising your company and then expect obliging customers to pay you with their phone call before they join.

7. as for using sky talk you cynically allow just your own 0844 charges to be included in your packeage knowing that 0844 numbers are not included in any competitors package.

8. you clearly believe that you can force, bribe and bully your customers to do what you want because you are a quasi monopoly and can abuse your market power.

what would you say if everything you needed to buy was from a company in this powerful market position.
I bet you wouldn't like that would you - so why support this abuse by your employer?

as far as your 24 hour support line is concerned - many companies are astute enough to realise that providing good customer service is essential for their business.

the best and cheapest to acquire business comes from referrals.

am i going to ever trust a telecoms company whose executive support team members display such breathtaking lack of knowledge about telecoms.

i happen to be a telecoms business owner and am concerned that your overt lack of knowledge could be damaging to our industry.

you clearly hope that your customers are as ignorant of their facts as you are and this suggests that your business contains people who blunder along without taking the care and diligence to preserve their credibility.

is this i wonder a sky corporate culture?

when we try to expand our business by offering a very attractive proposition to potential agents, we look for people who are more awake and aware than your average wage slave.

they are a rapidly disappearing breed

most people do not, it seems, bother to learn enough about their own job functions and so often try to impress with bull-sxxxx.

what's worse is that their management appears to find nothing wrong with this complacent sloppiness.

i do not use embedded email as you suggest i might because it does not provid

IP Logged

TONYDH

Reply #951 - Mar 5th, 2010 at 2:00pm

the number for sky head office is 0207 705 3000
the receptionist will try hard not to put you through to customer service so insist on talking to their high level complaints team

i suggest that everyone calls this number for everything until their defences are swamped.

also email sky and copy to your mp as i have done

IP Logged

canasta

Reply #952 - Mar 11th, 2010 at 3:59pm

Had to activate new (£20) viewing card after sky has gradually switched off our old one which cost £20 5 years ago.

Didn't expect to have to ring 0844 to activate it and after viewing this thread I can appreciate the problems others have had.

Rang 08000466432 and asked for Customer services.   After speaking to a computer for a few minutes I was put through to a young woman who confirmed my details and went through the whole registration process only to tell me I was not through to Freesat Customer services.   She agreed to transfer me but, after speaking to several people, this failed.   Then tried 020 7705 3036/3118/3758 and every time I asked to speak to someone to complain, was told to ring Customer services on an 0844 number - talk about rubbing salt into your wounds.

Again tried 08000466432 and, this time told the first human being I spoke to that I wanted to register a Freesat card.   Again was put through to different people but eventually I SUCCEEDED (although the card hasn't yet activated because it can take up to 24 hours)  BUT the 08000466432 does work but you have to be very precise and stick with it.

FOR INFO - We are with TalkTalk and quite happy with them.  The call to activate the card would have cost about 54p (9.5p connection chatge and 5p per minute) which might not seem a lot but multiplied by the number of customers Sky has makes a HUGE amount of money
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2010 at 4:04pm by canasta »  

IP Logged

juancar186

Reply #953 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 3:26pm

Dear Mr. Darroch,

First of all I would like to congratulate you for the amazing range of products the company you are representing is currently offering customers throughout the UK. Secondly I would like to make a complain directly to you as I have noticed in the last few months your customer service numbers have moved without giving any information to the current customers.

I would like to kindly ask you for a reasonable explanation for changing your numbers from 0800, 0845, 0870 which are now included in evening and weekend calls with BT for free to 0844 so you can charge your customers, customers which in case you forgot have been loyal with SKY for quite a long time now.

I am against this recent move from SKY and I think the attitude the company have taken is deplorable and has done anything else than making us, the customers, think that SKY is no longer a company that cares for their customers, but only wants to take as much money as they can from us.

My way of complaining and showing that I am completely against this moves is simple, I have cancelled my SKY sports package, Sky movies and right now will cancel my SKY mobile TV. I have moved my broadband to another company and have moved my SKY talk to another provider, please do not forget SKY is not a monopoly and that your services are also provided by other companies. My bill went down to 18 gbp per month from the almost 55gbp I used to pay a year ago. You have lost a third of the income you receive from me and I really hope you can get to cover it with your 0844's income.

On top of that I am completely withdrawing my support to SKY within two months unless I see significant moves by the company to offer a FREE customer service.

Today I was planning to buy SKY SPORTS on the sky player, but could not do it as I will not at any time let a company put their hands in my pocket without getting in exchange an excellent service for it, and as I said before I think customer services should be free.

Better luck with your remaining customers.

Kind Regards,

(Name hidden)

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #954 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 4:29pm

juancar186, you are one of about ten million subscribers.  Sky won't care that you're miffed.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

juancar186

Reply #955 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 4:53pm

Reason why I am asking everyone against 0844 numbers (I assume everyone here) to make a move, I sent one email which needs support with hundreds more behind, it takes 5 min. or if you feel lazy, we can create a template and start withdrawing the services.

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #956 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 5:19pm

Heinz

WHAT A NEGATIVE COMMENT "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF"

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #957 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 6:17pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Mar 21st, 2010 at 5:19pm:
Heinz

WHAT A NEGATIVE COMMENT "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF"

I believe that what Heinz said is a matter of fact.

When you complain to a company about something like this, it may well choose not to do anything because of the cost to it of making the change. Where it's just the odd customer complaining about a particular element of company policy, then it's not worth (financially) making the change because it's of little interest to customers in general.

We have yet to reach the point when Sky considers that there are enough unhappy customers, and more imporantly, ex-customers because of its affair with 0844 (and previously 0870) number, that it will change numbers.

There's no harm in customers writing to Sky about this. It doesn't have to be long; a few paragraphs or less will do.
« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2010 at 8:19pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #958 - Mar 21st, 2010 at 9:28pm

Cheers Dave point taken

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

gd99

Reply #959 - Mar 26th, 2010 at 2:39pm

Just rang  08000466432 got through straight away and sorted out money of my bill no trouble.But you have to give a month notice from april 16th to cancel any packages you have.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge