Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,324,778 times)
IHateSKY

Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #915 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 7:04pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Dec 12th, 2009 at 8:45pm:
Dave wrote on Dec 12th, 2009 at 8:37pm:
[quote author=NGMsGhost link=1060112694/945#956Also, does Sky have any grounds to charge IHateSky for telephone service, as he did not agree to it? I appreciate that if the answer is that Sky cannot charge for this service, claiming any monies back may be easier said that done.

Probably Sky did some form of telephone marketing tell Sky Talk and someone else in the household who was not the line owner took the call and the caller from Sky did not check that person answering was the bill payer.  So it is slamming given that the actual phone line customer did not agree but I doubt it is completely at random with no underlying causatory factor.

I had the same thing with BT on a little used fax line at my mother's house with them phoning up and saying who was I and when I gave the same surname as my mother (they didn't check gender, password or anything else) they then tried to persuade me to take their free evening and weekend calls plan that would have locked the line in to a 12 month rolling contract.  This is what goes on in the real world.

I do think it is scandalous that Ofcom has allowed BT to lock in its customers in to any form of minimum contract given the huge Significant Market Power it has and its position as telecom provider of last resort.

By the way I think this discussion really needs splitting off in to a separate thread the way it is going.

I spoke to someone from sky talk last friday and what they think possibly caused the problem is the swtich over from BT's network to Sky's own network.

at the time, Sky was using BT's network to provide the service but when i was cancelling thats when Sky were taking everyone off BT's network and putting them on thiers. Thats where he believes the problem happened, somehow it got mixed up and never transfered me.

I reported this issue on the 23rd of Sept and now its 15th dec and im still waiting for the issue to be resolved by sky.

Im waiting for sky to resolve it before i contact Otelo.

Re- BT account holder. He did phone them and they said we never recieved a request to take over your line even though you told us your trasnferring from SKy. Basically Sky never went through with giving the line to BT and by magic i was getting my calls for free but no one billing me, neither sky or bt.

IP Logged

borgie

Reply #916 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 3:06pm

ian.threlfall wrote on Nov 9th, 2009 at 12:30pm:
I got straight through to the queue with this number:

01506 522 725

But waiting to see if anyone answers.

Tried this number. guess what. the automated message now says " This service is no longer available".
Sky are greedy and deserve to loose customers.
changing the numbers this quick. Roll Eyes Angry

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #917 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 7:20pm

borgie wrote on Dec 28th, 2009 at 3:06pm:
Sky are greedy and deserve to loose customers.

I agree but unfortunately the addiction of most of the male population to football, rugby and/or test crick seems to allow Sky to continue to get away with their abusive methods for selling their heavily over price services. Shocked Angry Cry

<div style=

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #918 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 1:59pm

I phoned them on 24th December to reduce my package and was told that as I have a cancellation pending on 12th February, I couldn't change anything unles I re-instated the account.

So after making sure the person on the other end knew I was really not happy, I decided to go ahead and re-instate it and reduced it down to 1 pack and then phone on 11th January to cancel.

Yesterday I had a terrible thought that I may not be able to cancel on said date as I'd re-instated the service and thought I may have to keep it for a month before canceling.

So I bit the bullet again and phoned (nearly 2 minutes just to get through the menus). Was pleasantly surprised to get a virtual instant answer.

I asked if I was still able to cancel on 11th January and was told I still could. Then i got the questions on why I wanted to cancel so told him the cost of the phone call was one as was the endless repeats due to to many channels (IMO).

He said that he thought it was good value to which I replied that it may be for him due to staff discount. His reply was that he got it for free so I asked if I counld have it for free in which case I would think it was great value. Roll Eyes

At least he processed my cancellation so I don't have to phone again (hopefully). Roll on the 11th February Grin

IP Logged

parknook

Reply #919 - Jan 11th, 2010 at 2:52pm

Emailed the following to Sky big boss emails - wonder what I'll get back  Undecided

Sirs,

I am writing this email to express my utter disgust that it is impossible to speak to your customer services department on a NGN number (that is a number which does not start 01 / 02 or 03).  

My phone call was going to enquire about potentially switching back on Sky Sports and / or Movies.  I have an inclusive minutes package which allows unlimited calls to 01 / 02 and 03 numbers and would allow me to call Sky without charge if you provided such a number.  Given that you can be on hold for anything upto 10 to 20 minutes (at peak times) this is a considerable saving against calling an 08442 number.

Can you explain what customer benefit charging for calls gives – The only “benefits” I can see are a revenue sharing agreement with which Sky takes a cut from the money received by the Telco’s and that people are put off calling Sky because of such numbers so fewer staff are required which in turn means longer hold times and we’re back to making revenue for Sky again.

You’ll probably try and use the “We use numbers that are easy to remember” but that doesn’t wash either. You’ve changed from 0870 to 0871 to 0845 and now 0844 – not exactly static is it.... As you “rent” 01506 522 xxx you could easily have 01506 522 522 as your number and have had this for the 20 odd years that Sky has been going – Very easy to remember and inclusive for a good portion of your customers.  You’ll also try and say that if I subscribed to Sky Talk that calls to Sky are free, upon checking the web there is considerable debate over this and not something that a lot of people would want to do.

One brighter note is that when I called 020 7705 3000 and expressed my disgust at this, the lady on the other end was obviously getting very frustrated at receiving similar calls and will hopefully make a complaint to her management that the grief she receives is simply unacceptable and that Sky should do the honourable thing and offer an 01/02/03 number for their customers.  

I await your replies with interest but a heavy heart as I suspect that none will be forthcoming (other than an automated one) and any reply is likely to be disappointing.

Yours,

Chris

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #920 - Jan 11th, 2010 at 5:38pm

parknook wrote on Jan 11th, 2010 at 2:52pm:
One brighter note is that when I called 020 7705 3000 and expressed my disgust at this, the lady on the other end was obviously getting very frustrated at receiving similar calls and will hopefully make a complaint to her management that the grief she receives is simply unacceptable and that Sky should do the honourable thing and offer an 01/02/03 number for their customers.

Hi and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

I'm not surprised about this. That number is the first alternative in our database; others have been disabled.

The BSkyB Corporate Media page now lists it as well rather than the general number for the press office. Companies like Sky that stick rigidly to 084x numbers are likely to be receiving many calls from customers to other numbers, in order for them to try and circumvent the premium charges.

What used to be the direct number for Andrew Griffith, BSkyB's Chief Financial Officer, now goes through to the switchboard. Surely changing such phone numbers will create inconvenience for them, and also channel more calls through the switchboard.
« Last Edit: Jan 11th, 2010 at 10:46pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

parknook

Reply #921 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 10:47am

Just goes to show that they did not read the email I sent as they simply sent a standard template reply:-    Cry  Angry

"Dear Chris,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the use of 0844 numbers when contacting our Sky contact centres.

National rate numbers mean that customers pay the same rate - no matter where they are phoning from within the UK.  

Sky invests £250 million a year on customer service and, unlike many other providers, we?re open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. You can call us for as little as 5p a minute from a BT landline (9.2p connection charge) at any time.

One option that you may like to consider, if you haven?t already done so, would be signing up for our award winning Sky Talk service.  As part of our Sky Talk packages, customers can call us for free in line with the tariff they have selected

Finally, if you would prefer not to call but require advice or assistance, our Sky.com website hosts a massive range information available to our customers and includes the option to email our customer care team. "

I will post my reply to them later today  Grin

Chris

PS Anybody have a better email as this reply came from help@skycustomersupport.com even though I sent my email to Darroch, Jeremy; Murdoch, James  Roll Eyes         Feel free to PM me rather than advertise it here
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2010 at 10:52am by parknook »  

IP Logged

parknook

Reply #922 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 3:04pm

My reply to Sky's reply to my earlier post.  Their reply came from customerservices, I sent mine back to Jeremy and James

Sirs,

As I suspected you could not be bothered to read my email and simply passed it onto some "robot" to send me an automated email.  How do I know - because it is the same one you have sent to others and I specifically made reference in my original email about not talking about moving to Sky Talk.

Again this is symptomatic of the contempt Sky have for their customers.  They see them merely as people who should give them money and not complain at all or if they do make it as difficult as possible to talk to somebody who could actually make a difference.

A quick check of the BT website shows that BT is currently offering free calls to UK landlines at the weekends and evenings inclusive of the line rental.  Given that roughly 80% of the nation still use BT your "generous" offer of 5p a minute is nothing short of robbery - At least Dick Turpin had the good grace to wear a mask when he was stealing

I neither expect or wish a reply from anybody other than the 2 gentlemen referenced in this e-mail.  To do so would be deeply offensive as I have had the good grace to contact you directly, the least you can do is respond directly as well.

********************************************************************************

Once again I ask you why Sky will not provide a normal 01/02/03 number for their customers to reach them on - Why the reluctance to provide such a number to those who wish to make use of the packages which give them the ability to call such numbers without additional call charges.   I would imagine that of the current 9 million customers who use your service, only around 1 - 2% would even use this method so you wouldn't be deprived of hardly any revenue sharing income and you might find that those 1 - 2% of people call to add services.  People want to give you money for a service you provide (Movies, sports etc)  NOT give you money simply for the privilege of calling you.

********************************************************************************

Yours

Chris

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #923 - Jan 12th, 2010 at 7:43pm

H i Parknook

You've just got the standard reply that all others have I'm afraid.

I sent 3 reply emails to the CRS after receiving the standard rubbish which you can read on about page 60ish.

I only got a reply (from the 3rd email) after sending one to J Darroch so all he appears to do is just get the CSR team to reply.

I did like your emails though.

IP Logged

farci

Glasgow
Reply #924 - Jan 13th, 2010 at 8:29am

parknook wrote on Jan 12th, 2010 at 3:04pm:
My reply to Sky's reply to my earlier post.  Their reply came from customerservices, I sent mine back to Jeremy and James

Sirs,

As I suspected you could not be bothered to read my email and simply passed it onto some "robot" to send me an automated email.  How do I know - because it is the same one you have sent to others and I specifically made reference in my original email about not talking about moving to Sky Talk.

Again this is symptomatic of the contempt Sky have for their customers.  They see them merely as people who should give them money and not complain at all or if they do make it as difficult as possible to talk to somebody who could actually make a difference.

A quick check of the BT website shows that BT is currently offering free calls to UK landlines at the weekends and evenings inclusive of the line rental.  Given that roughly 80% of the nation still use BT your "generous" offer of 5p a minute is nothing short of robbery - At least Dick Turpin had the good grace to wear a mask when he was stealing

I neither expect or wish a reply from anybody other than the 2 gentlemen referenced in this e-mail.  To do so would be deeply offensive as I have had the good grace to contact you directly, the least you can do is respond directly as well.

Once again I ask you why Sky will not provide a normal 01/02/03 number for their customers to reach them on - Why the reluctance to provide such a number to those who wish to make use of the packages which give them the ability to call such numbers without additional call charges.   I would imagine that of the current 9 million customers who use your service, only around 1 - 2% would even use this method so you wouldn't be deprived of hardly any revenue sharing income and you might find that those 1 - 2% of people call to add services.  People want to give you money for a service you provide (Movies, sports etc)  NOT give you money simply for the privilege of calling you.

Yours

Chris

You might try following the complaints procedure on the Sky website -
http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyhelpcentre/accountadvice?title=HC-Artic...

If that fails complain to Ofcom.
It that fails, your next step could be to Mrs Redding the European Commissioner via your MEP. Mrs Redding is very exercised about premium rate numbers - check for other threads on this site

IP Logged

parknook

Reply #925 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 10:27am

No reply to my 2nd email as yet.  I'll give them until next Monday and then send another

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #926 - Jan 17th, 2010 at 5:07pm

Just to add from a earlier post from last November.

It is now possible to cancel Sky services using the contact form as the option has been added.

I know of a person on a forum who used this method and also asked for them not to contact them with any marketing and it has worked.

Sky's contact form: https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyhelpcentre/contactus/kana
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2010 at 12:14am by Ajay737 »  

IP Logged

tommy24

Reply #927 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 8:03pm

can i ask about mobile tv, this is the number here 08442411531, is there a 01 or 02 number?

IP Logged

lobby

Lancashire
Reply #928 - Jan 21st, 2010 at 3:18pm

Hi Guys,

Used the site to great effect for quite a while now  Grin   but have only just signed up  Embarrassed

Had to ring Sky earlier this week and, like everyone on here, I am cheesed off with the 0844 money making racket.

Offered a measly £3 a month off for 3 months on a 4 pack only - wouldn't even consider anything off an upgrade to full Sports pack - so I have cancelled the lot.

Today I get an e-mail inviting me to comment on my experience with Customer Services. Well, the lady I spoke to was pleasant enough -  no qualms there - but the 0844 bit was still rankling so ........   Angry

My reply is below and I thought that I would share it and if anyone else gets the e-mail invite and feels the same way, well feel free to copy the reply. I certainly don't expect a fiver to be put in the old coffers but, hey, if we all reply in like fashion perhaps the message might start to get through.

Dear Sky Customer Services,

Thank you for your e-mail inviting me to leave Customer Feedback following
my recent call to Sky's contact centre.

You say that "your views are very important to us and we use your feedback
to make improvements to our services". I can understand that and would like
to assist as much as I can. Unfortunately, though, due to the cost of now
having to call a 0844 premium rate number (instead of the old 0870 one) to
contact Sky, it has been necessary to introduce a charge of £5.00 in respect
of customer feedback surveys. I know that you - like me - may be
disappointed at the need to make a modest charge but I am sure that you will
understand that, in the current economic climate, everyone has to try and
improve their income stream even though this may be unpalatable to their
customers.

Please let me know if you would like proceed by crediting my Sky account
with the £5.00 fee and I will then arrange for the survey to be completed.

IP Logged

parknook

Reply #929 - Jan 21st, 2010 at 4:25pm

Grin  Grin Love the reply and suggest it become a template for everybody who is asked to fill out a customer survey form for Sky

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge