Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,324,609 times)
irrelevant

Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #885 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 8:28pm

Well I had my own marathon session to Sky today.  Tried dialing around the 015065227xx * range but no joy, so tried the 0800 number above.  First time it asked for my phone number, which I ignored, and eventually it gave up and took me to queue for India, where on answering, the person dropped the line on me mid-sentence..  Second time, it skipped the phone number question and took me straight through to  queue.  After going through security again, I was handed off to another queue to  cancel the products I wanted to, and when I said I needed to talk to the Sky Talk people too, was sent off to a menu, which was about a Box Office event, or moving home!  Eventually I found a menu option that got me a human, who found me a Sky Talk person who sort of helped me ..  10+ mins in a queue each time too..

Total time on the phone - 45 minutes and 8 seconds.  Very glad it wasn't on an 0844 !

Of course if their online service actually allowed you to downgrade your service, rather than just add to it, I could have completed things in a fraction of the time.  Of course, then they wouldn't have had the opportunity to try and talk me out of it.  Not that they tried very hard.

(I was removing products to save us £20/month, and adding Sky Talk freetime to stop them adding £5 to our broadband.  But that's OK as it's on a landline that never, ever, gets used for calls anyway!  Except maybe in future to Sky ..)

(*745,6,8,9 771,2 .. same voice saying service no longer available on all. 747 gave a box office menu few days ago)
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2009 at 8:30pm by irrelevant »  

IP Logged

Alisonsvilla

NE
Reply #886 - Dec 1st, 2009 at 7:17pm

Alisonsvilla wrote on Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:49pm:
I have been threatened with their bully boy tactics. If I don't pay the £35.16 I owe (yes they are billing  me for skytalk which I never received) then they will involve a debt collection agency.

If I don't respond within 10 days they will take the £209 outsatnding from my credit card!!!!!!!!!!

How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So am back to CAB tomorrow for 2nd vist

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

After trawling through here for most of the afternoon-I emailed customer services and used most of the names mentioned here-and also sent an email to andrew griffiths.

At just after 9am this morning I got a phone call to my mobile from jacqueline craig. They have cancelled my subscription and will pick up the equipment next week. That's the £209 and the outstanding £35.

Talk talk gets installed tomorrow-so hopefully all is well that ends well

IP Logged

flowergirl

Reply #887 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 10:55am

I wish you luck with TalkTalk.  My experience with TalkTalk calls and Broadband package was horrendous. Instead of setting up my service they disabled the connection in the exchange and refused to put it right, leaving me unable to make any phone calls without entering an override code.  I had to get BT to bail me out! Cancelled TalkTalk but they still sent the router (which I returned) and tried to take £150 from my bank account.  And of course they threatened me as a so-called bad debt.

IP Logged

flowergirl

Sky Customer Services 0844 complaints
Reply #888 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 11:28am

I comp-lained by email, here is the reply I received. 

"Thank you for your recent email regarding the use of 0844 numbers when contacting our Sky contact centres.

National rate numbers mean that customers pay the same rate - no matter where they are phoning from within the UK.

Sky invests £250 million a year on customer service and, unlike many other providers, we’re open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. You can call us for as little as 1.5p a minute from a landline at the weekend.

One option that you may like to consider, if you haven’t already done so, would be signing up for our award winning Sky Talk service.  As part of our Sky Talk packages, customers can call us for free in line with the tariff they have selected. 

With regards to BT cancelling your Sky subscription on your behalf, this would not be acceptable under current data protection guide lines as we would not discuss your account with any third party company."

The increase in your broadband subscription is due to the 12 month offer you where on coming to and end on the 04/09/2009.

Kind regards

Robert McKeown

Service Excellence Consultant"

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: Sky Customer Services 0844 complaints
Reply #889 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 12:38pm

flowergirl wrote on Dec 2nd, 2009 at 11:28am:
I comp-lained by email, here is the reply I received.  

"Thank you for your recent email regarding the use of 0844 numbers when contacting our Sky contact centres.

National rate numbers mean that customers pay the same rate - no matter where they are phoning from within the UK.

Sky invests £250 million a year on customer service and, unlike many other providers, we’re open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. You can call us for as little as 1.5p a minute from a landline at the weekend.

A Service Excellence Consultant (where on earth to they get these ridiculous non-job titles?) who is a
liar
(Sky's 0844 numbers are all 5p/minute AT ALL TIMES numbers).
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2009 at 12:42pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

flowergirl

Sky Customer Services
Reply #890 - Dec 2nd, 2009 at 12:53pm

I'm not surprised - that was their standard reply, which was obviously prepared by the PR people. It's annoying that they can get away with treating customers like this, yet they use titles like "Service Excellence Consultant "

IP Logged

jasonwatkins666

Reply #891 - Dec 4th, 2009 at 11:06am

Just used 0800 0468857 at 11am on 4th December and worked fine - didn't bother with the number and went straight through to India.

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Re: Sky Customer Services 0844 complaints
Reply #892 - Dec 4th, 2009 at 2:47pm

Heinz wrote on Dec 2nd, 2009 at 12:38pm:
A Service Excellence Consultant (where on earth to they get these ridiculous non-job titles?) who is a
liar
(Sky's 0844 numbers are all 5p/minute AT ALL TIMES numbers).

Its the same standard reply I received.

I did send a further 3 replies to this eventually getting an answer which I posted on page 62.

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #893 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 12:03pm

Ajay737 wrote on Nov 30th, 2009 at 2:46pm:
I sent this 4 days ago after I was told that they couldn't tell me over the phone how much I would owe to the end of my contract in February.

Dear Sir/Madam

I phoned today with two requests.

The first was to remove the Variety pack from my package but as I’d
added the Knowledge pack and News and Events pack a few days ago, I was
unable to do so as I apparently have to keep the pack for a minimum of
one month. If I wanted to add to my package, this is approved. A double
standard I think.
I shall be removing two of the packs in December now

The second was to request the amount I would owe until the 11th
February 2010 when my service will cease as it will be cancelled on
11th January. I was thinking of paying it off but as I have a credit on
my bill since cancelling Sky Sports, I don’t know how much the amount
will be.
I was told I have to write in to request this information and no doubt
would still have to phone to cancel on an 0844 number costing 5p per
minute.

I personally think that this is treating your customers with contempt
and I can’t wait to be rid of such a totalitarian company.

Yours Faithfully

Today I got a phone call on my mobile.
So after a chat and not even getting an offer to stay even for the hassle. I received this a few minutes ago.

Dear

Thanks for your email to Sky.
As per our telephone conversation, as confirmed, 11.04 GBP will be taken from your account on 25/12/09 for the bill period 25/12/09 to 24/01/10.
An amount of 11.32 GBP will be due for the period 25/01/010 to your requested cancellation date of 11/02/10.
I have placed a cancellation request for that date for the a/c to be closed, however, I will monitor this to insure that this has taken place.
I trust this claries things for you, and thanks for taking the time to contact Sky.
Kind regards

Customer Relations

I'll still phone a month before to cancel to make sure though.

I'm counting the days Smiley Smiley Smiley

I've had another result from the email I sent as today I received a letter from Sky advising that the service will end on 12/02/2010 so maybe a strongly worded letter actually makes them take notice. So I don't even have to phone now.

Very happy. Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

catj

Reply #894 - Dec 5th, 2009 at 8:27pm

The Advertising Standards Authority would surely have something to say about the usage of that phrase... "National rate numbers".
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2009 at 8:28pm by catj »  

IP Logged

and2ys

Reply #895 - Dec 6th, 2009 at 8:59am

Yet again the 0800 046557 no longer works Sky have removed this since yesterday 05 December 2009

IP Logged

IHateSKY

Reply #896 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:29pm

Alisonsvilla wrote on Dec 1st, 2009 at 7:17pm:
Alisonsvilla wrote on Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:49pm:
I have been threatened with their bully boy tactics. If I don't pay the £35.16 I owe (yes they are billing  me for skytalk which I never received) then they will involve a debt collection agency.

If I don't respond within 10 days they will take the £209 outsatnding from my credit card!!!!!!!!!!

How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So am back to CAB tomorrow for 2nd vist

A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

After trawling through here for most of the afternoon-I emailed customer services and used most of the names mentioned here-and also sent an email to andrew griffiths.

At just after 9am this morning I got a phone call to my mobile from jacqueline craig. They have cancelled my subscription and will pick up the equipment next week. That's the £209 and the outstanding £35.

Talk talk gets installed tomorrow-so hopefully all is well that ends well

OMG i cant believe it happened to you too?

I wonder how many more people have been subject to bully boy tactics by sky. Your story is nothing compared to mine.

I didn’t register with sky and they started charging me for call packages from 16th July 2008. I had no idea until I suddenly saw my account debited with 64.00 pounds. I was like what? My subscription is only 30 pounds with broadband, where did the other 34 pounds come from. I checked my bill and I saw that sky talk was added and I was being billed for call charges since 16th of july.

I phoned them and told them I never registered for sky talk, they go you must have otherwise we wouldn’t of added it. I was like well how come I didn’t get no confirmation or welcome letter? Or anything like that. He goes well you should have. I then asked him to show me proof that I signed up. He goes you must have done it over the phone. I said I never signed up over the phone. Why would I when someone else in my household pays for the phone line/charges to BT?

He goes well if you don’t want it then I can cancel it but he tried to make me stay on, the bloody cheeky git. I told him no I don’t want it and he goes it will take 30 days after which it will cancel. I was really angry but I said ok.

Then after 3 months, ( I phoned in September)  sky talk was finally cancelled in December 2008, 6 months after it was added without my permission. I obviously had to pay the bills for it. In Jan I didn’t receive no bill so I was happy.

I reported Sky to Ofcom for unfair trading and they said they would monitor the activity of sky from now on.

INTERMISSION

Now if you want to take a break, please do, grab a coffee and come back for the 2nd part.

9 months gone by and everything going rosy, im paying half price for sky packs and broadband and no other charges.

Then suddenly I check my bank statement and I see that my account has been debited with 543.00 pounds. I was like WTFF? Wtf is going on and next to the name it said SKY!!!. I was like .. I knew it. Those basterds started all again. I was so mad, if I saw a sky person, I would of killed them there and then.

I quickly phoned my bank and done indemnity claim, I got all my money back from the bank and they inturn took it back from sky.

I phone sky, they have no idea what happened. I check my bill and I see that since may 2009-oct-2009, sky talk has been charging me for call I made while im with BT. I told them it was cancelled in JAN last year how did it get added, they said they don’t know but will investigate the matter. In the meantime, I cancelled again and went back to BT again in OCT 2009.

Im going back and forth sky,bt, sky, bt, each blaming each other and now one willing to resolve it. I reported sky to ofcom again!!! Finally sky decided they were going to launch a formal investigation into the matter and it would take 30 days. NO SKY TV OR ANYTHING WHILE OUTSTANDING BALANCE.

30 days later they tell me, but ur you had sky talk and it was cancelled in oct. I was like yes I know that you muppet but I didn’t order it. They asked for BT bill for the same period, I gave it to them. Now waiting to hear back.

I was about to call them and this is when I stumped across this forum and saw this post. I cant believe they doing this to other ppl and getting away with it. I hope no one goes through wat I am going through, as far as sky is concerned, that is it from me with them, NO MORE SKY EVER!!!

« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:30pm by IHateSKY »  

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #897 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 2:52pm

How were they able to take the money out of your bank? I would suggest the direct debit guarentee was broken. If you pay say £30 a month to a company, they can't take more money without giving you notice. (I think it is two weeks). I would report Sky to your bank for contravening the direct debit agreement. Also I would report them to any other body that may have an interest.

Reading what goes on with Sky makes me feel good that I have just four channels on my TV!!!!!

IP Logged

IHateSKY

Reply #898 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 3:03pm

I done what in banking term is 'indemnity claim'. You can claim back any amount that is taken by direct debit that you feel is unlawful. In this case 543 pounds. All banks have a legal requirement to return the money within 48 hours, however this is usually done within 24 hours of making the claim. They ofcourse get thier money back from the service provider.

I didn't know about the direct debit gurantee thing, i will look that up.

I don't know who else to complain to. Ofcom only deals with thousands of complaints as oppose to individual disputes.

Does anyone know any consumer complaints body that i can talk to? Or perhaps sue them or take them to court in anyway?

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #899 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 3:10pm

You should always receive a guarentee with every direct debit you set up.

More information here http://www.bacs.co.uk/bacs/businesses/directdebit/collecting/pages/customersrigh...

I have copied the main part........

Your customers rights

As a collector of Direct Debits from other organisations and the general public, the Direct Debit Guarantee plays a vital role in giving your customers complete reassurance, knowing they are protected by a number of safeguards.

Direct Debit is the only payment method with a money back guarantee.
The Direct Debit Guarantee

* This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
   * If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit (insert your organisation name)will notify you (insert number of) working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request (insert your organisation name) to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
   * If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by (insert your organisation name) or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
          If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when (insert your organisation name) asks you to
   * You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.

In other words they (in your case Sky) must notify you of any change in the amount they are going to deduct or frequency of payment.

Hope this will be of help to you
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2009 at 3:14pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge