Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,321,296 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #870 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:02pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 12:47pm:
Dave wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 11:29am:
Calls to 01/02/03/0870 and mobile numbers are rounded up to the next whole minute. 084x/0871/09xx are not.

So they are rounded down to the nearest whole minute and not charged per second then?  Also they appear to have no connection charge either based on the above billing item?  At least this is something I suppose given the otherwise high per minute charges.  But how is the customer supposed to understand one lot of telephone number call prefixes having one billing convention and another lot following a different one.  A different number of pence per minute is simple enough.

I believe that the call charge of "0.700" quoted by Ajay is exclusive of VAT.

Calculation is as follows (14.5 minutes is a rough approximation, good enough for this calculation):

4.255pence x 14.5minutes + 7.869 pence [connection charge] = 69.5665 pence

Round it up to the next whole penny and you get 70 pence, the same as Ajay's bill.
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:03pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #871 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:08pm

Dave wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:02pm:
Round it up to the next whole penny and you get 70 pence, the same as Ajay's bill.

So bad news then Ajay.  The charge is actually 80p including the VAT.

<div style=

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #872 - Nov 24th, 2009 at 8:33pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:08pm:
Dave wrote on Nov 24th, 2009 at 1:02pm:

So bad news then Ajay.  The charge is actually 80p including the VAT.

Ohhhhhhh Noooooooo Shocked

I presume the VAT on my next BT bill due on January 3rd will still be 15% otherwise its going to be at 17.5% which is 0.8225p and rounded up would be 0.83p Cry

Must remember Sky are doing this for mine and every other customers benefit Angry

IP Logged

irrelevant

Reply #873 - Nov 25th, 2009 at 1:01am

Well a "Please call us with regard to upgrading our package" just got me an email back from sky pointing at their web pages!

Of course, all you can do on the web pages is *add* to your packages, not remove anything.  Sigh.

Especially irritating as it was so obviously a form email..

I'm SO seriously considering dropping sky altogether..  especially as they want to put the broadband up by another fiver if I don't take sky talk.  (No big deal, as they only know a phone line that we don't actually use to make any calls on, but it's the point of the thing..)  I'll have to see what channels the rest of the family actually watch....

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #874 - Nov 25th, 2009 at 6:14pm

Finally got a reply to my third email.

Dear

Thank you for your further email regarding 0844 numbers.

Sky disables these numbers as they direct customers to a department which has no customer systems and no system in which to transfer customers to the call centre. If, or when, customers call these numbers they will always be advised to redial the contact centre number.

I can also confirm Sky is not the only company to use such numbers.

In regards to reducing you package, I can confirm any email sent to our help centre will be actioned; it may however take more then 48 hours to have this answered.

In regards to a broadband deals available, any information regarding this will be supplied on our website, www.sky.com/broadband and should you wish to do so you can also subscribe to this service via the order options.

I am sorry I could not offer a more favourable reply however Sky will not be moving away from 08442 numbers.

Kind Regards

Lisa McIlwaine

Service Excellence Consultant

* CRSupport@bskyb.com

Any numbers I have used from here have always taken me to the same menu as the 0844 number.

I was looking at taking my phone and email over but resigned to O2 and BT free evenings and weekend calls yesterday as I got a similar retention offer from O2 as Sky are offering and the price is the same.

So one more call to cancel in January.

IP Logged

johnogate

Harrogate
Reply #875 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 2:34pm

Not that it will make any difference but I have sent the following e-mail to the Chief Exec of Sky and to Customer Services whose addresses are kindly provided by SayNoto0870.

"I am a Sky customer of some longstanding paying you something like £55 per month for my package and wish to register my strong objection to your use of 0844 numbers since these are not included in my BT phone tariff and I have to pay extra for them.

I object in principle to paying you money when enquiring about buying your products when all you’re doing is sitting there exposing yourselves to the danger of taking an order! That’s some cheek you’ve got. When I had some questions to ask before upgrading to HD your sales person then tried to extol the virtues of your phone and internet package. This is not a problem if you’re paying for the call but very rude when I am. I suppose I would get my customer service calls free if I switched totally to your package but I’m very happy with my current phone and internet providers and have no wish to change.

Interestingly enough my telephone provider now includes 0870 and 0845 numbers in my standard tariff; you used to have these didn’t you? Why did you switch to 0844 numbers?"

This will be like water off a duck's back to Sky but at least it gave me some small satisfaction, just like scratching an itch that you couldn't previously get at; so thanks once again to SayNo for giving me somone to shoot at! Of course I know exactly why they switched to 0844 numbers but I thought I would ask the question in naive fashion anyway just to get up their nose and see if they play it back with the straight corporate bat.

IP Logged

missy06

Reply #876 - Nov 28th, 2009 at 6:58pm

0800 0468857  worked for me today! Grin

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #877 - Nov 29th, 2009 at 2:34pm

Same here (29-11-09) - had to wait ages (thank heavens for the loudspeaker function on my phone) listening to their adverts but got through to India eventually.

Same again today (30-11-09) but instant answer and knowledgable assistance to change boxes and get Sky+ functionality switched on.
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2009 at 1:07pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Peasant

Kent
Reply #878 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 10:00am

missy06 wrote on Nov 28th, 2009 at 6:58pm:
0800 0468857  worked for me today! Grin

Brilliant Cool  Worked for me today.
Sky tried to charge me a month's cancellation fee for cancelling through their website.  I had written letters to explain that they had acknowledged the cancellation by email.  It cut no ice, they had got to the stage of debt collection letter.   I got through on 0800 0468857  and spoke to a guy who initially tried to tell me I had to pay the month's fee.  When I pointed out that the cancellation acknowledgement did not mention this, neither did they phone me at the time I had stipulated (at their request).  He changed tack and said he'd arrange for the charge to be cancelled.  So  BYE! bye! Sky Grin

IP Logged

mikrik

London
Reply #879 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 2:04pm

Thankyou missy06 just confirmed cancellation on the o800 number after completing contact form & acknowledgement came back.  We will be charged part of the month - so try & cancel day before direct debit is due out - go to online sky a/c & check when & whats been taken.  But thank you so very much Grin Grin

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #880 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 2:46pm

I sent this 4 days ago after I was told that they couldn't tell me over the phone how much I would owe to the end of my contract in February.

Dear Sir/Madam

I phoned today with two requests.

The first was to remove the Variety pack from my package but as I’d
added the Knowledge pack and News and Events pack a few days ago, I was
unable to do so as I apparently have to keep the pack for a minimum of
one month. If I wanted to add to my package, this is approved. A double
standard I think.
I shall be removing two of the packs in December now

The second was to request the amount I would owe until the 11th
February 2010 when my service will cease as it will be cancelled on
11th January. I was thinking of paying it off but as I have a credit on
my bill since cancelling Sky Sports, I don’t know how much the amount
will be.
I was told I have to write in to request this information and no doubt
would still have to phone to cancel on an 0844 number costing 5p per
minute.

I personally think that this is treating your customers with contempt
and I can’t wait to be rid of such a totalitarian company.

Yours Faithfully

Today I got a phone call on my mobile (they don't have my landline number even though I've told them about 30 times what it is. It showed up as a freephone number, but unfortunately it only goes to a recorded message saying that someone from Sky had phoned Angry

So after a chat and not even getting an offer to stay or even for the hassle. I received this a few minutes ago.

Dear

Thanks for your email to Sky.
As per our telephone conversation, as confirmed, 11.04 GBP will be taken from your account on 25/12/09 for the bill period 25/12/09 to 24/01/10.
An amount of 11.32 GBP will be due for the period 25/01/010 to your requested cancellation date of 11/02/10.
I have placed a cancellation request for that date for the a/c to be closed, however, I will monitor this to insure that this has taken place.
I trust this claries things for you, and thanks for taking the time to contact Sky.
Kind regards
Robin Bourn
Customer Relations

I'll still phone a month before to cancel to make sure though.

I'm counting the days Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

agentq

Sheffield
Reply #881 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 3:40pm

I made a formal complaint to Sky about their use of 0844 numbers and this is their reply

"Thank you for your recent email regarding the use of 0844 numbers when contacting our Sky contact centres.
National rate numbers mean that customers pay the same rate - no matter where they are phoning from within the UK. 

"Sky invests £250 million a year on customer service and, unlike many other providers, we’re open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. You can call us for as little as 5p a minute from a BT landline (9.2p connection charge) at any time.

"One option that you may like to consider, if you haven’t already done so, would be signing up for our award winning Sky Talk service.  As part of our Sky Talk packages, customers can call us for free in line with the tariff they have selected

"Finally, if you would prefer not to call but require advice or assistance, our Sky.com website hosts a massive range information available to our customers and includes the option to email our customer care team.

"Yours sincerely

"(name removed)

"Customer Relations"

Why train with number one when you can train with 007

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #882 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:05pm

agentq wrote on Nov 30th, 2009 at 3:40pm:
I made a formal complaint to Sky about their use of 0844 numbers and this is their reply

"Thank you for your recent email regarding the use of 0844 numbers when contacting our Sky contact centres.
National rate numbers mean that customers pay the same rate - no matter where they are phoning from within the UK.  

"Sky invests £250 million a year on customer service and, unlike many other providers, we’re open 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. You can call us for as little as 5p a minute from a BT landline (9.2p connection charge) at any time.

"One option that you may like to consider, if you haven’t already done so, would be signing up for our award winning Sky Talk service.  As part of our Sky Talk packages, customers can call us for free in line with the tariff they have selected

"Finally, if you would prefer not to call but require advice or assistance, our Sky.com website hosts a massive range information available to our customers and includes the option to email our customer care team.

"Yours sincerely

"(name removed)

"Customer Relations"

At least they've updated their call price in paragraph 2 compared to the reply I got posted on page 60. Grin

IP Logged

Alisonsvilla

NE
Reply #883 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 5:49pm

I have been threatened with their bully boy tactics. If I don't pay the £35.16 I owe (yes they are billing  me for skytalk which I never received) then they will involve a debt collection agency.

If I don't respond within 10 days they will take the £209 outsatnding from my credit card!!!!!!!!!!

How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So am back to CAB tomorrow for 2nd vist

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #884 - Nov 30th, 2009 at 7:02pm

Phone your credit card supplier and cancel the credit card, then chop it up and then apply for a new one

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, CJT-80, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge