Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,327,008 times)
Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #960 - Mar 27th, 2010 at 6:57pm

bazzerfewi wrote on Mar 21st, 2010 at 5:19pm:
Heinz

WHAT A NEGATIVE COMMENT "YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF"

Well I'm not (even though you chose to shout for some reason).

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

heroesfan

Reply #961 - Mar 28th, 2010 at 10:28am

no need for the use of capitals on this thread, unless they are targeted at sky lol!
Just to say the 0800 0466432 number listed on the main page has worked a treat over the last week and this weekend. I have telephoned a few times during this period and the call is answered within 3 minutes each time (even at the 'busy time') and the questions i have are answered fairly swiftly.
Pehaps sky have had a change of heart, and decided to keep the freephone number open for us.....

Yeh, thought not, enjoy while it lasts!

IP Logged

IHateSKY

Reply #962 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 1:44pm

UPDATE:  31/03/20010

For anyone interested please look at my previous 5 posts for what im talking about.

Sky have said that they 'the service didn't completely shut down hence as a gesture of good will they will reduce the bill by 50% to 240.00 pounds"

That so nice of them considering that the service was cancelled since I didnt recieve the service for 4 months and then suddenly reappered after 4 months. Slamming?

Asked a lawyer and she said unless sky can prove that you signed up again, you can take them to court.

I intend to and as soon as otelo have finished thier premilinary hearing - I will take them to court.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2010 at 1:45pm by IHateSKY »  

IP Logged

bazzerfewi
Supreme Member

Baz

Barnsley
Reply #963 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 1:58pm

Good for it Smiley Knock 'm' dead

WWW bazzerfewi aom@blueyonder.co.uk  
IP Logged

Ophiicus

Reply #964 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 1:26pm

Amazing - the freephone number for Sky listed above is still working as of 13:00 today (13/04/10).  I should also point out I was able to comply with all the automated security rigmarole and still get through (to someone who asked me all the same questions again).  Someone must be on holiday!
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2010 at 1:28pm by Ophiicus »  

IP Logged

camus021

Sky
Reply #965 - Apr 23rd, 2010 at 9:49am

Freephone number for Sky 0800 046 6432

IP Logged

theGh0st

Sky UK - Sky Talk Number
Reply #966 - May 1st, 2010 at 12:36pm

Done a search for the following alternative number but seems it's not on your system.

This is the Sky Talk number.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Sky UK - Sky Talk Number
Reply #967 - May 1st, 2010 at 2:52pm

theGh0st wrote on May 1st, 2010 at 12:36pm:
Done a search for the following alternative number but seems it's not on your system.

This is the Sky Talk number.

Beggars can't be choosers! And certainly not where Sky is concerned. Roll Eyes

There are a number of entries for Sky (BSkyB) which have a 0800 number in. Try that and let us know how you get on.
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2010 at 2:53pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

bri1977

Reply #968 - May 15th, 2010 at 2:01pm

heroesfan wrote on Mar 28th, 2010 at 10:28am:
no need for the use of capitals on this thread, unless they are targeted at sky lol!
Just to say the 0800 0466432 number listed on the main page has worked a treat over the last week and this weekend. I have telephoned a few times during this period and the call is answered within 3 minutes each time (even at the 'busy time') and the questions i have are answered fairly swiftly.
Pehaps sky have had a change of heart, and decided to keep the freephone number open for us.....

^^ Still going strong

IP Logged

Ajay737

North West
Reply #969 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 2:49pm

bri1977 wrote on May 15th, 2010 at 2:01pm:
heroesfan wrote on Mar 28th, 2010 at 10:28am:

^^ Still going strong

Bad news.

Recorded message now says that this number is now closed and to use the rip off 08442. Angry

IP Logged

smileyeyes

..what goes around - comes
around

~ ESSEX ~
Reply #970 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 3:18pm

Now that Sky have stopped the 0800 0466432 number, what happens next ?
How do we get another freephone number or a geo number?

Embarrassed

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #971 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 7:19pm

Ajay737 wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 at 2:49pm:
Bad news.

Recorded message now says that this number is now closed and to use the rip off 08442. Angry

Thanks. I've removed this number from the database.  Smiley

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #972 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 7:44pm

smileyeyes wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 at 3:18pm:

Embarrassed

Sky have taken a long time to withdraw this 0800 number despite the fact it was being widely used by members of the public.  This suggests to me that it was an important 0800 number being used by Sky installers or other similar Sky agents or employees who clearly did not want to have to pay a covert premium rate to call Sky.

That being so I would suggest it is likely that a new 0800 number has been created by Sky and released to this privileged group just as the current 0800 number has been withdrawn.  It therefore seems likely that somebody who knows the new 0800 number and is opposed to the public being ripped off by Sky whenever they need to change their channel package (since Sky bloody mindedly refuses to provide this option through their online management portal unless you wish to take the full Sky World + HD ripoff package) may provide the replacement 0800 number to the saynoto0870.com website at some point.

In the interim users of this website who are also Sky customers are recommended to register with Sky for online account management and then leave a message using the online account management portal telling Sky that they are interested in upgrading their current package in some respect that involves paying Sky more money.  This always leads to a rapid call back by a member of Sky's staff.  By contrast messages through the portal for a call back about desubscribing or reducing your channel package are usually totally ignored.  So the trick is to tell them you want to do something that involves paying Sky more money and then when they call you give them the bad news that you actually want to downgrade or desubscribe. Although be warned that they are usually extremely obstructive about desubscribing and often try to suggest that this department is currently closed and keeps shorter hours than normal customer services and you will have to call the back when they are open...............

<div style=

IP Logged

CJT-80
Global Moderator

Manchester
Reply #973 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 11:11pm

This is slightly off Topic, but relates to Sky!

Having been almost "wooed" back to Sky with a somewhat good deal, however after being basically mucked about and totally hacked off with them, I am lodging a formal complaint with their Customer Relations team, and Trading Standards in Scotland and my local area..

I am almost wishing they went bust! However I understand we all need jobs!

I will be pointing out my total fustration in their continued use of 0844 numbers, basically milking us for all they can!

Rant over ..  Smiley

Regards,

CJT-80

Any comments made are my own and are not those of SayNoTo0870.com

IP Logged

smileyeyes

..what goes around - comes
around

~ ESSEX ~
Reply #974 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 8:05am

NGMsGhost wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 at 7:44pm:
smileyeyes wrote on Jun 4th, 2010 at 3:18pm:

Embarrassed

Sky have taken a long time to withdraw this 0800 number despite the fact it was being widely used by members of the public.  This suggests to me that it was an important 0800 number being used by Sky installers or other similar Sky agents or employees who clearly did not want to have to pay a covert premium rate to call Sky.

That being so I would suggest it is likely that a new 0800 number has been created by Sky and released to this privileged group just as the current 0800 number has been withdrawn.  It therefore seems likely that somebody who knows the new 0800 number and is opposed to the public being ripped off by Sky whenever they need to change their channel package (since Sky bloody mindedly refuses to provide this option through their online management portal unless you wish to take the full Sky World + HD ripoff package) may provide the replacement 0800 number to the saynoto0870.com website at some point.

In the interim users of this website who are also Sky customers are recommended to register with Sky for online account management and then leave a message using the online account management portal telling Sky that they are interested in upgrading their current package in some respect that involves paying Sky more money.  This always leads to a rapid call back by a member of Sky's staff.  By contrast messages through the portal for a call back about desubscribing or reducing your channel package are usually totally ignored.  So the trick is to tell them you want to do something that involves paying Sky more money and then when they call you give them the bad news that you actually want to downgrade or desubscribe. Although be warned that they are usually extremely obstructive about desubscribing and often try to suggest that this department is currently closed and keeps shorter hours than normal customer services and you will have to call the back when they are open...............

Good thinking BatMan, I mean NGMsGhost.  I'll try the email/message route and hopefully get a call back. 
Hope someone gives us a new number soon - so many people need to contact Sky, they really must be raking it in!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge