Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,322,484 times)
g-t

Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #990 - Aug 18th, 2010 at 3:24pm

sirtopher wrote on Aug 2nd, 2010 at 12:05pm:
Without thinking I waisted my time trying to send an email to Sky - bad idea.
Then I remembered syanoto0870, one of the most useful sites in the world.
I dialed 0800 051 2597  selected the option that I was planning to leave sky - always a good choice, it gets their attention, you get answered faster by a more experienced person.
Problem solved.  Hooray.

Called to cancel my sky as they making far too much out of me.  What with their 0844 number and increase in price plus an extra 2.5% increase in Vat from January I decided they can keep it.  Phoned on the number 0800 051 2597 (above) and got through to a real nice guy called Gordon who offered me 10%  Undecidedoff for 12 months for renewing my contract.  Not wanting to be pushed into it I said no ta and then he came back with  Shocked25% off for 12 months so I'm paying less than i was before.  Thinking of adding to my package now!!
Amazing what you can do with a little leverage.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #991 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 12:28pm

g-t wrote on Aug 18th, 2010 at 3:24pm:
Called to cancel my sky as they making far too much out of me.  What with their 0844 number and increase in price plus an extra 2.5% increase in Vat from January I decided they can keep it.

Great move.  Especially when you will find a lot of smaller channels on your Sky box are still available box without a subscription.  Main way they have possibly got you though is if you use Sky+ or Sky HD as that won't go on recording without paying a £10 per month recording charge.  This charge is of course waived if you take any channel package from them.

Quote:
Phoned on the number 0800 051 2597 (above) and got through to a real nice guy called Gordon who offered me 10%  Undecidedoff for 12 months for renewing my contract.  Not wanting to be pushed into it I said no ta and then he came back with  Shocked25% off for 12 months so I'm paying less than i was before.  Thinking of adding to my package now!!

I don't wish to sound rude but this sounds a bit like an alcoholic or junkie who has firmly reserved to go Cold Turkey but then has their mind changed when their supplier offers them a 25% short term discount.

Sky are obviously relying on the fact that when you get to the end of this 12 months contract you will be busy with other things and that it will be at least another 2 or 3 years before you review whether you aren't paying them too much money.

I doubt they will give you the 25% off for any further channel package additions now that they have already managed to hook you back in for 12 months.  Note that at the full price you could have left on one months notice at any time..............
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2010 at 12:39pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #992 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 12:49pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Aug 27th, 2010 at 12:28pm:
… Main way they have possibly got you though is if you use Sky+ or Sky HD as that won't go on recording without paying a £10 per month recording charge.  This charge is of course waived if you take any channel package from them.

So $ky charge you each and every way you turn!!  Shocked

A so-called "Sky Plus" box is yours to keep. It contains a hard drive which programmes can be recorded, but in order for that to function you must keep paying Sky for use of your own equipment!!

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #993 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 1:00pm

Dave wrote on Aug 27th, 2010 at 12:49pm:
So $ky charge you each and every way you turn!!  Shocked

A so-called "Sky Plus" box is yours to keep. It contains a hard drive which programmes can be recorded, but in order for that to function you must keep paying Sky for use of your own equipment!!

Yes this was a new dodge they came up with when they came out with Sky+ to stop people from unsubscribing.  I'm sure they would have found a way to send a kill signal to an original basic non recording Sky box to stop it working if you unsubscribed or alternatively collected your equipment if you unsubscribed had the regulatory regime imposed on them not prevented them from doing so.

However I have here a PVR device called a Tivo that works quite happily with my standard Sky box recording programs off all its FTA channel with advanced features like Season Passes and Wishlists.  Also there is of course www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=products.Products&type_id=3 for those who want to watch and record tv transmitted in HD by satellite without paying a subscription whilst the HD Freeview service has also now been launched in the London Crystal Palace transmitter area and will be available nationwide by 2012.  See www.freeview.co.uk/HD
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2010 at 1:03pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

g-t

Reply #994 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 4:29pm

I was very reluctant to renew my contract as I was debating whether it was worth it or not.  I checked and double checked that my 25% discount would apply to any package I decide to up/downgrade to and was pleased to hear it would be across the board.
We in the house do watch alot of SKY programs (as in my opinion the BBC, ITV and the like are total b*lls making shed loads of cash out of everyone of us and giving twaddle back) and I use the Sky+ a fair bit so this was in my eyes,a good deal.  As for it may be 2 - 3 years before I notice its gone up then I have it written on my calendar to ring them back and see what eif they are willing to do this again.  Just thought I'd put it here in case anyone has had it for years and wanted to save a bit of cash.  I signed up for 12 months and got the discount for the entirity of my contract (although they did try and give it me for 6 months, I just held out).

If like me you are wanting to save cash on Sky it may be worth your while giving them a ring and seeing what they'll do for you.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #995 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 5:00pm

g-t wrote on Aug 27th, 2010 at 4:29pm:
We in the house do watch alot of SKY programs (as in my opinion the BBC, ITV and the like are total b*lls making shed loads of cash out of everyone of us and giving twaddle back) and I use the Sky+ a fair bit so this was in my eyes,a good deal.  As for it may be 2 - 3 years before I notice its gone up then I have it written on my calendar to ring them back and see what eif they are willing to do this again.  Just thought I'd put it here in case anyone has had it for years and wanted to save a bit of cash.  I signed up for 12 months and got the discount for the entirity of my contract (although they did try and give it me for 6 months, I just held out).

If like me you are wanting to save cash on Sky it may be worth your while giving them a ring and seeing what they'll do for you.

I agree that if you use the Sky+ service and also watch a fair bit of Premier League football, rugby or test cricket then Sky do somewhat have you have over a barrel, especially if you don't live in a Virgin cable area.  The Sky+ recording charge issue can be resolved by switching to a Freesat HD PVR or a Freeview PVR box but then you have make do without Sky Sports, Sky One, Eurosport 1+2 and National Geographic if you watch any of those.  Most of the other multi channel stations on Sky just show repeats of BBC, ITV, C4 and Five stuff so I don't really see the point of those.  So far as movies are concerned there are lots of online alternatives to the Sky Movie channels and also DVDs and Blu-Ray discs.

However Sky is convenient and the other options are generally more technically fiddly which is of course how they manage to retain so many customers....

<div style=

IP Logged

kungpo

Reply #996 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 10:00pm

g-t wrote on Aug 18th, 2010 at 3:24pm:
sirtopher wrote on Aug 2nd, 2010 at 12:05pm:
Without thinking I waisted my time trying to send an email to Sky - bad idea.
Then I remembered syanoto0870, one of the most useful sites in the world.
I dialed 0800 051 2597  selected the option that I was planning to leave sky - always a good choice, it gets their attention, you get answered faster by a more experienced person.
Problem solved.  Hooray.

Called to cancel my sky as they making far too much out of me.  What with their 0844 number and increase in price plus an extra 2.5% increase in Vat from January I decided they can keep it.  Phoned on the number 0800 051 2597 (above) and got through to a real nice guy called Gordon who offered me 10%  Undecidedoff for 12 months for renewing my contract.  Not wanting to be pushed into it I said no ta and then he came back with  Shocked25% off for 12 months so I'm paying less than i was before.  Thinking of adding to my package now!!

Just off the phone (after calling 0800 051 2597 to cancel Sky, entertainment pack only), chap offered 25% 0ff for a year or half-price  for 6 months, including  sky sports.  Yupee!  Thanks, guys for the great thread
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2010 at 10:04pm by kungpo »  

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #997 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 10:13pm

kungpo wrote on Sep 7th, 2010 at 10:00pm:
Just off the phone (after calling 0800 051 2597 to cancel Sky, entertainment pack only), chap offered 25% 0ff for a year or half-price  for 6 months, including  sky sports.  Yupee!  Thanks, guys for the great thread

Surely half price for 6 months gives you the same total pounds value discount as 25% off for 12months while you only have to pay Sky half the amount of money you would pay them in 12 months. Smiley

Unless I am missing something two lots of 6 months at half price would surely therefore also be a 50% discount.  Even if Sky won't give you another 6 months at half price in 6 months time you are still left with the option to cancel with them instead which you don't have with the 12 months at 25% discount deal.

There is surely something rather wrong somewhere in their commercial logic here...............................
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2010 at 10:14pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

Rouchent

Reply #998 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 12:34pm

Just used this number today and was answered within 4 minutes.
Very helpfuland sorted out my issues.
Also logged my complaint about 0870/0844/5 numbers.
Please do this EVERY time you phone and they may eventually get the hint. Or not!!
Thanks to whoever found this number.

IP Logged

ladymeba

Reply #999 - Sep 26th, 2010 at 11:21pm

Just used 0800 0512597 - didn't mess around chose the option to leave was answered within a matter of minutes - I began by apologising for probably being in the wrong department but the guy was really helpful and when I explained that I couldn't afford a new box or an engineer they offerred to replace it for free... AND I didn't have to pay for an expensive phone call either!

IP Logged

operator

Aberdeen (originally Glasgow)
Reply #1000 - Oct 2nd, 2010 at 6:09pm

Just called 0800 0512597 and was kept hanging on for 31 minutes, I stopped the call and dialed 08000466436 and the call was answered in 2 minutes and 31 seconds. Maybe it is best to avoid the first one and use the second one instead.

IP Logged

Mancunian

Reply #1001 - Oct 5th, 2010 at 6:19pm

0800 051 2597 worked today, many thanks

IP Logged

heroesfan

Reply #1002 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 4:29pm

operator wrote on Oct 2nd, 2010 at 6:09pm:
Just called 0800 0512597 and was kept hanging on for 31 minutes, I stopped the call and dialed 08000466436 and the call was answered in 2 minutes and 31 seconds. Maybe it is best to avoid the first one and use the second one instead.

I have to admit, i gave it a go on Saturday too, and right at the start of the call they said that they were extremely busy and the queue was approx. 19 minutes. So waiting 'till Sunday @10AM, and w.o.w... answered no later than going through the options (which to be honest takes a couple of mins), but yeh, straight away i got a friendly operator who sorted out my 3 months half price deal.

Very happy with the service i received (which i think is a lot better than 1 year ago, fair play to Sky for that!) and the freephone number makes all the difference.

IP Logged

Ophiicus

Reply #1003 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 12:50pm

Just called 08000466436 (12:30 15/10/10) and was answered instantly (less than 10 seconds) by an operator who politely and swiftly took off my SkySports package, without even attempting to talk me out of it.

IP Logged

alggomas

What works or you - SKY
Reply #1004 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 1:54pm

SKY

TRY 08000512597

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, bbb_uk, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge