Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,321,390 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #135 - Dec 13th, 2006 at 3:31pm

Does no-one on here have an inclusive package where calls to 01/02 geographical numbers are 'free'? Does the 01 number that is in the database and that I have posted on here no longer work? If you have an inclusive package it does not make any difference to you whether you call a 01/02 number or 0800/0808 as they're both non-chargeable to you.

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #136 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 12:04am

Heinz wrote on Dec 13th, 2006 at 1:44pm:
4PetesSake wrote on Dec 12th, 2006 at 11:09pm:
I guess we will need to ensure that it is not published on here or revealed to any Sky Personnel posing as a Sky Customer. Otherwise we will be back to square one again.

Agreed.  I note that there are already 3 requests above from first time posters (I'll leave the decision whether to respond with bbb_uk).

Yes I too think that it is better for the Mods to make the decision. If they give it out to all newbies and it is quickly shut down then it is clear that Sky will stop at noting to infiltrate this site. Sorry to you genuine newbies but I am sure that you will be able to understand the current dilemma the Mods have in revealing this number to lots of new members.

As an alternative, have you tried the Geo number given on the main site, if you fail to get through on the number ending 82, just alter the last 2 digits until you succeed. It won't take you long. When you have succeeded, please, please, do not post the Geo number on here.

IP Logged

Chris_M

Reply #137 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 3:13am

I've just registered today, as I need the Sky number to change my payment details.

I think it's unfair to perhaps deny a newbie the 0800 number simply because of a low post count.  I understand the reasoning behind it but it still is unfair.

IMO, a fairer way is to perhaps have a ratio system.  I have contributed a geographical number in the past, which can be verified via the IP logs, so despite having a low post count, I should qualify for the secret number.  Wink Grin

IP Logged

doug11

Reply #138 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 12:26pm

I have read the comments since my initial plea for the sky freephone number.

Whilst I can agree with some of the sentiments is not the purpose of this site to cause the greatest annoyance to the individual companies by denying them revenue from the 0870 numbers. If this is the case then surely publishing the number causes the company the greatest amount of damge. Whereas keep the number secret has no impact on the company and achieves there aim of collecting revenue from the unsuspecting public.

Yes they may cut the number as before but a new one is always found in the end.

What is this siyte for but to hit the companies where it hurts in the bank balance.

IP Logged

homerpovey

Over there
Reply #139 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 3:32pm

Interesting!

I've just phoned Sky on the 01 number, during which I had to be transferred to Technical support but was told there was a very long wait for this and was given an 0870 number to call when less busy. I then asked for an 01 number as it would be a very expensive call and she quoted this website to get it! So Sky definitely keep tabs on this place as previously mentioned.

IP Logged

Elize

Reply #140 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 3:36pm

hello    I have just spent 43 minutes on the phone trying to get through to sky customer services and finally got through then was disconnected Sad   please does any one have the 0800 number

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #141 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 5:28pm

I would like to re-iterate Dave's comment above:-

Quote:
Does no-one on here have an inclusive package where calls to 01/02 geographical numbers are 'free'? Does the 01 number that is in the database and that I have posted on here no longer work? If you have an inclusive package it does not make any difference to you whether you call a 01/02 number or 0800/0808 as they're both non-chargeable to you

By ringing Sky on the 01/02 geographical number (providing you have 'free' mins) instead of the freephone then Sky are unaware of this.  However, ringing on a freephone, Sky would be aware simply because these numbers carry 'stats' and Sky will notice from the 'stats' the increase in calls to their freephone number and will stop it and maybe issue another one.  This really doesn't cost Sky much at all to do this so it's not really hurting them.

Mad as it seems, ringing on an 01/02 number means not only loss of revenue but also Sky are not aware of the extra increase in traffic to the number so they don't know (unless they get it from this site) but even if they do realise people are ringing on an 01/02 number, it actually costs Sky more money to stop/block a geographical number (and possibly nearby number ranges) and then having the added costs of getting new lines in from BT to replace those that they've cut off.  This will cost Sky more money than ringing on an freephone number which, as stated earlier, probably costs Sky nothing to get a new freephone number.

Also, for those fed up of ringing Sky (or any other company for that matter) using these numbers then why not email them using, as a draft, the letter here.  The more people that complain then it increases the chances that they will resort to using lower costing numbers instead.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2006 at 5:38pm by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

nads

Reply #142 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 6:17pm

trentham wrote on Sep 28th, 2006 at 4:05pm:
01506 831 780 is still working though, and was answered straight away (in India) after the menu.  I'm quite happy to contribute my 3p to 1899 for this service!  Undecided

What's this 1899 service?  Not heard of it before can someone explain it to me or direct me to a thread that can.

Thanks

Nadia Nadia  
IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #143 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 7:18pm

nads wrote on Dec 14th, 2006 at 6:17pm:
What's this 1899 service?  Not heard of it before can someone explain it to me or direct me to a thread that can.
For those paying BT linerental then see this thread.  However, its now 4p per call (not min) to a geographical (01/02) number now, not 3p per call and also Call18185 are generally the cheapest.  With a BT landline you can also get free evening & weekend calls with no monthly fee - just see my link.

However, those with a cable landline then you can't get calls as cheap as you can when using a BT landline but you can get a little bit cheap calls by visiting this thread.

IP Logged

nads

Reply #144 - Dec 14th, 2006 at 11:25pm

Thanks - I'm even more confused now!  I get my line rental from BT (Option 1) but use talk talk for my calls unless I bypass them to BT by prefixing the number I'm dialling with 1280 - so instead of prefixing with 1280 I'd prefix it with 18185/1889 instead - is that correct?  If so, who do i pay for these calls?

By the way, called sky's geographical no to do an upgrade tonight and was told that I had to dial the 0870 on the letter I was sent as they couldn't deal with it or pass me through as they only dealt with cancellations!

Nadia Nadia  
IP Logged

Chris_M

Reply #145 - Dec 15th, 2006 at 12:08am

A big thank you to the two forum members who supplied me with the number.

I have a TiVo pvr and to call Tivo customer services I have to call 08702 41 84 86, which is run by sky.

I wonder if the 0800 number can get me through to Tivo CS.

IP Logged

doug11

Reply #146 - Dec 15th, 2006 at 11:26am

Firstly many thanks to the two forum members for contacting me.

I am begining to hate Sky and its underhand dealings with a passion. I emailed them to ask for the cheapest way to upgrade to Sky HD, having been a customer for many years, I had hoped that they might actually help. No a stock reply £299 £60 fitting (to take a wire out of the sky+ box and put it in the HD box) and £10 per month.
They completely failed to mention the half price HD box offer if installed before the 24th Dec. So I emailed them to complain about this 0870 numbers lack of proffessionalism etc.
This morning THEY PHONED ME and stated that the didn't tell me about this offer 'Because it had nothing to do with Sky'
I tried to explain she may be wrong but was obviously talking to a limited poorly programmed machine.

Sorry I just had to tell someone. Sky is one of the most objectionable compamies that I have ever dealt with. Not because they are rude but if the matter falls outside the script they just keep repeating the same insane rubbish.
I wouldn't even mind usind the 0870 if the answered it directly and dealt with the issue efficiently sadly none of these words apply to this company MY OPINION after months of frustrating calls.
Inconclusion the geographical number often leads to India entertaining if you have time to waste but rarely helps if you want a reply from a real Sky person, if they really exist!
I

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
1899 / 18185
Reply #147 - Dec 15th, 2006 at 12:49pm

nads wrote on Dec 14th, 2006 at 11:25pm:
Thanks - I'm even more confused now!  I get my line rental from BT (Option 1) but use talk talk for my calls unless I bypass them to BT by prefixing the number I'm dialling with 1280 - so instead of prefixing with 1280 I'd prefix it with 18185/1889 instead - is that correct?  If so, who do i pay for these calls?

That is correct - and 1899 and/or 18185 bill you by e-mail every month or every couple of months (online billing only) - you have to provide details for continuous credit card payments (not recommended) or Direct Debit (recommended) when you sign up online.
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2006 at 12:50pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

trek6700

Reply #148 - Dec 15th, 2006 at 6:35pm

Hi. just like say thank you to the forum member who pm me the sky phone number. was much appreciated. Cheers.

IP Logged

nads

Reply #149 - Dec 16th, 2006 at 10:01am

Thanks for everyone's help - any chance someone could PM me the 0800 number please so I have it for future reference.

Nadia Nadia  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge