Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,324,924 times)
chrisr01

Beverley
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #180 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 12:29pm

I have been using this number for over 6 months now and never fail to get through.  Try puting the ever faithful 141 in front of the number before dialing.  Used it last week to get my Sky+ box fixed for free, they tried the £65 callout but the threat of cancellation soon removed that. Grin Any way like i say try the number with 141 in front and good luck  Wink

IP Logged

4PetesSake

Why Pay More?

Northamptonshire
Reply #181 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 3:33pm

I have just called Sky and spoken to CS for about 15 minutes using the 0800 0512595 number. It seems to be working fine now. I have skytalk and just dialed the number direct without using 141  Grin £1.20 Saved.
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2007 at 3:36pm by 4PetesSake »  

IP Logged

mcshyd23

Reply #182 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 4:22pm

First and foremost many thanks to this site guys great job

Reading all of this thread i ve figured out something. Going by my assumption that the 0800 number doesnt change whether its on or off i believe its to do with caller volumes which also is also in cohesion with people stating if its on or off. When its posted its on obviously many people get wind of this and make the calls = larger volumes, when its off less calls, someone tries it randomly (its then back on etc etc). Try it in off peak times.
Just a theory
As for getting freebies from sky by threatening to leave, i do believe (for those that dont know) this is apparent for many companies offering a service in exchange for money (t-mobile used to be one for example but are becoming more stringent) i do hope this helps

IP Logged

kjtrading

Reply #183 - Feb 13th, 2007 at 5:06pm

Hi

Just tried it and it worked fine.

IP Logged

Nick66

Reply #184 - Feb 14th, 2007 at 8:59am

I tried it again last night and got through Ok, must have something to do with volume of calls. Didn't solve my problem (broadband activated but router not yet received) but that's another story - at least I saved 23 minutes worth of an 0870 call!

IP Logged

macdawn

Reply #185 - Mar 7th, 2007 at 7:45pm

Hi,

I had recently moved, and was trying to call Sky to arrange for an engineer to come and install a new satellite dish. I had tried calling the 0870 number at first, but I had been tranferred from one department to the next without getting anything done (and wasting £3+ on hold).

Then I tried calling the 08000512595 I had found on this site, and was put on hold for 48 MIN without getting anything done either. The customer service guy had tried to help but as it was not a direct line to the 'Moving House' -related department, the best he could was to put me in the queue...

So, I am begging for someone, if you have any way I can get to the relevant department, please help me...

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #186 - Mar 7th, 2007 at 8:14pm

macdawn wrote on Mar 7th, 2007 at 7:45pm:
So, I am begging for someone, if you have any way I can get to the relevant department, please help me...

Have you tried the 01506 geographical number?

IP Logged

macdawn

Reply #187 - Mar 7th, 2007 at 8:30pm

I have tried to call the geographical number too. I am thinking perhaps I had tried calling in at the 'peak hour' periods?

I intend to try calling again tomorrow at some ungodly hour, and hopefully I can get to some living person to help me with my problem. But all the directing, press '1' for this, '2' for that... is kinda confusing, not to mention waste of time.

One thing is for sure, I am sure glad I am not using the 0870 number.  Grin

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #188 - Mar 7th, 2007 at 8:49pm

macdawn wrote on Mar 7th, 2007 at 8:30pm:
I have tried to call the geographical number too. I am thinking perhaps I had tried calling in at the 'peak hour' periods?

Try calling other nearby 01506 numbers as this number was found because the original one was discontinued. They will all go to the Sky office, although they may be departments that can't help you and/or employees' direct numbers.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2007 at 8:50pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

dad2711

kent
Reply #189 - Mar 10th, 2007 at 9:01pm

As off 9 pm to night have phoned and talked to a lady at sky on ----------
0800 0512595    still working ok   Wink

dad2711 &&I try to find numbers :--  but now im getting better at finding them

IP Logged

gudman

Reply #190 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 1:43pm

i called them today (sunday) and it works well, i was calling regarding broadband but they guy asked me to call a  0870 number and i told him my phone allow me to call 0870 (tip from this site) and he put me through.
thnks  guys

IP Logged

g7rpo

Reply #191 - Mar 12th, 2007 at 12:05pm

0800 number working fine for me midday 12th March 2007

IP Logged

bramernic

Reply #192 - Mar 15th, 2007 at 5:26pm

The freefone number worked fine yesterday (14/3/07), but today (15th) when I said I was calling about broadband it put me through to a recording saying that the requested option was not available on the number I had dialed. It refered me to the 0870 number.  I dialed the geographic number and that still worked.

IP Logged

minniemax

Reply #193 - Mar 18th, 2007 at 12:41pm

I have just spoken to the Complaints Dept and have been told that if you send them a copy of  your phone bill will the calls to them hightlighted and a covering letter they will refund the cost of the calls.

You need to send a copy to:

Sky Subscriber Services
4 McIntosh Road
Kirktown Campus
Livingston
West Lothian
EH54 7BW

IP Logged

gudman

Reply #194 - Mar 21st, 2007 at 2:32pm

today(21/03) i called sky using 0800 number for broadband support and it goes to recorded message asking to call 0870 number
but the GN working well  Grin, i have had to wait nearly an hour to get an answer

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, bbb_uk, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge