Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,329,033 times)
jamkop

Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #195 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 5:39pm

Hi

I've used this site for ages and it brilliant, saved me loads of dosh.  Just registered as I'm pissed off with 0870 numbers and it seems Sky are trying to change their number so they can make EVEN MORE MONEY.  Would change to Virgin but they don't have that in my area.  I have literally just rang Sky on 01506 831 782, ignored the request to enter my tel. no. and got straight through to customer services.  I was able to change my package no problem!

I currently get some Sky movie channels for free (It's called G1 & G2 package).  They have since scrapped this package (or so they say but I'm still on it and I'm able to change which one I receive).  G1 is even numbered movie channels and G2 is odd numbered movie (or the other way round).  These packages were created to give people something for free, FREE FROM SKY I HEAR YOU SAY - YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!  Allow me to explain.  Say if you had the top package and called up to cancel the lot and just have the basic channels, Sky would lose over £30 - £40.  They will then offer you some free movie channels if you keep your sports package.  So they wouldn't lose as much £££'s.  So I currently get all channels + all sports channels, and I get 5 FREE movie channels  Grin RESULT!

SO, if you're on a top package threaten to cancel everything to just go on basic and see what they offer you or if you're in an area for Virgin, threaten to go to them and see what they offer you.  Remember they don't want to lose customers!!! GOOD LUCK  Cool

IP Logged

jamkop

Reply #196 - Mar 26th, 2007 at 6:06pm

I have just checked on Skys website their current package deals, and for all channels + sky sports channels it is £37/pm.  I have been paying £40.50/pm - so they have been charging me for the so called 'free' movie channels they said I could have.  I've just called up and they've credited me for this month but I have to put into writing to get back the money they've taken thus far.  It seems someone in their customer services dept. was telling porkies in order to get commission... robbin gits, I don't even watch the crap movie channels!!!!

IP Logged

darkandstormy

Devon
Reply #197 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 7:00pm

I am fed up with Sky, because they use these numbers and we have to foot the bill, and I sympathise with you, Try the landline numbers, I loathe any company who uses these numbers and thefore WILL NOT DO BUSINESS WITH COMPANIES IF THERE IS NO LANDLINE NUMBER. IT IS TIME THE UK STAND UP TO THESE IDIOTIC COMPANIES WHO ARE RIPPING THE PUBLIC OFF AND GIVE PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.

IP Logged

jamkop

Reply #198 - Mar 30th, 2007 at 11:03am

Well I got it sorted without writing to their Customer Services Dept.  I had to threaten to cancel my entire subscription, why do they only 'help' you when you when you threaten this???  I said I will cancel the whole lot and throw the bloody box out of the window!! They soon listened  Lips Sealed  I finally spoke to someone who had heard of the G1 & G2 package, he said I was notified in July last year that I would no longer get Movies for free and that my price would be xyz.  But little did he know I keep all correspondence and was able to refer back to this letter, and it did not say that Movies would no longer be free to me, it just said that the price for my package would be going up.  So I got my refund... in the end, plus they never got anymore money out of me, coz I never dialled their 0870 number  Grin

IP Logged

spuddy

Reply #199 - Apr 9th, 2007 at 10:52pm

Have spent a couple of days lurking on this forum before trying a geographical number this evening.

01506 831 781 worked o.k.  I just ignored the prompts and after two rounds of them I was connected.  Cheesy

Only trouble is I got cut off after 11 minutes  Sad and so, with trepidation, I tried it again.  I got through again but couldn't get through to the nice lass who had been dealing with me so had to start again with my problem.  This took 18 minutes but I didn't get cut off.

IP Logged

annm19

Reply #200 - Apr 10th, 2007 at 11:13am

ive just got through on 01506 831 782 but am being charged the 0870 rate according to my first phone bill

IP Logged

minniemax

Reply #201 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 2:53pm

I have been trying to contact Sky AGAIN today and have found that none of the freephone OR geogra[hical numbers are working - including the Disnry Channel option.  On all the lines I get the message either - sorry this service is no longer available or this service can  not be accessed from the number you are calling from (even when I put 141 before the number)  I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting sick and tired of Sky making money off their customers when their service goes wrong!

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #202 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 3:17pm

minniemax wrote on Apr 11th, 2007 at 2:53pm:
I have been trying to contact Sky AGAIN today and have found that none of the freephone OR geogra[hical numbers are working - including the Disnry Channel option.  On all the lines I get the message either - sorry this service is no longer available or this service can  not be accessed from the number you are calling from (even when I put 141 before the number)  I don't know about anyone else, but I am getting sick and tired of Sky making money off their customers when their service goes wrong!

Try adding two to the number you first thought of (works for me).
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2007 at 3:18pm by Heinz »  

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

minniemax

Reply #203 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 3:38pm

I seem to have tried everything else - I'll give that a go.  Wink

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #204 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 3:49pm

minniemax wrote on Apr 11th, 2007 at 3:38pm:
I seem to have tried everything else - I'll give that a go.  Wink

Check your e-mail.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

Cheeka

Reply #205 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 4:34pm

I've been trying to call sky because they owe me money but it seems all the geographical numbers are no longer working, has anyone got a different number i can try please?

IP Logged

Cruz

Reply #206 - Apr 11th, 2007 at 4:44pm

Cheeka wrote on Apr 11th, 2007 at 4:34pm:
I've been trying to call sky because they owe me money but it seems all the geographical numbers are no longer working, has anyone got a different number i can try please?

Check your PMs.

IP Logged

doublegandt

Northwich, Cheshire
Reply #207 - Apr 12th, 2007 at 1:19pm

Cruz (or anyone else!) - any chance you could PM me with the latest contact method also. Sky are REALLY  Angry annoying. thanks.

I say barkeep - put a little more ice in there will - there's a good chap.

IP Logged

dmp1967

Reply #208 - Apr 12th, 2007 at 3:03pm

can someone pm as well because they owe me money and have mucked about with my packages

IP Logged

minniemax

Reply #209 - Apr 12th, 2007 at 4:39pm

I did eventually get through yesterday (Wednesday) on 01506 831 781 but was on hold for a while.  Can't say that it'll be working today though - they seem to cancel numbers once people have managed to get through on them!!  Good luck with this number  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Dave, Forum Admin, DaveM, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge