Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,312,695 times)
j1mster

It's not big, but it IS
clever! ;-)

Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #510 - Jul 14th, 2008 at 2:13pm

2pm 14/07/08       01506 421884    still working.

Apparently this time it went through to installations (Livingston) but got transfered to department I wanted with no probs.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #511 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:29pm

Below is an email I sent tonight to Sky CEO Jeremy Darroch after successfully getting through to a member of staff on the 01506 customer service line number but then being placed in a queue for 20 to 30 minutes to cancellations/turnaround after which I was cut off.  Then when I rang back not surprisingly rather upset I was accused of not being adequately polite and deferential to their staff who couldn't actually seem to give a damn about customers being cut off after 20 minues and having £2 stolen from them (or at least that is most of their customers apart from regular members of this website) by Sky$$$$$$$$$.  Surely I should actually be entitled to claim 50GBP from Sky for my valuable wasted time in having to hold on for 20 minutes only to then be cut off with all the consequential emotional distress involved.

I regularly subscribe and unsubscribe from Sky every few months but they now seem to be the most obstructive about cancellations that I have ever known them to be.  It would appear that with the launch of Freesat HD as well as Freeview and the current recession that Sky subscriber growth is really going in to meltdown and that they are having to pull every trick in the book they can think of to try and stop customers from leaving and subscriber numbers going in to reverse. Shocked Angry Smiley

Quote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject:      Deliberate Lieing, Deceipt & Procrastination by Sky To Prevent Customers Cancelling
Date:      Sun, 20 Jul 2008 22:07:01 +0100
To:      jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com
CC:      AllCustomerCareEscalation@BSkyB.com, andrew.griffith@bskyb.com, robert.fraser@bskyb.com, CRsupport@bskyb.com, claudio.pollack@ofcom.org.uk, jonathan.may@oft.gov.uk, sean.williams@oft.gov.uk, christine.wade@oft.gov.uk, emma.scott@freesat.co.uk, mark.anderson@bskyb.com, stuart.mcintosh@ofcom.org.uk, matthew.conway@ofcom.org.uk, peter.bury@ofcom.org.uk, philip.rutnam@ofcom.org.uk, ed.richards@ofcom.org.uk, david.currie@ofcom.org.uk, anna.bradley@ofcomconsumerpanel.org.uk, bob.twitchin@ofcomconsumerpanel.org.uk, william.cunningham@bskyb.com

Dear Mr Darroch,

Sky Month By Month - A/C No - 40xxxxxx - Smart Card Number xxx xxx xxx - Deliberate, Lieing, Deceipt & Disconnection of Phone Calls After Long Periods on Hold When A Customer Tries to Cancel Their Sky Subscription

Tonight I tried to carry out a simple task.  Namely cancelling my Sky Month By Month subscription when I am not in a long term contractual relationship with Sky and not under any obligation to continue subscribing and also not subject to any penalty clawback clauses for cancelling.  However 50 minutes on from first trying to contact Sky and after a 30 minute hold in a queue for the cancellations/turnaround department listening to patronising messages (misleadingly telling me that putting my Sky box in standby saves 50% of its energy consumption when it actually saves less than 10% of its normal energy use) after which I was then summarily disconnected with the unobtainable tone (having not got through to anyone in accounts/cancellation) I am no nearer to cancelling and another man hour of the UK economy's time has been wasted by Sky's utterly desperate and despicable tactics to prevent customers terminating (or at least temporarily suspending) their subscription.  Of course had I wished to order a pay per view movie or upgrade to Sky HD my request would no doubt have been actioned immediately.

The following points are totally unacceptable:-

(a) that those who have online account management like myself and are out of any 12 month or other initial contractual obligation to Sky cannot cancel online and resubscribe online without wasting their time and your staff's time making long and protracted phone calls to ripoff covert premium rate 0844 phone numbers.

(b) that for those customers who do not have online account management an easy and timely method of cancelling by phone is not provided.  Also that when the Sky cancellation line is overwhelmed with calls that no callback facility is offered to customers to call them back when the cancellation line is less busy.

(c) that customers are placed in a queue of over 20 minutes to turnaround/cancellations after which their call is then terminated with the unobtainable tone at buys periods.  The customer has then paid over £2 in phone call cost for no service.  In normal parlance this amounts to theft from customers by Sky.

(d) that on asking to speak to a supervisor to complain about this contemptuous treatment of its customers by Sky that I am told no supervisor is available and that they are all too busy to speak to me at the moment at 9.07pm on a Sunday evening (July 20th).  I am asked to believe that all the supervisors are holding a team meeting late on a Sunday evening - I think not.  This is what I was told by Catherine  on extension 74315 after I made it clear I would email yourself as CEO and the other senior directors of Sky if I did not get through to a supervisor straight away.

Continued/............
« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:45pm by NGMsGhost »  

<div style=

IP Logged

NGMsGhost
Supreme Member

The Forum Ghost of NonGeographicalMan<b
r />

Surrey, United Kingdom
Reply #512 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:30pm

Quote:
Sky is a company that now only seems able to retain its customers through the most abusive and dishonest techniques worthy of a firm of the worst sort of timeshare or double glazing salesmen. If your customers were happy customers receiving value for money they would surely not want to leave you.  As I do not live on one of your LLU exchanges and paid £320 for a single communal satellite aerial point installed by Cranleigh Aerials in 2005 (that does not support Sky+ or Sky HD as there is no second feed from the dish) it is surely not surprising that you cannot offer me an attractive product proposition that makes me want to stay loyal to the company and its service.

Please can you execute my cancellation instruction forthwith and backdate it to today's date and make the appropriate adjustments on my account.

I look forward to hearing from you with your comments on the reasons as to why Sky's turnaround/cancellations line is so dismally undermanned on a Sunday evening (I understand from one of your male members of staff I have just spoken to that this is the usual situation on Sunday evening) and why Sky continues to prevent customers cancelling, resubscribing or altering their current choice of Sky Mixes via their online account management facility.

Yours sincerely,

<div style=

IP Logged

cymroc

Reply #513 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:02pm

01506 421884  still working as at 18:30 30 July 2008 and i have to say thank you to this site and this forum!  My best ever experience contacting sky!

Needed HD Technical dept, nice Scottish lady answered within 3 rings. Took my details and details of the problem then went to transfer me, came back on after a min or so and said we were in a queue, which would be approx 5 mins, and was i happy holding?! I said yes, had to listen to some sky advertising for a couple of mins before she returned to transfer me to technical support - straight through without further waiting.  Nice job!

Now whether the "fix" they applied actually stops the audio on HD recordings from breaking up is another matter, we will see....

IP Logged

albear

Reply #514 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 10:40pm

Smileyhave just checked the number for sky tv for customer services 0870 2404040 and the alternative number 01506 831006 works fine,asks you to enter your home telephone number and then connects you straight through to customer service.

IP Logged

zipman23

Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
Reply #515 - Jul 31st, 2008 at 9:53am

I'm paying £8.25/month to Domestic and General for their Sky Repair and Protection Plan "service". Just called that 01506 421884 and was connected and off the phone again within 5 minutes. I've been given their number as 08444810444. Would it be easier just to cancel the direct debit rather than ringing them? If my sky+ box breaks, they can just come and take it out. Simple as!

IP Logged

ChrisDennis

Reply #516 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 4:26pm

Thanks for the list of Sky numbers. 

I tried ...702, and eventually got a recorded message saying 'your call will be answered in less than 25 minutes'.  So I tried ...742 which promised an answer 'shortly', and I did get through to a chap with a difficult-to-understand accent, who wittered at me for a while and asked all sorts of personal questions before putting me on hold while I was transferred to the 'relevant department'.  Then someone called Nick came on the line and started being helpful before the line went dead.

I later found another number to call -- 08442 414141 -- which presented several long menus before I finally got through to someone who dealt with my enquiry, i.e. my cancellation of my Sky, so at least I won't have to go through that again.

Sorry for the rant.

cheers

Chris

IP Logged

Heinz
Supreme Member

Essex
Reply #517 - Aug 7th, 2008 at 8:24pm

7.15pm 5/Aug/2008 - 01506 421884 still working.

Used it to downgrade subscription (answered after a minute or so, got the usual, "I'll transfer you to one of my colleagues because they can offer you special deals" garbage but, after 5 minutes of ringing, no reply, the original Scots lass came back on the line, told me they were busy and dealt with my request.  As I was not paying a bean for the call and as I put the call onto loudspeak whilst I waited (and carried on doing something else), I wasn't worried.

After years of ignoring govt. guidelines & RIPPING OFF Council Tax payers using 0845 numbers, Essex County Council changed to 0345 numbers on 2 November 2015
IP Logged

todger65

Reply #518 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 11:04pm

Wish I found this site earlier.

Had to report a telephone fault to Sky Talk this week on 08442410499. got through using a mobile within a couple of minutes and got them to call me back. They did without a problem once I had identified myself as a customer. They also called me today to ensure a repair had been carried out and both times the 'caller Id showed 08000512592. I havent tried calling them on this number but next time I need them I will give it a go. Got to be better than using an 01506 number unless you have inclusive calls.

I did read somewhere that if you are sky talk customer then all calls from your home land line number to their 0844 numbers are now free of charge.

« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2008 at 11:05pm by todger65 »  

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #519 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 11:12pm

I haven't called the 0800 number myself, but experience of "call-back 0800" numbers is that they are usually an announcement saying that the company called and they'll ring later or leave a (premium rate) number for you to call back on.

Don't forget that any 0800 numbers called on a mobile are charged at practically the same rate as 087x numbers, so the 01506 numbers are the best on a mobile.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

SteveHoffmanUK

Hampshire
Reply #520 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 9:32am

Tried the 0800 number, but got a message saying, in effect, go away we're too busy.

So then I tried the 01506 421884 number and got a recorded message offering a ringback service, which worked brilliantly. They ask you to speak your name and then to key in your phone number, and then said that they would call back within an hour, please hang up, which I did. The call took maybe 30 seconds to complete.

They rang back in 1.5 hours, and a Scottish-accented lady sorted out my problem in about 10 minutes.

IP Logged

mikegordon

Reply #521 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 1:21pm

Re the 01506 421xxx message on the main website. As of today, most of these numbers do not work. You get this service is no longer available. The ring back service does offer you the chance of putting in a number but no chjance of hanging on

Mike

IP Logged

anne0411

Wirral
Reply #522 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 6:55pm

01506 421712 - this number worked person really pleasant and transferred me to HD Technical Services but got cut off after call being connected to HD.

R Smileye-rang it and was told this is the freesat number and cannot transfer calls!

So rang this number  01506 421884 got thru fine, transferred to HD Technical services great fast service.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #523 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 1:00pm

01506 421712 used to be a menu for Sky Talk with an option for Sky TV. It is now "no longer available".

I have replaced it in the database with 726 as it is the same menu as 712 used to be, as I found out previously.

01506 831702 requests your home telephone number.
« Last Edit: Aug 16th, 2008 at 1:07pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

kurtis5561

Reply #524 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 8:59pm

The unverified number of 01506 831006 worked for me, and got through in under a minute.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Dave, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge