Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 77
Send Topic Print
Sky Customer Services (Read 2,319,657 times)
Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Re: Sky Customer Services
Reply #525 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 9:05pm

kurtis5561 wrote on Aug 17th, 2008 at 8:59pm:
The unverified number of 01506 831006 worked for me, and got through in under a minute.

Thanks. This number requests the caller's telephone number.

I have added this to the verified entry for Sky.

IP Logged

kurtis5561

Reply #526 - Aug 17th, 2008 at 9:13pm

NGMsGhost wrote on Jul 20th, 2008 at 10:29pm:
Below is an email I sent tonight to Sky CEO Jeremy Darroch after successfully getting through to a member of staff on the 01506 customer service line number but then being placed in a queue for 20 to 30 minutes to cancellations/turnaround after which I was cut off.  Then when I rang back not surprisingly rather upset I was accused of not being adequately polite and deferential to their staff who couldn't actually seem to give a damn about customers being cut off after 20 minues and having £2 stolen from them (or at least that is most of their customers apart from regular members of this website) by Sky$$$$$$$$$.  Surely I should actually be entitled to claim 50GBP from Sky for my valuable wasted time in having to hold on for 20 minutes only to then be cut off with all the consequential emotional distress involved.

I regularly subscribe and unsubscribe from Sky every few months but they now seem to be the most obstructive about cancellations that I have ever known them to be.  It would appear that with the launch of Freesat HD as well as Freeview and the current recession that Sky subscriber growth is really going in to meltdown and that they are having to pull every trick in the book they can think of to try and stop customers from leaving and subscriber numbers going in to reverse. Shocked Angry Smiley

I'd be quite surprised if you get a reply because here are the board of directors at sky and that person is not listed

James Merdoch > President

Thomas G. Deranek > Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer
Officer Since: 09/24/2001

Jon S. Pilarski > Chief Financial Officer, Vice President - Finance, Treasurer
Officer Since: 1997

Christopher R. Leader > Vice President - Operations
Officer Since: 09/1997

Bruce G. Page > Vice President - Operations
Officer Since: 2006

Terrence M. Decio > Vice President - Sales and Marketing
Officer Since: 1985

Charles W. Chambliss > Vice President - Product Development and Engineering
Officer Since: 1996

Martin R. Fransted > Corporate Controller, Secretary
Officer Since: 09/20/2007

Jerry Hammes > Director
Officer Since: 1986

William H. Lawson > Director
Officer Since: 197

David T. Link > Director

IP Logged

tobydjones

Reply #527 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 5:06pm

Dave wrote on Sep 26th, 2007 at 8:25pm:
As mentioned previously, loads of numbers starting 01506 4217xx. 753 answers as "Customer care".

update:
752 This service is no longer available
813 Please redial on 08702 404040
884 Straight through to installations -> transferred me to billing. I spoke to Alec who was very helpful

IP Logged

littlejim

sussex
Reply #528 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:07pm

I have just rung the number posted by DAVE 01526 421 726 and was connected. Got my question answered. To check I rang again and got the message, "this number is no longer available". Yesterday I found the head office number 0207 705 300 and got an answer but this number is also now "no longer available" on my telephone. there seems to be a sophisticated piece of software which the operator can engage to block any further calls from a number.  HuhDoes anybody know if this so?

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #529 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:13pm

littlejim wrote on Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:07pm:
I have just rung the number posted by DAVE 01526 421 726 and was connected. Got my question answered. To check I rang again and got the message, "this number is no longer available". Yesterday I found the head office number 0207 705 300 and got an answer but this number is also now "no longer available" on my telephone. there seems to be a sophisticated piece of software which the operator can engage to block any further calls from a number.  HuhDoes anybody know if this so?

If you are dialling them as you typed them here, then I'm not surprised they don't work!!

The first number should be 01506 421726 and the second is one digit short and should be 020 77053000

IP Logged

Little_Beth

Reply #530 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 4:47pm

Just registered so I can share my experience of getting through to Sky using various numbers on the site.  After using several that just put me into a 40 minute+ queue I tried 01506 421884 which is listed as Customer Services.  I got through within a couple of minutes (told on the line 4 minutes) to a very friendly and helpful chap so I recommend this number.

IP Logged

Yarri

Scotland
Reply #531 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 12:50pm

I've just used 01506 421884 to cancel my Sky TV subscription. I got through within 5 minutes, the lady that answered took a few details then transferred me to a chap who took my cancellation with no fuss, the whole thing was done and dusted within 10 minutes at no cost. I was pleasantly surprised not be to given a hard time after reading other posts here and elswhere. I have been a customer for over 7 years so they may think they've had their money's worth from me. Also I told them I was going overseas (which is true, but I didn't say it's only for 4 months) so they may have just accepted losing me.

IP Logged

Little_Beth

Reply #532 - Sep 14th, 2008 at 10:21pm

Good to hear it is still working.

IP Logged

gavstars

Reply #533 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 1:16pm

Dave wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 5:31pm:
Have you looked at my list above? Some numbers on there look promising.

I have checked those customer service numbers today and they no longer work. There is an automated response saying this service is no longer available.

Does anyone know a new customer service number?

IP Logged

jgxenite
Supreme Member

Help us to help you -
read the instructions!!

Reply #534 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 1:28pm

Which numbers did you try? If you are trying numbers from Oct 2007, they are unlikely to work now!

The latest number to be reported as working was 01506 421884. Please try it and let us know if it is still working.

I don't mind helping you with your request as long as you read the instructions!

IP Logged

operator

Aberdeen (originally Glasgow)
Reply #535 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 10:47pm

gavstars wrote on Sep 16th, 2008 at 1:16pm:
Dave wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 5:31pm:
Have you looked at my list above? Some numbers on there look promising.

I have checked those customer service numbers today and they no longer work. There is an automated response saying this service is no longer available.

Does anyone know a new customer service number?

01506 421 737 is the one I use with no problems. There are a couple that connect you, but leave you hanging on for ages. (01506 421727)

IP Logged

Scarlet_Caravan

Reply #536 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 3:14pm

I am a laryngectomee...therefore have speech difficulties....I wonder, do any companies like Sky consider the plight of those who have to go around the houses, wait for seemingly hours, and in my case, end up being misheard or misunderstood and the call terminated? After 2 hours, eventually I was able to (by this time croak) into the ears of a Line Manager with a modicum of intelligence and understanding. I used to be unimpressed with BT customer services (still am). Currently though, Sky are top of the leader board. Take me back to the old days of simple phone calls to people who knew what they were talking about without computer led scripts. Sky's incompetence across every aspect has been phenomenal. I'm almost suprised they have any customers at all.
Can you invoice large companies for a) the phone bill ever mounting from being tossed around by idiots and b) loss of life through time spent uselessly waiting for replies?

Just a thought. Best wishes one and all.

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #537 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 5:13pm

Bear in mind that BT customer services are now either an 0800 or 0808 number which means that if you are unfortunate to be on the phone for a couple of hours it wont cost you anything from a landline. Smiley

IP Logged

Ophiicus

Reply #538 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:37pm

01506 421 737 Took me through to Sky+ sales, but they were happy to redirect me to the right department who dealt with me swiftly and courteously.

IP Logged

catterbutts

Reply #539 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 1:21pm

01506 421884 worked 11:00 this morning - answered in 2 rings, and lady who ansered went straight into to th eproblem-solving script without need to transfer elsewhere.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 77
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Forum Admin, Dave, CJT-80, DaveM, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge