Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Guide to Finding Alternative Numbers (Read 369,250 times)
Jupiter

Re: Guide to finding geographical numbers
Reply #15 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 10:30am

SmileyHello,  My first look at the site.  Tried it out, read the Introductory posts.  One comment - someone said they couldn't find the List Unverified Entries button.  Nor could I.  I assumed it would be on the Search *Results* page, after getting a No Results message from searching the Verified listings.  Just seemed logical to me.  Anyway, on with the GN searching!  Keep up the good work.

IP Logged

bbb_uk
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 10:39am

It's located at the bottom of the * Search * page here.

I missed it as well at first because at my screen resolution (800*600) I had to scroll down to see it.  Even at a screen resolution of 1024*768 I have to scroll down.
« Last Edit: Jul 25th, 2005 at 10:42am by bbb_uk »  

IP Logged

tbh444

Reply #17 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 3:04pm

Hi, I've used this site a few times and found it very useful - thanks to those who maintain it.

As an additional suggestion in searching for branches etc. I would recommend trying http://www.infobel.co.uk - this site appears to be based on the contents of old telephone directories often with geographical numbers, though I don't think it is comprehensive - it can also be searched on a postcode only, unlike most online telephone directories.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #18 - Oct 23rd, 2005 at 5:34pm

A technique which is useful for finding the prefixes issued to large systems (eg those in university halls) is to do some research as to which telco provides the system and look up what prefixes (within a particular STD code) it has. More on this information can be found here.

IP Logged

Webmaster
Ex Member

Finding Non Geographical numbers
Reply #19 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 2:19pm

A good way of locating a company number is by searching their Domain.  If they have a website use the 'Domain dossier' on http://centralops.net/co/ .  Often there is a Non geographical number as contact on there.  It is the number related to the '
Registrant
' not '
Registra
' that you need.

IP Logged

Tanllan
Supreme Member

Re: Finding Non Geographical numbers
Reply #20 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 2:27pm

What an excellent suggestion.  Smiley
Just had a look at shopping4cameras.com, which sadly gives 0116 1234567899.
Can't expect honesty there then.  Sad

IP Logged

Webmaster
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 4:36pm

They have a box number for an address as well.  But the Domain search came up with an actual address.  Multimap gives this location.
Anyone in Leicester might pop round if you are in that much need of knowing ?
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2005 at 6:54pm by DaveM »  

IP Logged

mc661

Habitual FOI requester.

West-Norfolk
Reply #22 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 6:06pm

I tend to use www.geektools.com/whois.php
Just stick in the "confirmation code" and the domain without the 'www.' and it will display the results with no other rubbish or adverts. Just the plain text.

IP Logged

bigjohn
Supreme Member

Reply #23 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 6:40pm

I have searched domain info for geo numbers for some time now.But an awful lot of the time your find spoof or NGN numbers quoted.

BJ.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #24 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 3:00pm

Another site for looking up telephone codes, what telecommunications company they are allocated to and (in the case of BT numbers) the locality within the area is Online CodeLook on the Magenta Systems website.

IP Logged

Barry_Coulthard

Reply #25 - Jan 11th, 2008 at 7:42pm

Thank You for your excellent advice and help.  I have followed your advice and have found the number I need on the internet. I did not however find it using your system albeit one member says there are numbers on file perhaps I am not using it properly.

Many thanks again

B Coulthard

IP Logged

donf

Reply #26 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 6:20pm

Hi there. What a great site! Found it via a recommendation in Which? magazine. I'm spreading the word and I've used the converter for a number of service sites. I have one or two numbers that I just can't find and for the life of me I can't remember what the company was when I called. Checked out your number search, Google and a few of the sites recommended by the folks in the forum. Read your recommendations for finding a number before posting. But no progress. One of the mumbers is 08447363610 and the other is 08455830086. I'd like to be able to search for the number in the postings on saynoto870 but I don't see how I can do that. Before I do a general posting is there anything else I should do? It goes without saying that if I crack any numbers I'll be offering the alternative numbers to the site.
All the best
donf

IP Logged

sherbert
Supreme Member

Reply #27 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 7:49pm

0844 736 3610 belongs to .......HR info & Advice line
For enquiries from current McDonald's employees.

which I found here

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-form.mcd

Not sure who the other one belongs to
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2010 at 7:51pm by sherbert »  

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #28 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 8:00pm

donf wrote on Aug 27th, 2010 at 6:20pm:
Hi there. What a great site! Found it via a recommendation in Which? magazine. I'm spreading the word and I've used the converter for a number of service sites. I have one or two numbers that I just can't find and for the life of me I can't remember what the company was when I called. Checked out your number search, Google and a few of the sites recommended by the folks in the forum. Read your recommendations for finding a number before posting. But no progress. One of the mumbers is 08447363610 and the other is 08455830086. I'd like to be able to search for the number in the postings on saynoto870 but I don't see how I can do that. Before I do a general posting is there anything else I should do? It goes without saying that if I crack any numbers I'll be offering the alternative numbers to the site.

Hello and welcome to SAYNOTO0870.COM.

I put 08447363610 (without spaces) into Google and it came back with nothing worthwhile. However, change that to "0844 736 3610" (put spaces in and quotes just to be sure) and the first link is to the McDonald's contact page:
http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-form.mcd
It is the number for McDonald's HR department.

Can't find anything on 0845 583 0086. Undecided

How come you have these numbers but don't know what they are for? Are these entries on your telephone bill?

IP Logged

donf

Reply #29 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 8:41pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the welcome!

Thanks also to sherbert!

Interesting.. I didn't make any calls to McDonalds HR.. Still, with a family it's difficult to know who's calling whom and for what reason.  Undecided

For the other number, well, I have just started a "system" here where we really need to take note of any 0845/0870 numbers we call. I'm getting these into a spreadsheet as I go and if I get a decent lead, I'll be reporting my findings to you for sure. Just been talking to my neigbours and they are now on-board with saynoto870

DonF

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, DaveM, Forum Admin, Dave, bbb_uk)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge