Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
FCO (serial abuser of 0870) (Read 29,622 times)
NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Re: FCO (serial abuser of 0870)
Reply #30 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 5:38pm

Very Interesting Info idb.  Although don't forget that following the Sharm El Sheikh bombings at least the Foreign Office was giving out a London 020 number as the emergency line.  So they can't actually be as incompetent, inefficient or out of touch as the Home Office in that respect!

What do you do for a job by the way that lets you contribute here so regularly like me?  Are you a freelance journalist or what exactly?  I am unemployed from one job and only part time employed at home by the other, which has always only been part time.  Well it could be full time if I wanted it to time wise but the pay isn't adequate to justify that.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #31 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 6:20pm

Quote:
Very Interesting Info idb.  Although don't forget that following the Sharm El Sheikh bombings at least the Foreign Office was giving out a London 020 number as the emergency line.  So they can't actually be as incompetent, inefficient or out of touch as the Home Office in that respect!

What do you do for a job by the way that lets you contribute here so regularly like me?  Are you a freelance journalist or what exactly?  I am unemployed from one job and only part time employed at home by the other, which has always only been part time.  Well it could be full time if I wanted it to time wise but the pay isn't adequate to justify that.
In fairness to the FCO, it has used this London number in the past for major incidents that happened overseas. However the London explosions resulted in the FCO advertising the +44 870 number on many (possibly all) of its embassy web sites. I don't recall it changing the number on the web site for the DC embassy even after the geographic alternative became available.

As to my line of work, I'm an IT Analyst but currently seeking full-time work! If anyone knows of any openings in south Florida, please let me know!

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

NonGeographicalMan
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Aug 4th, 2005 at 6:25pm

Quote:
As to my line of work, I'm an IT Analyst but currently seeking full-time work! If anyone knows of any openings in south Florida, please let me know!

I thought you might currently be a gentleman of relative leisure as indeed I am.

As the old saying goes it takes one to know one. Wink Grin

Of course I would be happy to take up the anti 07/8/9 crusade as a full time profession, if only I could think of a way to make it pay.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: CJT-80, Forum Admin, bbb_uk, DaveM, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge