Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
SAYNOTO0870.COM

<---- Back to main website

Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 32
Send Topic Print
Parliamentary update (Read 501,266 times)
SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Re: Parliamentary update
Reply #360 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 2:37pm

In passing, I have just heard the topic of use of 0845, rather than 03. numbers by HMRC raised by Andrew Turner in the Christmas adjournment debate in the Commons. As this is an opportunity to raise any issue of concern to any member, there may well be others in this debate. A minister has to answer each one in summing up.

The forum is fortunate in having members who trawl Hansard from time to time to keep this thread up-to-date as a record. Anyone prepared to take on this task on a regular basis would earn my great thanks.

If I have the time I will fill in many recent references, including one on the floor of the house that I solicited and heard in person. If and when appropriate, I will edit this posting to remove these comments.

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #361 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 9:44pm

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 16 Dec 2008 (pt 0031)
Department of Health

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200809/cmhansrd/cm081216/text/81216w0...

16 Dec 2008 : Column 663W

Non-geographical Telephone Numbers

19. Rob Marris: To ask the Secretary of State for Health whether he plans to discontinue the use of 084 telephone numbers in the NHS. [243649]

Mr. Bradshaw: We am considering discontinuing the use of telephone numbers such as 084 in the NHS, where the cost to the patient of calling those numbers is greater than the cost of a local rate call. We therefore launched a public consultation today on this issue, which is due to run until 31 March 2009, and which will inform the Government's decision on the future use of such numbers in the NHS.

House of Commons Hansard Debates for 16 Dec 2008 (pt 0002)
Department of Health

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200809/cmhansrd/cm081216/debtext/8121...

NHS Dentistry

16 Dec 2008 : Column 949

Rob Marris (Wolverhampton, South-West) (Lab): Telephone services have an effect on access to NHS dentistry and to GPs. What is the NHS doing to cut back on the very regrettable but widespread use of 084 telephone numbers, which cost patients extra money? It is a scandal throughout Government, with thousands of 084 numbers being used, including a lot in the NHS. What are the Government going to do about that?

Ann Keen: I thank my hon. Friend for that topical point. We have announced and launched a public consultation today on this issue, which is due to run until 31 March 2009. It will inform the Government's decisions on the future of such numbers in the NHS. I certainly share my hon. Friend's concern about those actions, as do the ministerial team.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2008 at 9:46pm by Dave »  

IP Logged

SilentCallsVictim
Supreme Member

aka NHS.Patient, DH_fairtelecoms

Reply #362 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 11:06pm

The supplementary oral question from Rob Marris referred to as the second itme in the above posting was sneaked in to the Commons proceedings under the guise of being relevant to access to NHS Dentistry. This waqs done partly in the hope of giving other members a chance to ask further questions about the consultation process. As it happened those who caught the speaker's eye during the remainder of this session of questions had other more pressing or serious matters to raise.

At least it gave the issue a brief hearing on the floor of the house. A video recording of the incident is available here

IP Logged

Dave
Global Moderator

Yorkshire
Reply #363 - Dec 24th, 2008 at 11:29pm

House of Commons Hansard Debates for 18 Dec 2008 (pt 0012)
Christmas Adjournment

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200809/cmhansrd/cm081218/debtext/8121...

18 Dec 2008 : Column 1283

Mr. Andrew Turner (Isle of Wight) (Con): […] On a different issue, my constituent, Mr. Gower, is concerned that despite the availability of 03 telephone numbers, Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs continues to use 0845 numbers, which, as they are not available as part of package deals, typically cost the consumer more than local calls. A complaints manager at HMRC has confirmed that it is looking into alternatives to the 0845 system that would offer benefits to users. As long ago as June 2007, the consumers organisation Which? found widespread confusion about the prices of these non-geographic calls and recommended that they be replaced with 03 numbers. Will the Minister ensure that work on looking at alternatives to the current system is prioritised?

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Miami, Florida, United States
Reply #364 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:42am

Questions for Oral or Written Answer
beginning on Tuesday 13 January 2009
(the 'Questions Book')

Part 1: Written Questions for Answer on
Tuesday 13 January 2009

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247335)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247350)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247336)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, what use (a) her Department and (b) service providers under contract to her Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration her Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if she will make a statement.
(247337)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247338)  

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247339)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247340)  

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:51am by idb »  

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #365 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:50am

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247341) 

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department made of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247342)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Health, whether NHS Direct uses 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; and if he will make a statement. 
(247306)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many GP surgeries use 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; and if he will make a statement. 
(247307)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Health, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247343)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, what use (a) her Department and (b) service providers under contract to her Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration her Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if she will make a statement.
(247344)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Innovation, Universities and Skills, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247345) 

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247346)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247347) 

As from November 21, 2013, I no longer participate in the forum and am unable to receive private messages.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #366 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:52am

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247347)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department made of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247348)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247349)

Mr Graham Stuart (Beverley & Holderness): To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, what use (a) his Department and (b) service providers under contract to his Department make of (i) 0844 and 0845 telephone numbers and (ii) revenue-sharing telephone numbers for calls from members of the public; for which services such numbers are used; what prefixes are used for revenue-sharing numbers; how much revenue has accrued from revenue-sharing numbers in each of the last five years; what consideration his Department has given to introducing 03-prefixed telephone numbers for calls to all such services; and if he will make a statement.
(247351)

[end]

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #367 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 1:54am

House of Commons
Monday 12 January 2009
Notices of Motions for which no days have been fixed
(‘Early Day Motions')

410 BT SCRAPPING OF 0845 CHARGES 12:1:09
Mr Lindsay Hoyle
Mr David Crausby

That this House is pleased to note BT's decision to scrap the current fee applicable when calling the 0870 and 0845 numbers used by many banks, the NHS, government departments and utility companies; urges other telecommunications companies to recognise that to charge for such essential calls is an unfair anomaly in need of being rectified; and calls on the Department of Health to bring forward proposals to put into statute guidance preventing GPs' surgeries and health service organisations from charging more than the cost of a local call.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #368 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 2:01am

Questions for Oral or Written Answer
beginning on Monday 12 January 2009
(the 'Questions Book')

Part 1: Written Questions for Answer on
Monday 12 January 2009

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Minister of State, Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246991)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246982)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Children, Schools and Families, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by his Department for public access to services.
(246990)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246974)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) her Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246989)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246988) 

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Defence, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246987)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by his Department for public access to services.
(246975)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246980) 

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246979)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Health, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246973) 

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for the Home Department, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) her Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246978) 

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Innovation, Universities and Skills, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246977)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for International Development, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by his Department for public access to services.
(246976) 

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Justice, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246986)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246985)

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #369 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 2:03am

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by his Department for public access to services.
(246984) 

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Transport, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246983) 

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Wales, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by his Department for public access to services.
(246981)

Mike Penning (Hemel Hempstead): To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services.
(246992)

[end]

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #370 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 2:04am

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 12 Jan 2009 (pt 0030)

Departmental Telephone Services

Mike Penning: To ask the Secretary of State for Health how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services. [246973]

Mr. Bradshaw: The Department runs or supports six 0845 telephone numbers for use by the public.

Two of these numbers, those serving recruitment for social care and social workers, will be moved over to the new 0300 tariff by the end of February. The use of 0845 numbers for the other four lines is currently under review.

The Department's Executive agencies, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and the NHS Purchasing and Supply Agency have no 0845 or similar cost telephone numbers for use by the public.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #371 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 2:06am

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 12 Jan 2009 (pt 0025)

Mike Penning: To ask the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by his Department for public access to services. [246975]

Mr. Mike O'Brien: None.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #372 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 2:07am

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 12 Jan 2009 (pt 0022)

Mike Penning: To ask the Secretary of State for Defence how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its executive agencies for public access to services. [246987]

Mr. Kevan Jones: The use of 0845 numbers and others that charge at a similar rate is determined at local level in accordance with individual business requirements and obtained directly from the supplier. Records of such numbers are not held centrally and could be provided only at disproportionate cost.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #373 - Jan 14th, 2009 at 2:08am

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 12 Jan 2009 (pt 0015)

Mike Penning: To ask the Secretary of State for Scotland how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by his Department for public access to services. [246984]

Ann McKechin: The Office does not use telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers.

IP Logged

idb
Supreme Member

Reply #374 - Jan 15th, 2009 at 1:26am

House of Commons Hansard Written Answers for 12 Jan 2009 (pt 0069)

Mike Penning: To ask the Chancellor of the Exchequer how many telephone numbers for which callers are charged at the rate applicable to 0845 numbers are used by (a) his Department and (b) its Executive agencies for public access to services. [246982]

Angela Eagle: HM Treasury does not use 0845 numbers.

The UK Debt Management Office has 17 0845 telephone numbers that appear on its website and are therefore generally available for use by callers. Their purpose is business continuity-related.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 32
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: DaveM, Forum Admin, CJT-80, bbb_uk, Dave)

Website and Content © 1999-2024 SAYNOTO0870.COM. All Rights Reserved.
Written permission is required to duplicate any of the content within this site.

WARNING: This is an open forum, posts are NOT endorsed by SAYNOTO0870.COM,
please exercise due caution when acting on any info from here.

SAYNOTO0870.COM » Powered by YaBB 2.5.2!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2024. All Rights Reserved.

Valid RSS Valid XHTML Valid CSS Powered by Perl Source Forge